IGNORED

Wilson duette

Hello
Anyone have any experience with the wilson duette 1?
You have a partner with a Restek factor and you have a pretty serious problem with high frequencies
"Let's scream" to the point that after five minutes of listening you have to leave it, I heard rotaflex with a more pleasant sound

The point is that these boxes have an external filter with which you can play depending on the placement of the boxes, and I think that there is the problem
I get the impression that it is not connected correctly, if someone has a connection scheme or some information will be welcome
a greeting

Wilson are extremelly overrated (if you take performance/price into account). If you look at the cabinet+stand resonances of the Duette 2 they're not better than many conventional speakers in spite of the the hype surrounding the "secret" material used in the cabinets...

I wonder if the problems you mentions are not afecting the but the upper-mid/lower-treble...

According to JA, they are high resolution and produce some nasality but sound a bit muted. When I read between the lines means that the woofer breakup is probably audible afecting the presence region where the ear is most sensitive and that the tweeter is reasonably well balanced as he generally seems to prefer a slightly hot treble.

When I listened to the Duettes, I was as astonished by the speaker's resolution as JM had been. Hearing the CD version of Shelby Lynne singing the title track of her Just a Little Lovin' (Lost Highways B0009789-02, our March 2008 "Recording of the Month"), I was made aware of something I hadn't heard before: some very low-level analog-tape print-through in the pause before she begins each verse. (Though, to be fair, most of my experience of this track is of the LP, which seems free from this problem; perhaps the CD was mastered from a duplicate tape that had been stored "heads-out.") The Duette's low frequencies were also first-rate: extended, with perhaps a slight midbass excess, though with superb definition. The use of a larger-than-usual woofer for a two-way bookshelf design gives optimal bass performance, in terms of both sensitivity and power handling.

The Duette was not quite as uncolored as the Vivid B1, which I auditioned in both JM's and my rooms. There was a slight nasality to Shelby Lynne's and Norah Jones's voices. This character was not audible in male voices, but, like the Duette's rather forward sound, stemmed, I feel, from the speaker's in-room behavior at the top of the midrange. I found I could reduce the audibility of the coloration by opening the drapes that JM had to the left speaker's sides, which had been closed for the measuring and my initial auditioning. This suggests that the Duettes should be used well away from the sidewalls. Overall, however, the Wilson Audio Duettes produced a sound that allowed all the music I listened to during my visit to communicate very effectively.—John Atkinson

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-duette-loudspeaker-measurements

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

29 minutes ago, mecani said:

Hello
Anyone have any experience with the wilson duette 1?
You have a partner with a Restek factor and you have a pretty serious problem with high frequencies
"Let's scream" to the point that after five minutes of listening you have to leave it, I heard rotaflex with a more pleasant sound

The point is that these boxes have an external filter with which you can play depending on the placement of the boxes, and I think that there is the problem
I get the impression that it is not connected correctly, if someone has a connection scheme or some information will be welcome
a greeting

I’m not totally sure what you’re asking. 

I just spent three days at a residence that had three pairs of Duettes. It was the first time I spent more than a few minutes with the speakers. I really enjoyed them. 

The speakers ship with the ability to change the adjust the tweeter by + or - 1 dB. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png