IGNORED

New dCS Bartok Upsampling Network DAC

Hi,
I'm a new Bartok owner (few days only).
I was wondering how experienced Bartok owners use the power button. Do you use the sleep mode all the time when not listening to music (To set the unit to sleep mode, press the Power button once).

you use the switch off procedure (Hold down the Power button for about 5 seconds until SWITCHING OFF appears on the display, then release it.)
Is there an advantage in SQ to keep the Bartok always in sleep mode (the unit remain close to running temperature) or the Switch off procedure is enough to keep the circuits always ready for listening anytime with no loss in SQ since the unit was not at running temperature?
Thanks.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 992Sam said:

I too would be interested in this...  PS Audio told me (when I tried their DAC out for a while) that it sounds better warmed up, and the owners manual actually says 3 hour prior to use is optimal...  I also did a 2 week burin on it, running it nearly 24/7...  I think it did sound better over time.

I'm also taking delivery of a dCS sometime by the end of this month and curious what dCS recommends?  Did you try to call them or did you get an answer to your question elsewhere? 

Yes, this is the answer I got from dCS regarding this topic: If your unit sees frequent use (daily) then it’s worth leaving it powered on all the time or using the standby function. That way you’ll always be getting the best and most consistent audio performance. If it’s only used periodically (weekends) then it’s worth powering it down completely during periods of non-use, but being sure to power it back on well in advance (many hours) of any critical listening.