IGNORED

Digital Front End

• 2 months later...

I plugged my new HD570 into my PlayStation 3 and was surprised to see just how capable the PS3 is for my audiophile needs. SACDs played at 176.4, my Zappa Halloween DVD-A played at 96 and Medeski, Martin & Wood's "Unvinvisible" at 48. What seemed to make the most difference was the jump from 16 bits to 24. MMW went from nice to remarkable when played at 24 bits. My PS3 may hopefully be a permanent replacement for my NAD SACD player since the HD570 has been introduced (although I have my doubts about the NAD's market value now). Looking forward to a blu-ray audio experience as soon as I can find an disc that interests me with some 192 content.

I have the HD570 set to 2 channel and in order to get the higher resolutions, I have to play the DVD-A discs in DTS5.1 mode so I'm assuming there is some mix down process happening. Does anyone know if this results in any loss of content?

that the PS outputs SACD at 24/176.4. It is likley that the onboard clock is not all that great though. You might consider getting a modder to add a better clock to the PS to get the best out of your SACDs.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio