IGNORED

Which Software?????

jb5200

Hey Guys,

I am using a Hiface(USB to Coax) with Media Monkey KS and struggle with it a little as it always slows WAAAAAAAY down or has fuzziness right at the start of some tracks. After closing it and reopening it seems to fix the problem but nonetheless is sort of a nuisance always having to start/stop/start/stop, etc.

I'm wondering if there are any other free software programs that you would recommend for me to use with my Hiface?

I have read a lot of the posts about the programs out there and it seems the best are the ones that cost a little extra. I am not against paying for those but I want to make sure I exhaust all of my efforts first.

I have tried Foobar - didn't really get a chance to use it - not user friendly. I have also tried the free version of JRMC and to me the sound was not very clean at all.

Any suggestions would be awesome!!

Thanks,

Jeff

What output mode in JRiver are you using? There are a lot of other settings in those options that affect the sound quality. But it also has better buffering and track change controls than any MP I've used. I would think you could adjust these to work for you, but I will defer to the other members for confirmation.

It takes a little work to setup, but have you tried installing the DarkOne v2.1 "skin" for Foobar 2000. Really takes Foobar from an also ran in the GUI stakes to a fully functional, pleasant to use music player (and this comes from a Mac / iTunes fan).

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.