IGNORED

DVD-A Great Sounding Recommendations

Are you looking for great 5.1 surround mixes or great stereo DVD-Audio mixes? My four top favorite surround mixes are all rock/pop/alternative (and not surprisingly all mixed by Elliot Scheiner), but I have PLENTY of recommendations in any genre.

Beck -Sea Change

Donald Fagen - Kamakiriad

Donald Fagen - The Nightly

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go

Here is the Quad forum's latest poll (includes SACD, too):

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QQHiRezPoll2004.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Without knowing what you've got already I can say that the Martins did a brilliant job with The Beatles "Love" on DVD-A. I'm typically a purist and don't care much for remixes but IMO what they did works and it's a fun listen.

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

• 2 months later...

Vincent,

Have you added to your DVD-A collection since the July post?

Another title I've read good things about, but haven't personnely heard is Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors".

How are you playing back the DVD-A tracks? Do you use your computer?

Kenreau

Synology NAS> Aurender W20> AQ Wel AES/XLR> Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wire> Vandersteen 5As.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently ripped all the Heads catalog in 24/96. I thought Remain In Light sounded particularly refreshed.

CD

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

I have a few DVDA's my favorites were:

Frank Sinatra at the Sands, I owned this in every format and the DVD-A is superb.

Rumours - top flight.

They both now languish on a shelf as they have now been assimilated onto a hard drive.

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

May I ask how you ripped the Head's stuff? I have Remain in Light (a long time fav), but am not sure about how to rip from Dual Disc? DVDA explorer on PC, or?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Yup, you got it. Although, only Naked was a DD; the rest were the 2-disc UK packages. FWIW, the Naked DD won't rip the CD-layer in my drive. IMO, DDs are for ripping only; they seem like crap to try and spin.

CD

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

• 1 month later...