IGNORED

PS Audio Bridge Beta Testing

any news on the bridge?

it's kind of becoming a mirage or fata morgana if you will.

hope it does come out and that it justifies all the hype.

best regards

André

LDMS Minix Server>Lampizator TRP w/ VC>Gryphon Diablo>Heil Kithara

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)

they have stated again and again that 'in the next few weeks' it would be released. Hope it's true this time, since this might be a way for me to go. That way I'd sell my SB Touch and Uther DAC.

thanks for answering

best regards

André

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)

Barrows,

I have been contacting Paul & Angie the last few months. I only didn't continue asking this month especifically because the other times the answer had always been the same. OTOH, if the Bridge is already a reality I will wait for the first user reviews and commentaries to see if it works as expected. Hope the new users start writing about their first impressions.

best regards

André

Catastrophe,

thanks for the update. That sounds very promising indeed. Is there any way to feed the Bridge through an ethernet network like the Squeezebox? That should give the best results, shouldn't it?

Catastrofe,

I think I wasn't able to make myself clear, but you still answered my question. I wanted to know if the PWD Bridge has an ethernet input and you stated that it has. I do not intend to use the SB to feed it, since that would defeat the whole purpose of the Bridge. If the bridge works better than the SB Touch (which it potentially should) I will sell the SB Touch and my current DAC and move to a PWD + Bridge.

Best regards

silverlight,

please post your impressions.

best regards

You're using the MH ULN-8 or ULN-2? Now I'm EVEN MORE interested in your findings!

OTOH, people do say that the usb-input on the PWD is the worst. Using fw on the MCP into a MH should be a hard thing to beat.

I'm using a SB Touch into a Uther, but could jump over to the PWD with bridge. Don't know if I'm ready to go por computer audio yet, since it still is less comfy than the SB or, possibly, the PWD+Bridge.

Best regards

André

silverlight,

you definitely got me interested. hope to hear from you soon... first impressions without break-in and then after about 100 hours, if possible. will you be able to run it 24/7?

BTW, what's twonky?

best regards

I have the Netgear router with USB input... the DGND 3300...

now I'm even more interested

silverlight,

is there a software inside the PWD which could work with the Netgear router?

best regards

thanks for the links and info

I just read it and still have a few questions. Here is my current situation:

I have a uPnP router, the Netgear 3300 which should be enough for this task, since I would use it wired to the Bridge.

What I don't get is how the files will be able to be played through the Bridge. The external HDD from Iomega that I have would have the information (music files), but how would they be able to be played without a computer? Does the router have the ability to do that?

Hope someone can help me out.

best regards

Eloise,

thanks for the swift answer.

Is the Netgear 3700 working without a computer or is it mostly the same thing that I have?

best regards

Andre

Can anyone tell me if the DNLA Server in the 3700 is more software (which would make me hope that future firmware updates might pop up for my DGND3300) or hardware related?

best regards

Eloise,

it doesn't show on the site, but there is one.

BTW, just submitted this question to Netgear support. Let's see just how fast and what they'll answer.

best regards

André

@ silverlight

thanks for your first impressions... hope hearing more from you soon

best regards

André