IGNORED

Antipodes CX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@adamaley I don't have my main speakers back yet and I've only tried on a backup pair of smaller bookshelves. So far I like the EX by itself better than the CX on its own. The EX is more musical by itself while the CX is quite fast and detailed/transparent. Both together, I get a bit of an improvement in terms of overall presentation sounding like it flows it bit better and is a touch more organic but I need to spend some more time with my main speakers. Just getting them back from a review, they just got reviewed here:

Esse Quadro L'Una 177 Review

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just a quick update as its pretty late but for my system - the CX+EX is a bit overkill and didn't any difference for me in terms of streaming sound quality (TIDAL lossless). When comparing local playback of EX vs CX+EX (both with P2 board), there is a small improvement but its so minor that you have to listen super carefully to catch it (at least in my system). As described above, its already very musical with the EX and the CX added as a server and EX as renderer, it slightly improves on the flow of the music - unfortunately not enough to warrant spending the additional big expense of another server. Will be returning it to my dealer in the next few days.

Test Setup:

CX+EX+P2 (Antipodes)

Kinki Studio Vision DAC1

Burson Audio Timekeeper Virtuoso (2x amps in bridged mode)

Esse Quadro L'Una 177 Speakers

Cables:

Interconnects & Speaker Cables by: Albedo Silver

Power Cables by: Acoustic Revive

Digital Cable (USB): Hemingway Audio (Coax/SPDIF): Inakustik Referenz Digital

On 2/13/2020 at 4:43 AM, audioking87 said:

Hi guys,

Just a quick update as its pretty late but for my system - the CX+EX is a bit overkill and didn't any difference for me in terms of streaming sound quality (TIDAL lossless). When comparing local playback of EX vs CX+EX (both with P2 board), there is a small improvement but its so minor that you have to listen super carefully to catch it (at least in my system). As described above, its already very musical with the EX and the CX added as a server and EX as renderer, it slightly improves on the flow of the music - unfortunately not enough to warrant spending the additional big expense of another server. Will be returning it to my dealer in the next few days.

Test Setup:

CX+EX+P2 (Antipodes)

Kinki Studio Vision DAC1

Burson Audio Timekeeper Virtuoso (2x amps in bridged mode)

Esse Quadro L'Una 177 Speakers

Cables:

Interconnects & Speaker Cables by: Albedo Silver

Power Cables by: Acoustic Revive

Digital Cable (USB): Hemingway Audio (Coax/SPDIF): Inakustik Referenz Digital

Surprised with your findings as i had a big difference adding the CX to the EX.

Did you disable all unused apps on both CX and EX?

17 hours ago, Nay said:

Yes,

I believe it's just my setup that already has a good quality network signal with minimal noise. I have an audiophile switch before the servers and a pink faun lan isolator before that switch coming from the router. 

On 2/17/2020 at 4:10 PM, audioking87 said:

Yes,

I believe it's just my setup that already has a good quality network signal with minimal noise. I have an audiophile switch before the servers and a pink faun lan isolator before that switch coming from the router. 

Hi,

The CX-EX when connected together are electrically isolated from noisy routers and switches as it only handles the audio data giving the cleanest single possible, there is no need for any expensive audiophile switches and isolators.

1 hour ago, Nay said:

Hi,

The CX-EX when connected together are electrically isolated from noisy routers and switches as it only handles the audio data giving the cleanest single possible, there is no need for any expensive audiophile switches and isolators.

Interesting, I'll try without the switch/isolator but with those it's cheaper to have just the ex so still in my case probably too expensive for the CX for what it did in the setup.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

New to the antipodes family and just set up the ex last few days with no regret on the invested $ from obvious improvement in sound quality over the usd300 allo usb bridge signature and usd1k Nuprime Omnia S1 ... rightfullly so for the $ involved but still worthwhile to me as I had wanted to upgrade digital playback to rival my analog set up.

Expecting the cx in next 2 weeks and it was precisely for local playback that I bought into Antipodes solution while having the synology nas with 2x10tb hdd for backup only ... read with almost anguish of all the upstream mega $ switches, ethernets cables, psu, isolator, associated ac/dc powercords etc. that also takes up valuable rack space and aesthetically complex .. excluding optical coupling and external ocxo clocking solutions :(

Exciting time for me ....

Cheers.

Richard

PS: MPDroid player

https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players

Screenshot_20200710-171544_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-171611_Chrome.jpg

20200710_172417.jpg

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/17/2020 at 6:27 AM, Nay said:

Hi Nay,

Ymmv but adding the CX to EX has been a great experience even just for 2 weeks.  

Many adjectives said on sound quality improvement but I will describe it as getting often superior night listening to daytime and night listening just becomes immensely enjoyable .. more of everything !

Looking forward to sending my EX and CX back to its birthplace when OLADRA upgrade for EX and CX owners is made available but meanwhile, time to listen to more music with no more urge for any audiophile switch, expensive ethernet cables, upsampling etc. afterall to keep $ for OLADRA, simple and manageable even for family members* with free android Squeezer app to operate.

Thank you Antipodes and Tony for his teamviewer sessions .. on my hifi journey 

Cheers.

Richard

*PS: thanks to the cool but mighty Sander Magtech amp, my system is power 24/7 ..  so are the Antipodes EX and CX of course

1601808194090719843157138546046.jpg.074592e0c278381e28e5827b0f86af6f.jpg

16018082282505552685516252214335.thumb.jpg.d8d7d33e85ad8050d75c36a60c261df8.jpg

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, richard_crl032 said:

Looking forward to sending my EX and CX back to its birthplace when OLADRA upgrade for EX and CX owners

I just started contemplating a move to Antipodes and potentially a CX/EX combo.  Can you direct me to any details on this upgrade?  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

5 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

I just started contemplating a move to Antipodes and potentially a CX/EX combo.  Can you direct me to any details on this upgrade?  

Hi Kenny,

I can only say that the same from my dealer in New Zealand was also received as per audiogon seller's remark .. hope by mid 2021.

Cheers.

Richard

Screenshot_20201221-153109_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Kenny,

I can only say that the same from my dealer in New Zealand was also received as per audiogon seller's remark .. hope by mid 2021.

Cheers.

Richard

Richard - thank you very much for your reply.  Earlier I sent them a mail asking about this upgrade and about how the CX/EX will compare to the K30 both before and after the upgrade.  I'll report back what they say.

Have you been happy with your Antipodes products and how well the company has supported you?  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 1 month later...
On 21/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, kennyb123 said:

Richard - thank you very much for your reply.  Earlier I sent them a mail asking about this upgrade and about how the CX/EX will compare to the K30 both before and after the upgrade.  I'll report back what they say.

Have you been happy with your Antipodes products and how well the company has supported you?  

Need to ensure budget for Apr 2021 scheduled on oladra upgrade for ex and cx 🥳🥳

On 1/31/2021 at 12:47 AM, richard_crl032 said:

Need to ensure budget for Apr 2021 scheduled on oladra upgrade for ex and cx 🥳🥳

Nice to hear that you have a confirmed date for that upgrade.  I should be getting my first taste of OLADRA later today as my K30 is out for delivery. 🥳

8 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

Nice to hear that you have a confirmed date for that upgrade.  I should be getting my first taste of OLADRA later today as my K30 is out for delivery. 🥳

Indeed .. not going to chase the latest and glad Antipodes takes care of their customers with advances made especially with previous flagship products. 

Need also to pay attention to other equipment and recent case is the uptone etherRegen that made a big improvement for whatever issues I had to my system that Antipodes cx as server could/did not resolve.

Cheers.

• 7 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 5:09 AM, kennyb123 said:

Hi Kenny,

Just received my upgraded cx and ex with AMS 3.1 running fine  ... with blue leds of course and extended 2 yrs warranty 🥳

Cheers.

Richard

20210904_041641.jpg