IGNORED

autologon via Remote Desktop stopped working - WS2016 core

jaynyc

Hi.  Classic tech support.  All of a sudden, Autologon via Remote Desktop stopped working.  I now keep getting prompted with the attached prompt/screen every time I start my WS2016 Core server with AO and connect via Remote Desktop.

I have since tried using service_tool.exe to (again) set option (F) Autologon.  Didn't work.  I even tried setting it to Disabled, rebooting, setting to Enabled, rebooting, but still I get the prompt.

I then even tried SysInternal's Autologon.exe.  Doesn't matter, it seems nothing I do will restore Remote Desktop logon without password.

Out of ideas, I turn to this forum.   Any suggestions?

login_screen.png

Hi

Then either the password or the user you entered during enabling AutoLogon via ServiceTool is wrong. Maybe wrong keyboard set or something like this?

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

On 8/6/2018 at 10:45 AM, AudioPhil said:

Hi

Then either the password or the user you entered during enabling AutoLogon via ServiceTool is wrong. Maybe wrong keyboard set or something like this?

Best,

AudioPhil

hi.  just edited/corrected my original post.  If I boot up with a monitor and keyboard attached, AutoLogon works fine.  No issues, the server loads right into Foobar, all good.  But, if I connect via Remote Desktop, that's where I am getting prompted for login.

How do I eliminate the login prompt for Remote Desktop?