IGNORED

Help CA Find New Speakers

28 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'll just buy them from the Amish website :~)

Yes, you see it is a bit tricky.  How it works: 

1. Have child.

2. Wait until the child is old enough to experience Rumspringa.

3. Have the child setup the website during Rumspringa.

4. Wild child processes orders.

5. If child decides to return to the fold, child notifies customers of potential serious delays in shipment.

6. Wait for next child to Rumspringa.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I used to have a site bookmarked that sold tons of wood stuff for HiFi. The guy hand made it all with a beautiful selection of woods. 

Do you know any others that sell this stuff? I can't find my old bookmark :~(

Not beautiful and not cheap, but waaaaayyyy better than wood for audio: http://www.symposiumusa.com/main.shtml

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

On 10/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ah, thanks for letting me know:~)

"I no longer love the speakers. They are fantastic."

Kind of a strange statement for a guy trying to sell these speakers.   LOL

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

@The Computer Audiophile, If you are considering some wood type of amp stand, I may be able to help you.  On the side I work for a friend's wood shop when needed.  It's essentially a glueing shop, creating panels for kitchens and flooring for staircases.  Just a one man operation with occasional help from yours truly.  He has done several butcher top tables for home use, restaurants and bars.  So creating or imitating something from some of the sites that have been mentioned is no problem.  If interested PM me.  As you know I'm local and his shop is in Little Canada by Dock 86.  BTW the prices on the Butcher Block Acoustics website are well priced.  

Oh yeah, if your looking for cable risers we have those too, we call it firewood and burn barrels of it every week.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The 90s called and asked for its website back ?

8A8F953E-2D7E-499C-8CF4-2D807D726C12.png

LOL! Web design is not their forte? 

I had a local welding company construct speaker stands for me out of 5/32" steel plate and schedule 80 steel pipe. I filled the pipe with sand and lead shot and glued speaker damping sheets to the plate. I put marble slabs under the speakers. They sounded like ass, the steel was ringing like crazy. I put Svelte Symposium shelves under the marble and the sound was transformed, the steely sound totally gone. 

We recently redid the media room and I lost the ugly speaker stands as a WAF concession. I have the speakers mounted on large, heavy wooden chests. The chests are made of hardwood and steel, mounted on casters, speakers on marble slabs. They're really a lot nicer looking than the description.   ? Of course I could hear the wood resonating in the speaker sound. I removed the marble and put Svelte Symposium shelves under the speakers. Again, a complete transformation. My audiophile buddies were amazed. One bought a pair for himself. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

20 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The 90s called and asked for its website back ?

8A8F953E-2D7E-499C-8CF4-2D807D726C12.png

I like old websites as I can find what I want within 15 seconds.  If I cannot find what I want I go away and do not come back.  The new website design preference with overly large scrolling panels is horrific.  Particularly ones that do not put drop down menus at the top.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

On 10/19/2018 at 8:30 PM, Superdad said:

Sheesh Sal. That is not what he wrote.  Your selective cutting of the sentence completely changed the meaning. ¬¬

Chris wrote:

"I’m selling because it’s time for me to try something different, not because I no longer love the speakers. They are fantastic."

Ah, no, that's not exactly true but post has now been removed so I won't debate.

In any case Chris know's it was only a fun poke at his thought-typing error, not anything malicious.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

• 4 months later...

The Cygnus make the others look like ugly ducklings. 😉

Chris, were you able to hear all of these in shops? Did you listen to others that didn't make the cut?

Sorry, I'm living vicariously through you. I'll likely never hear any of these, let alone own a pair.

27 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

The Cygnus make the others look like ugly ducklings. 😉

Chris, were you able to hear all of these in shops? Did you listen to others that didn't make the cut?

Sorry, I'm living vicariously through you. I'll likely never hear any of these, let alone own a pair.

I don't disagree. The Cygnus craftsmanship is incredible as well. 

I've heard them all but will spend considerable time with some Rockport speakers in the coming weeks, in a controlled environment. 

If I could sell my TADs I'd likely have a tough decision to make. Ah, first world problems. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png