The Computer Audiophile

Help CA Find New Speakers

Rate this topic

next, we need a pic of the binding posts (and nothing else)

then, just a close-up of the grill cloth

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

Ahh yes.  Nice choice Chris, I suspect you will be very very happy with those speakers!  

ROON: DSD 256-Signature Rendu optical--Buffalo PRO (ESS 9038) or DSC-2--Ncore 400 Stereo-Focus Audio FS888-JL E-112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, Cardas Clear AC, XLR, & speaker cables-Synergistic Blue & Hi Fi Tuning Supreme Cu Fuses, Dark Matter system clarifiers.    Design/Build Consultant with Sonore

SONORE computer audio

Sweet speakers there Chris, even if they may have a little Dalek DNA in them. 😁

Bet you have some great review items lined up for when you get them all settled and broken in! 

Yours,

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

26 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Sweet speakers there Chris, even if they may have a little Dalek DNA in them. 😁

Bet you have some great review items lined up for when you get them all settled and broken in! 

Yours,

-Paul 

Thanks Paul - I'm dying to get going on the components I have here awaiting review!

Founder of Audiophile Style and Superphonica

Great choice and at least they don't cost as much as a house ( a down payment maybe :) ). What color did you go for (piano black for me)? If I ever decide to replace my B&W 802s, these would be on my short list. I sure hope that they work well for you in your new listening/working space with all the treatments now in place. Looking forward to your second article.  Congrats!!

23 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Pur Sang Rouge. It’s a beautiful red. 

Very elegant.  Congratulations, Chris!  Get that color formula to your interior decorator immediately.

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I think there is still work to do here. 

Summoning a God of The Great North to plant a monument that makes your extremities tingle more than being in the presence of a pet that voids bigger than the hole you want to crawl into.

thors-hammer.jpg

"...the perfect addition to Alexx or Alexxias either configured as a single mono unit, or as a two channel stereo pair."

On 7/14/2019 at 9:55 PM, rando said:

I think there is still work to do here. 

Summoning a God of The Great North to plant a monument that makes your extremities tingle more than being in the presence of a pet that voids bigger than the hole you want to crawl into.

thors-hammer.jpg

"...the perfect addition to Alexx or Alexxias either configured as a single mono unit, or as a two channel stereo pair."

Hard to imagine anyone could go wrong with Thors Hammer! In any context. 

JC

I have to give it to DAW.  When it came to subwoofers he went for it.  Thor's Hammer is almost half the size of previous efforts.  

Just for a review would be grin inducing considering Alexia already in that room.  Aapproaching half a foot taller and weighing again as much as the pair!  It would be a stout reply to anyone already having reservations.

How wide are the exposed "Iron Wood" beams in his ceiling I wonder?  😮😯😲

(Of course this song instantly started playing in my head)

Chris, it would seem we are due for you to at least provide your early thoughts on the performance of the new speakers. Unless you plan to save that commentary for an "official" full review later? 

JC