IGNORED

Help CA Find New Speakers

Ahh yes.  Nice choice Chris, I suspect you will be very very happy with those speakers!  

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

26 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Sweet speakers there Chris, even if they may have a little Dalek DNA in them. 😁

Bet you have some great review items lined up for when you get them all settled and broken in! 

Yours,

-Paul 

Thanks Paul - I'm dying to get going on the components I have here awaiting review!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Great choice and at least they don't cost as much as a house ( a down payment maybe :) ). What color did you go for (piano black for me)? If I ever decide to replace my B&W 802s, these would be on my short list. I sure hope that they work well for you in your new listening/working space with all the treatments now in place. Looking forward to your second article.  Congrats!!

23 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Pur Sang Rouge. It’s a beautiful red. 

Very elegant.  Congratulations, Chris!  Get that color formula to your interior decorator immediately.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I think there is still work to do here. 

Summoning a God of The Great North to plant a monument that makes your extremities tingle more than being in the presence of a pet that voids bigger than the hole you want to crawl into.

thors-hammer.jpg

"...the perfect addition to Alexx or Alexxias either configured as a single mono unit, or as a two channel stereo pair."

On 7/14/2019 at 9:55 PM, rando said:

I think there is still work to do here. 

Summoning a God of The Great North to plant a monument that makes your extremities tingle more than being in the presence of a pet that voids bigger than the hole you want to crawl into.

thors-hammer.jpg

"...the perfect addition to Alexx or Alexxias either configured as a single mono unit, or as a two channel stereo pair."

Hard to imagine anyone could go wrong with Thors Hammer! In any context. 

JC

I have to give it to DAW.  When it came to subwoofers he went for it.  Thor's Hammer is almost half the size of previous efforts.  

Just for a review would be grin inducing considering Alexia already in that room.  Aapproaching half a foot taller and weighing again as much as the pair!  It would be a stout reply to anyone already having reservations.