The Computer Audiophile

Help CA Find New Speakers

Rate this topic

Chris

Based on the size and shape of you room the Alta Audio Celeste FRM might be a speaker worth looking into.

http://alta-audio.com/collection/frm-2/

If your not familiar with them or haven't heard them before, Frank Van Alstine just got a pair into his shop in the last few weeks and I'm sure he would be glad for you to  stop by and hear them. 

Wondered if you have any interest in exploring the state of your decision making process. 

Lift a few veils, artfully direct a fan stream to raise one edge of the shapeless covering anticipating a grand reveal, remove one or two layers us Minnesotan's are famous for requiring, riddle us with lies and innuendo, accidentally insert tantalizingly leading yet unrelated confidential documents displayed in a personal photo on the Summer intern's social media account du jour, induce a panicked frenzy to secure one of a select list of choices before they are terminally sold out, bring the devout to their knees with heads bowed so you might be inspired to deliver a message ungirdled by the pendulum of pockets that are laboriously laden, go into some off the cuff free association on varied minutiae circling your conscious?

On 5/31/2019 at 4:33 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Hold on, let me go find the absolute biggest and least user friendly speakers that have zero chance of fitting in Chris's listening space...

Edit: Here we go...

https://pbnaudio.com/master-reference-iii/

but they are so light they float

he could also use them while ice fishing...

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

True.  But I meant he could use them in summer AND winter.  An All Weather Speaker!!

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Lash them together, get a waterproof container for your electronics and listen to music while fishing?  I got it, not a bad idea!

Well, maybe they would serve as a good transducer and fish finder. Wonder how Pearl Jam works as fish sonar? 🤪✌️

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Good timing! I actually wired money to the manufacturer yesterday! I should receive the speakers between July 1 - July 5.

More information to follow. 

I'll be camping out down the block with a mega zoom lens you guys!

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius