IGNORED

Help CA Find New Speakers

On 8/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm so tempted by Sound Lab but I just don't think I can make them work. Same with the new Maggie 30.7.

Clearly with speakers the caliber you are considering a home audition is in order so yiu could hear for yourself whether they would work or not. I’ve head the 20.7’s in some tight rooms sound superb. 

David

17 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

dunno how you feel about the esthetics but here is a rather small room used by an electronics factory near you for testing...

why not make an 'official' visit to Audio Research??

you can talk about DACs and then ask about Maggies (IIRC, they also test on Sonus Fabers)

Magnepan 20.7 speakers in Warren Gehl's listening test room at the ARC factory_9.jpg

Also call Wendell at Magnepan and set up a visit. Super nice folks there. 

David

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 11:10 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

The last week has been crazy to say the least. I flew out to NYC twice (unplanned both times) to help an audio dealer at an install. Another guy setup a terrible network that couldn’t even stream audio and caused the dealer’s network based audio products to fail all testing. Yesterday i had the network running 5 streams of 4K video over the internet and 3 streams of 24/192 audio simultaneously without breaking a sweat. Flew home this afternoon. 

On 8/21/2018 at 11:10 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

It may have been mildly surprising five years ago but for a high end dealer not to have a great network and a solid understanding of networked A/V today is inexcusable.  

David

Don’t think I’ve seen any Vienna Acoustic recommendations so here you go..

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/vienna-acoustics-the-music-floorstanding-loudspeaker/

Way more than a pretty face (but they are DEFINATELY that too) I’ve heard these on multiple occasions and fallen in love time after time. The impact can be stunning and I’m not talking bombastic fireworks but the projection of voice and instruments.  A bargain.  

David