IGNORED

Help CA Find New Speakers

beats-studio3-wireless-review-side.jpg  Commission re-envisioned high end audio travelling solution??

Procure the services of a budding architect to create a fresh start for the nerve center of your businesses.  You yourself, Mr. Chris Connaker impresario, are the new speaker.  As such you need a static set for commercial recording across multiple mediums as well as office space that doesn't intrude on your dedicated listening room.

Honestly, @Sal1950, and @Ralf11 before him, really took the punch out of my next suggestion.  Well done sirs.  Shove that Midwest flavor down like this year's exciting new food invention at the state fair.

In stark contrast to that last idea.  Forgoing companies that all shop at the same places and make up the difference with a facade seems to be your prime directive.  Tie that in with exhibiting... some vision and taste.  In that I wish you Godspeed.

[Page break >> going back to quote the message you were responding to = ?

@Superdad Ah, one of those budding architects I referred to.  At least you stopped short of suggesting he burrow down through the foundation.  Wonder how cool and stable the temps are another 10' down well below the frost line?

4 hours ago, esldude said:

Would you have applied this idea to the first 15 years of DACs when the improvements were rapid?  I would hope not. 

There is a local illustration I'd like to use here.  

Two bulls are standing on a hill looking down at a field of heiffers.  A young male entertaining the situation for the first time in life gathers what they are up to.  Runs over towards them making a show of bucking and thrusting.  Shouts at them how fully he is going to make off with that saucer eyed one on the leading edge of the field paying him attention.  Without missing a beat the first bull replied, "Why run down the hill and take one when you can walk down and have them all?"

3 hours ago, esldude said:

That probably wasn't nearly the comeback remark you think it was.  It actually could sound like you agree with me. ?

No hard feelings about it either way.  I just don't think you can future proof such situations.  You'll have to decide when to jump in and start taking part somewhere.  Waiting till it all settles down might take a generation.  

Unremarkably you weren't cowed because it was agreeing with you in part.  What, with all the brigading against the old guard and all.  Which side of the line we stand on is pretty clear here.  ?

Ask yourself in practical earthy terms what reason the farmer has for pasturing his bulls away from the heiffers.  It should shape up to good business sense using selective breeding to maintain his line.  Why on earth would he then replace a blue ribbon winning showcase he trots out at every chance with a new and unproven breed?  This is not the same thing as also playing in a wider field knowing you can easily cull the runts.  There is a professionals steady hand in both that their reputation is built upon.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I know you didnt ask, but i feel like I’ve missed a week of my life and CA with my head buried in a laptop. 

I’ve narrowed down my speaker options to a handful of items. This thread really got me thinking about two systems. One that’s traditional and one that takes advantage of computer audio to the max (per prof. @wgscott‘s comments). 

I hope to have more to reveal soon. 

P.S. I’m moving my listening room to another part of the house as well. Much to discuss very soon. 

Not even going to ask why this required two separate and unexpected rush departures.  At least the food is good in NY so you didn't completely lose a week off your life.

Having no idea what lies in your review queue or likely to be preempted workload.  How viable is this two system idea?  Forgive me if I envision doubling any commitment involved hereabouts.   

After suggesting Chris create a sub-basement appeared to stir something.  I'm starting to get curious what this change is.  The ease with which he appears to have gained WAF is most mysterious of all.  Server updates are apparently happening on the East coast so it can't hardly be a dual purpose off site work facility. 

Did you buy an old bank building, @The Computer Audiophile?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wondered if you have any interest in exploring the state of your decision making process. 

Lift a few veils, artfully direct a fan stream to raise one edge of the shapeless covering anticipating a grand reveal, remove one or two layers us Minnesotan's are famous for requiring, riddle us with lies and innuendo, accidentally insert tantalizingly leading yet unrelated confidential documents displayed in a personal photo on the Summer intern's social media account du jour, induce a panicked frenzy to secure one of a select list of choices before they are terminally sold out, bring the devout to their knees with heads bowed so you might be inspired to deliver a message ungirdled by the pendulum of pockets that are laboriously laden, go into some off the cuff free association on varied minutiae circling your conscious?

Slightly off topic question fully cognizant that enjoyable sound was not possible excepting a very brief period between acoustic panels arriving and TAD departing.

In one of your related threads attention was directed towards isolating your listening room floor from bedroom below.  Have the steps you took during remodeling officially received WAF?  

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is still work to do here. 

Summoning a God of The Great North to plant a monument that makes your extremities tingle more than being in the presence of a pet that voids bigger than the hole you want to crawl into.

thors-hammer.jpg

"...the perfect addition to Alexx or Alexxias either configured as a single mono unit, or as a two channel stereo pair."

I have to give it to DAW.  When it came to subwoofers he went for it.  Thor's Hammer is almost half the size of previous efforts.  

Just for a review would be grin inducing considering Alexia already in that room.  Aapproaching half a foot taller and weighing again as much as the pair!  It would be a stout reply to anyone already having reservations.