IGNORED

Help CA Find New Speakers

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree, it's a tough act to follow but I'm digging the input from everyone. really cool. 

I expected several other manufacturer's names to come up, but they haven't. No worries from me, just something I noticed.

Yeah, Revel is really good. Kevin Voecks is a damn good designer. 

Just to clear up a common misconception, Kevin Voecks is not a speaker designer. He's the head of development.

This was made clear a couple years back in the Revel Speaker Owners thread on AVS when 2 speaker engineers were contributing to the thread. No snark or disdain but they stated straight up that Kevin is product manager and a great one but he does not engineer any speakers. No biggie. Kevin also chimes in frequently on the thread.

Good luck in your search Chris. Should be a blast!

Now if you want to let go of those beat-up high mileage TADs at say a 75% discount I'm your man. ;)

18 hours ago, Blake said:

Sorry, this is not true. 

Kevin's roles/title may have changed over the last couple of years to focus less on design, but he was absolutely part of the design team that designed the Salons mentioned in this thread and other Revel speakers (they use a "team approach" at Revel for design since they have so many resources).  

https://www.stereophile.com/interviews/608kev/index.html

https://www.stereophile.com/content/revel-salon-loudspeaker-visit-revel-factory

Kevin was Chief Engineer at Revel when the company was started:

https://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/89/index.html

Sorry, I don't normally respond to rebuttals of my posts but I don't want folks to think I pull sh!t out of thin air & post as fact.

Not trying to start anything and I'm certainly not bent out of shape. No point.

I searched the Revel thread on AVS and while I could not find that certain post by revelman, I did find this post by the thread starter responding to much the same post as Chris's. It is post #8023 in the thread if you care to look.

"Small point, Kevin Voecks is not an engineer. He is a product or technology manager.
From time to time we have had actual Harman engineers like xxxx xxxxx who were responsible for the design of Revel speakers contribute to this thread."

While the poster may have overstated it saying that Voecks is not an engineer. AFAIR, he worked for Snell Acoustics before joining Harman. It seems that Voecks was chief engineer at one time but was promoted. Those posts you cited are pretty old. Not hard to think he changed roles in 10 or 20 years.

I remember clearly reading that post because I was surprised by it. I'm guessing that he deleted the post after thinking better about it or was told to delete as Kevin Voecks posts on the thread often under AKV. I x'd out the man's real name.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:52 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not sure yet. Speakers aren’t really in my wheelhouse like DACs and digital, so I want to make sure I can offer this community something of value for their time spent reading. 

Crickey Chris, I looked at your listing for the TADs. I didn't realize that they were quite that expensive.

You can get a new pair of Salon2s straight across if you get your asking price for the TADs.

Maybe I need to take a ride on Space X & check out speakers in the ionosphere ?

• 2 weeks later...