IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

My HDPLEX 200w which I have not used in about 1.5 years seems to be having and issue and I wanted to see if any of you have seen this.  I took it out from bedroom storage yesterday, and wanted to set the adjustable 5-19.5V socket but found that no matter what screw setting I made, the DC voltage is anywhere from 0 to 0.6 v.  The 19v socket is 0.6v but the DC5v and DC12v seem to be fine.  Does this sound like it will need to be sent back for repair?    I have already sent Larry a email but yet to hear back from him.  

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

2 hours ago, No Disc said:

Does this sound like it will need to be sent back for repair?

This also happened to mine. It is the potentiometer that is used to change the voltage that is bad. This will affect 19V and the adjustable 19V. 

It is not that hard to find the right potentiometer and solder of the cable and put a the new one in.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
4 hours ago, octaviars said:

This also happened to mine. It is the potentiometer that is used to change the voltage that is bad. This will affect 19V and the adjustable 19V. 

It is not that hard to find the right potentiometer and solder of the cable and put a the new one in.

Thank you.  I will look into that.

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

Larry is going to send me the part and I will get the potentiometer replaced.  Larry could not promise this will resolve the issue, but it's worth a shot.  

6 hours ago, henke said:

You know ”Larry” is fony right? He is not real

You mean that that is not his real name?  From what I know they are a Chinese company operating in mainland China. So “ Larry” is just an assumed name. 

Larry is great! Looking forward to delivery of the new 300W PSU! :D

Headphone: JCAT Femto USB 2.0 FW -> Mytek Liberty DAC -> Hifiman Jade II energizer with SR Orange Fuse -> Hifiman Jade II (nov '19)

HT/Streaming:Xeon ROON server -> Uptone Etherregen/BG7TBL 10MHz OCXO -> Meridian 210/ATV4K -> Meridian 861V8 Processor/UHD722 HDMI upsampler -> Meridian DSP 8000SE/7200SE/5200SE Speakers. Sim2 HT380 1080P Projector with T2 Optics. XEIT Anamorphic lens. Stewart CineCurve Studiotek 130 Screen.

On 9/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, henke said:

This is nonsense. While Larry may be an anglicized version of his Chinese name, I regularly receive packages from Larry with his last name and address in California clearly printed on the label.

Regardless, his service is terrific and he offers some of the highest value products available.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

On 9/25/2020 at 11:01 PM, henke said:

I think you should clarify this ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

OK !

As long as it is about the name. 🙂

Btw, if I am informed well, alle Chinese people communicating with the "western" world, also adopt a for us readable name. So undoubtedly Larry is not named so in his country of birth. But we can't do much with something we can't even read. Example :

image.png.7aee8f37017e10d960b77953b1e28156.png

Don't ask me what it says, but the girl signs with Lucy.

haha

PS: Many Chinese "contacts" are with women names. Now that I don't trust (I expect them about all to be men).

Thank you Henke.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)