IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

7 hours ago, Vule said:

Very interesting review.

I ordered one for my Nucleus + (19V), router (12V) and switch (5V).

Hope I haven't mistaken.

Sounds like a good use. The thing I like about the HDPLEX products is that for a reasonable cost you can dispense with up to 4 wallwarts/SMPS bricks,

replace with a DC PS that will make most connected products sound better. The only thing I don't like about it is that the cables come without labels,

its all too easy during equipment shuffles to reconnect the wrong voltage cable to a component. On my  "to do" list to get some labels to put at the

component plug in ends.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I find that DC wallwarts and SMPS's are like Star Trek tribbles in my system. They multiply. I used an HDPLex 100W to make life simpler and now that its died,

the HDPlex 200W will perpetuate allowing me to always have better options than the "comes with" PS.  Having dabbled with different PS's over the past year,

I consider their contribution underappreciated, much as audiophile turntables were misunderstood/ridiculed during the heyday of vinyl.

Audio system updated to reflect current configuration/ PS's in use

Unfortunately the HDPlex 12V feeding the LPS 1.2 power input just died, looks like a warranty field trip is pending.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

I find that DC wallwarts and SMPS's are like Star Trek tribbles in my system. They multiply. I used an HDPLex 100W to make life simpler and now that its died,

the HDPlex 200W will perpetuate allowing me to always have better options than the "comes with" PS.  Having dabbled with different PS's over the past year,

I consider their contribution underappreciated, much as audiophile turntables were misunderstood/ridiculed during the heyday of vinyl.

Unfortunately the HDPlex 12V feeding the LPS 1.2 power input just died, looks like a warranty field trip is pending.

Sorry to hear this. Is this the latest HDPlex 200W ? Did u talk to Larry about it? My latest HDPlex 200W upgrade works fine but I never used the 12V, only 19V and the 2 5 V

2 hours ago, davide256 said:

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the 12 volt tap. Good luck with that!

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

2 hours ago, jcn3 said:

Thanks for the link.

I am concerned with the internal power cabling upgrade:

1. DC input about 5-10cm
2. 24pin ATX about 20-30cm
3. CPU EPS approx. 40-50cm

36239617mu.png

Are there alternatives for that?

4 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

Thanks for the link.

1. DC input about 5-10cm

36239617mu.png

This thread is for the 200w version. If you're asking about the 400w version,  this isn't the right thread.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
27 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

Thanks for the link.

1. DC input about 5-10cm

36239617mu.png

‘Email him directly. His email address is in the website at the bottom. He is pretty good at responding and identifying correct cable

27 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

This thread is for the 200w version. If you're asking about the 400w version,  this isn't the right thread.

HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX:
"Low Ripple Noise / Perfect match for HDPLEX 200W Linear PSU"

Originally Posted by HDPLEX. 😉

The two devices together are a really good recommendation and so I use it as well.👍

34 minutes ago, thyname said:

‘Email him directly. His email address is in the website at the bottom. He is pretty good at responding and identifying correct cable

Thank you for the nice tip. I have sent an e-mail. I'm curious.😊

200W.linear.PSU.Guide.pdf

I have the older HDPLEX 200 Watt lps and I find the pdf guide is a little misleading see attachment.

It says the 19 volt default rail can be adjusted from 15v-19v by adjusting the screw the same way as you adjust the 9 volt default rail from 5v-19.5v however the 19 volt rail does not change voltage when screw is turned.

Can someone please confirm that the 19 volt rail can not be adjusted?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

I have described my problem to Ghent (email: [email protected]). We quickly reached a deal.

HDPLEX 200W Linear Power Supply
On the left are the old cables, on the right the new ones:
2 x DC42 (B) --- XLR (female) to DC (7x5.0) Canare 4S6 cable (JSSG360) => 5V / 2A will go to JCAT USB / NET FEMTO cards
1 x XLR (Female) to Oyaide DC-2. 1G Neotech 7N 16AWG copper => 19V / 10A power supply for my AudioPC

spacer.png

HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX
The old cables have been replaced by much higher quality:
A. DC input --- 7. 4.5. 0 Female to Molex-6P with Neotech 7N 18awg wire
B. 24P-24P ATX --- Neotech 7N 18awg wires with Black sleeve
C. 8P-8P CPU EPS --- Neotech 7N 18awg wires with Black sleeve

spacer.png

Very good quality. Everything works.

Very cool. Can you show us how you get the power into the case?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

7 hours ago, lmitche said:

Can you show us how you get the power into the case?

I am not sure that I have understood your question correctly. Maybe more pictures will help. 😉

36388118sl.jpeg

36388119oe.jpeg

SF, I'm going to need to make some cables for this ps.  Can you tell me the wire/pin assignment on the XLR connectors please?

Thanks

Chris

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

14 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

SF, ich werde ein paar Kabel für diese PS machen müssen. Können Sie mir bitte die Kabel- / Pinbelegung der XLR-Anschlüsse mitteilen?

Vielen Dank

Chris

Looking the Rearside: Ground PIN1, Positive PIN 2, No Connected PIN3 😉

36392063uu.jpg

Outstanding SF and Elan!  Thanks guys.  I totally missed that on their webpage ;)

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

• 2 weeks later...