IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

I just got this email from HDPLEX.

We have opened the pre-order and will start shipping on April 25th for Asia, AU, and Canada customers from Shenzhen,China.  April 26th for USA customers from Los Angeles, April 30th for Europe customers from Germany warehouse. 

This new batch has the following improvements: 

1: New internal heatsink for high current 19V and 12V rectifier to prevent potential overheat during overcurrent situation. 

2: New line of ELNA Capacitor and Würth Elektronik inductor. 

3: Gold Plated IEC Input and Internal Power LED indictor 

4: Front Handle for the faceplate is now removable 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Placed my order a few days ago via their website for their new 200 watts HDplex.

Not sure about delivery and I am hoping perhaps 4 to 8 weeks?

I am listening to the 2016 model 100 watts feeding a TP-Link MC100 ethernet isolator, so far I prefer the music from the HDplex compared to a few others.

Will post my opinion about the sonics.

Just got my unit today.  I ordered in January and have been assured by Larry that it includes all the updates that have been previously discussed.  I already have the 400W ATX that I use to power my server.  This 200w unit will power my end point, wireless bridge, switch, and 2 LPS1.2.  I'll report back later tonight with my initial impressions.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

2 hours ago, frederick184 said:

12v to the CPU connector on my motherboard

Where did you get a 3-pin XLR to 8-pin molex cable for this connection?  What CPU are you running on the Asus motherboard?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

46 minutes ago, mozes said:

You can get it from Ghent

https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc-pc02.html

Thanks, I just wondered if there was another source that Colin may have used.

6 hours ago, Terry A Khan said:

Is there a chance that some one please tell me the amperage rating of the fuse in your new HDPLEX ?

HDPLEX says it is 6A at AC inlet.

Last night I tested one of the adjustable outputs of my new HDPLEX at 12v with my end point which is just an i3 based mini PC.  I was previously using my HDPLEX 400W lps to power the end point.  The difference using the 200W lps was subtle but immediately noticeable.  To my ears, the background got a bit more black and quiet allowing me to hear more nuance and detail.  The music sounded a bit more organic and natural.  Today I will use the other adjustable output to power my switch.  The other test I want to do is compare this lps against the Uptone LPS1.2 powering my Singxer SU-1 and USB Regen.  Has anyone else compared the HDPLEX 200W against the Uptone LPS1.2?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

17 hours ago, rickca said:

Where did you get a 3-pin XLR to 8-pin molex cable for this connection?  What CPU are you running on the Asus motherboard?

Sorry for the delay, Rick.  I used a 3-pin XLR to 6-pin Molex cable for this connection.  It came in the box with the HDPLEX DC-ATX.  I found that the 6-pin worked and the other 2 pins were not needed, apparently.  I am running an i7 6700K cpu.

Colin

25 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Adding a DXPWR or MPaudio double or single lt3045 regulator(s) in serial to the lt3045 output of the new Hdplex takes things to another level. Powering the 12 volt inputs of my HDD enclosure and Startech USB card in this way lead to immediate and significant SQ increases.

Interesting.  May I ask which one you are using?  Also,. in order to get 12V I assume you are outputting 19V from the HDPlex.

Other components:

Just now, tboooe said:

Interesting.  May I ask which one you are using?  Also,. in order to get 12V I assume you are outputting 19V from the HDPlex.

I use both, just as Colin outlined above. Taking 15 volts from the adjustable hdplex lt3045 outputs works perfectly for dropping to 12 volts.

The dxpwr is limited to 1.5 amps, so I use that double regulated on the usb card. The mpaudio handles 3 amps for the 12 volt hdd drive motor.

The star tech usb card handles the drop from 12 to 5 volts on the usb output.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

1 hour ago, tboooe said:

Last night I tested one of the adjustable outputs of my new HDPLEX at 12v with my end point which is just an i3 based mini PC.....  Has anyone else compared the HDPLEX 200W against the Uptone LPS1.2?

Comparing a scalpel to  sabre is kind of nonsensical.

LPS 1.2 current limits limit its use to low power endpoint. There it is superb.  Cannot use it though to power a server with CPU "guts".

Question to ask is how does this compare to an SR-4, which is at like price point and can power a more current hungry device?

Like the multiple outputs of an HDPlex but have a sour taste in my mouth from the HDPlex100 that just stopped working last year... I expect my electronics

to last into obsolescence.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

56 minutes ago, frederick184 said:

I used a 3-pin XLR to 6-pin Molex cable for this connection.  It came in the box with the HDPLEX DC-ATX.

I don't see a 3-pin XLR to 6-pin Molex among the 400W DC-ATX cables I have, nor do I see one on the HDPLEX website.

2 minutes ago, rickca said:

I don't see a 3-pin XLR to 6-pin Molex among the 400W DC-ATX cables I have, nor do I see one on the HDPLEX website.

Rick, my apologies.  I left out a crucial piece of information.  It's a 3-pin XLR to 7.4mm connector (male/female, I can't remember) then 7.4 mm connector to 6 pin Molex.

Colin

1 minute ago, frederick184 said:

Rick, my apologies.  I left out a crucial piece of information.  It's a 3-pin XLR to 7.4mm connector (male/female, I can't remember) then 7.4 mm connector to 6 pin Molex.

OK but that assembly is meant to go from the 200W LPS 19V to the 400W DC-ATX power input.  So how do you power your DC-ATX if you're using those cables for the motherboard 8-pin instead?

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

Adding a DXPWR or MPaudio double or single lt3045 regulator(s) in serial to the lt3045 output of the new Hdplex takes things to another level. Powering the 12 volt inputs of my HDD enclosure and Startech USB card in this way lead to immediate and significant SQ increases.

Thanks, Larry.  I wasn't even aware that Alexey now offers this DXPWR line of products.

Is this the one you use with the Startech USB card?

http://www.ldovr.com/product-p/dxp-1a5dsc.htm

If so, I assume you specify 12V for output voltage.  What do you specify for the pre-regulator out if you're feeding it from an adjustable voltage rail of the 200W LPS set to 15V?

13 minutes ago, rickca said:

OK but that assembly is meant to go from the 200W LPS 19V to the 400W DC-ATX power input.  So how do you power your DC-ATX if you're using those cables for the motherboard 8-pin instead?

Yes, and it does, but there were two sets in my box.  I knew I was going to need them so Larry threw a couple extra in.  

Colin

10 minutes ago, rickca said:

Thanks, Larry.  I wasn't even aware that Alexey now offers this DXPWR line of products.

Is this the one you use with the Startech USB card?

http://www.ldovr.com/product-p/dxp-1a5dsc.htm

If so, I assume you specify 12V for output voltage.  What do you specify for the pre-regulator out if you're feeding it from an adjustable voltage rail of the 200W LPS set to 15V?

Yes the dxpwr with 15 volts in with a pre regulator at 13.5 and regulator at 12 volts.

Alexey is working on a 3 amp version as well.

The case with DC connectors is terrific. 

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio