IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

On 7/30/2018 at 11:37 PM, wanta911 said:

Looks good. I have 2 of the older 100w models that I use on my NAS & Router.

I guess with the Uptone LPS 1.2 I would have to use the 12v or 19v outlets as the variable outlets max out at 2 amps so don't get to 36w?

I had an older non-adjustable HEPlex unit that fried my Uptone LPS-1.  Uptone inspected and confirm that due to the HDPlex not having OC/OV protection it took out several components in the Ultracap LPS-1.  This is a known issue with the HDPlex. I got rid of the HDPlex and bought a new Ultracap-LPS-2.  I do look forward to the new 200W version as it does have OC/OV protection and safe to use.

2 channel : full Innuos suite / Black Cat USB cables / Kii Three BXT

Desktop : Innuos PulseMINI / Roon ROCK / SaBaj A20d amp-DAC / DCA E3 headphones

• 1 month later...

Got mine yesterday.  Installed it in my rack to eliminate the SMPS powering my ZyXel Ethernet switch & Roon Rock NUC.  Quite a noticeable bump up in SQ.  The switch has the SOtM clock mod.  SOtM trio to the Kii Control/Kii Three speakers.  The best sound yet in my sound room.  Of course I also rearranged most of the cables in my rack at the same time so not sure how much of the improvement is the HDPlex and/or the cable management.  I use to have one of the original HDPlex 100W non adjustable units without the over-voltage/over-current protection but got rid of it after it burned out my Uptone LPS 1.  This new unit seems to be of better quality.  I highly recommend it for getting rid of those noisy SMPS.

2 channel : full Innuos suite / Black Cat USB cables / Kii Three BXT

Desktop : Innuos PulseMINI / Roon ROCK / SaBaj A20d amp-DAC / DCA E3 headphones