IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

57 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Ghentaudio has some higher quality Y-cables as well if that’s what you want.

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/list-dc.html

Wow thank you very much!!

do you think i can connect pc power and prephono together, both at 19v, without exceeding 2A ... or is the prephono too sensitive?

Wow thank you very much!!

do you think i can connect pc power and prephono together, both at 19v, without exceeding 10A ... or is the prephono too sensitive?

13 minutes ago, Lebouwsky said:

Volt x amperage = watt. So the hdplex is rated 19 x 10 = 190 watt. Look in the specs of the devices you want to power, do the math and keep it below 190 watt.

For pc look at the TDP value (watt) of the processor and multiply this by, say, 1,5 for the rest of the components. Pm me if you need further help.

Thank you vero much for your answer.

About power consumption there are no problem because PC+prephono don t exceed 100watt more or less.

My “ worry” about the connection to the same output of hdplex psu, is:I lose the isolation? For example: pc + prephono on the same 19V output, can it happen that the noise coming from the PC, arrives to pre phono?

33 minutes ago, rickca said:

The following comment is from Larry at HDPLEX.

The efficiency is around 65-70%. SMPS on the other hand typically get 85% or higher efficiency in peak load.  

This might mean even if your system only draws 80W-120W, the burden on the LPSU could be into the 180W -200W range.

Also note that the nominal 190W assumes the 19V rail is the only rail in use.

Ok, i will check again power consumption of my pc with a tester, before buy

6 hours ago, Lebouwsky said:

The general consensus is that it does degrade soundquality. To what degree I can’t answer that. I’ve used a Y-split cable to power an sms200 and an uptone regen and could not hear an increase in sound when I powered them separately. A phono pre-amp on the other hand is quite sensitive, so a combination with a pc would not be my first choise. I would definately separate digital from analog.

ok guys, thank you, i will separate Analog from digital.

according to you, for a dc cable, is important that it is shielded?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...