IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

• 1 month later...

I have the old 200W modell (No LT3045 and the 19V outputs share the ground). I have encountered some problems with it.

First: I run all four rails and power ISP fiber modem with 5Vdc, router with 19Vdc, switch with 12Vdc and a NUC with Roon ROCK with 19Vdc and all loads are small perhaps 1.5A on 5Vdc and around 1A on 19Vdc and it runs hot and by that I mean so hot I think it will be damaged by it so I cool it with a fan, no big deal but to run 10A on the 19Vdc rail I think it will have a meltdown :)

Second: Twice after some power surge or something on the net it has shutdown and needed to be powered down and restarted to put out power again but this is normall I think as the circuits to keep it safe are working (fingers crossed that it will do this if something goes really wrong).

Third: Both my 19Vdc outputs stoped working (both the 19V and the 19-5V at the same time). I contacted Larry and he directly told me it was the potentiometer at the back that changes the 19-5V output that was broken (it was broken as the ohm was really strange on it and this affects both 19V outputs) he sent me a replacement (not exactly the same one) and this new one was not made to be mounted through a hole so I bought one from Elfa distrelec that was the exakt same one that was originaly mounted and soldered yhis one in and it works as it should right now.

If you look on forums there have been lots of problems with the old 160W and the old 200W so once again see this with the new 200W is a bit well not so good. To put four rails in this small box and the be able to draw this amount of power from them is perhaps not the best way of doing things.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
  • 5 months later...

I hope to get my new PSU tomorrow (replacing the old 200W) anyone here using all four outputs on it with modest loads (NUC, router, switch etc.) and how hot does it get? 

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system

@dctom good to know. I use a 120mm fan to cool my PSU as all my network equipment is in a cabinet,think I will keep using it.

Main system

Second system
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, No Disc said:

Does this sound like it will need to be sent back for repair?

This also happened to mine. It is the potentiometer that is used to change the voltage that is bad. This will affect 19V and the adjustable 19V. 

It is not that hard to find the right potentiometer and solder of the cable and put a the new one in.

Main system

Second system