IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

On 6/3/2019 at 2:02 PM, Chopin75 said:

People don't realize there is a limitation on measuring devices that is often far inferior to human ear which is a far superior measuring instruments so to speak.  This explains why one an hear the sonic difference between Steinway and Bosendorfer and Yamaha but but I bet one cannot really measure it electronically to tell the difference. Ok, we are talking about measuring noise now but surely the human ear can hear subtle changes as a result of electronic noise. So it is possible the noise difference between different PSU are so low that measuring instruments are not really detecting it but they are large enough to affect the sound.

Wrong wrong wrong...

So wrong.

We can measure far more than we can hear, where do these measurements down to -140db come from.

Record different instruments and look at the results, waveforms, fft's showing frequency content etc. you can see a difference.

29 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Been discussed on numerous threads, do a bit more research... Can you hear artifacts -130dB down in the mix... NO and this article is not related to our ability to measure the physical world around us, its about our hearing ability. Go watch some videos of people who are pitch perfect... You also train this ability when learning to play music, ear training is an important part of music training.

22 hours ago, PeterSt said:

You never discuss that I can see. You only tell.

Look around this site and others, for a more technical discussion have a look on DIY Audio, the paper is several years old now and is often used as proof that hearing is better than measurements, ignoring all the other information on the subject.

I am sure you have the ability to perform searches...

22 hours ago, PeterSt said:

I just tried. You are right of course. There is really difference between a Spanish guitar with metal strings and a Dobro with metal strings. Next up is trying to see which is which. I think after a while I can do that too.

Btw, I started out with a comparison between a kick drum and a harp. But that was really too easy.

Any more eureka moments for us to share ?

Of course there are differences, my answer was in response to a direct question, but thanks for the clever reply at least I know I'm not on your ignore list... LOL

3 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Which is ?

I suppose you refer to you telling us that what can not be measured for difference can not sound different. Am I right ?

No need to confirm that. You are always telling us the same.

Nope...