IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmm....that's not good.

I have two of the original units and yes one of them had the issue where I had to re-solder both of the connectors, which was annoying and obviously not a very good design as they broke very quickly and easily. I do note however that he has rectified this with all XLR connectors.

These days the units I own only do single 12v duty on my NAS and router but have worked flawlessly, the router unit hardly gets above ambient temperature and the one powering the NAS is warm to touch but nowhere near hot.

I would hope that Larry has addressed all of the previous issues in the new product.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow! I haven't been to this thread for ages and missed the issues with some of the original supply. After reading through the thread I have checked my unit from the original batch and can confirm that:

1. It has Elna capacitors
  2. The earth wire is connected as it should be

Should I be worried about the rectifier issue, is it an inherent problem that needs fixing?

My unit doesn't have much of a load, I am only using the 12V outlet and one of the adjustable outlets for a total of maybe 60 to 70 watts. I never use the 19V and occasionally use the 2nd adjustable outlet. So far it has performed without issue using Ghent DC cables and is on 24/7 but I would have been p***** if I had discovered that I didn't get the specified parts.