IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Just realized I still have an issue with the search. 

Searched for "Symphony No. 7" and "Beethoven Symphony No. 7": the famous Kleiber DG recording with Symphony No 5 doesn't come up, even under "see all releases".  This, in spite of the fact that the track listing for the album  in Qobuz says "Symphony No. 7".

If I add the word "kleiber" to the search the album does come up. 

Seems to me this is the opposite of how it should work: the original searches should have broader more inclusive results and include every listing of any Symphony No. 7 or any recording of Beethoven's Symphony No. 7.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

@dmackta

Bonjour from France
The new Dylan Bootleg Vol.15 streams only in 16/44 instead as advertised 24/96.
Saw it first in Audirvana, then confirmed it via ROON (see screenshot), not sure it is only a loacal french problem, but if so, you may forward it to your collegues.

Best, Tom
image.thumb.png.f4dc82cdc3af5a55e87e27fc336c220a.png

@dmackta same in the USA: noted at 24/96, streams only in 16/44.1, and not available for download.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

4 minutes ago, left channel said:

@dmackta here's another: Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

8 albums and 5 EPs on Tidal, though oddly they don't have the single I found on Qobuz

(Found my way there because Jade Castrianos is on the Echo in the Canyon soundtrack.)

That's a weird one with the artist in our db 2x. You can see the rest of the catalog here https://open.qobuz.com/artist/271128

These issues are being cleaned up with a new 3rd party data integration -- by the end of the year (?) should be much better. 

14 minutes ago, dmackta said:

That's a weird one with the artist in our db 2x. You can see the rest of the catalog here https://open.qobuz.com/artist/271128

These issues are being cleaned up with a new 3rd party data integration -- by the end of the year (?) should be much better. 

Ah-hah! Understood, thanks. Still missing the EPs, but this is much better, and now I understand why I get lost like that sometimes.

While looking at that, I have a UI suggestion, sorry: nice to know about the tribute single by Charlie Peck tacked onto the album list there, but I feel it should be separated under a section titled "Composer" or something like that. And this goes many times over for an artist like Bruce Cockburn, where the album list includes many many items that should be listed under "Composer", "Appears on", and maybe other categories.

I've noticed a duplication problem across all of my applications (Qobuz desktop-iMac/Audirvana 3.5/iPeng/ LMS w/Material Skin plugin). The duplicate albums are not consistent from one app to the next and upon re-start they change again. The fact that they differ from one app to the next seems to point to a problem at the source(Qobuz). Has anyone else experienced this? Co-incidentally, this problem first appeared after the 500 favorite limit was fixed.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

25 minutes ago, left channel said:

Just received another update, JS version 5.3.0-b008. Hope that solves the new issues reported above.

My latest update says JS version 5.3.0-b009.  What is the JS version anyway?  If I'm using the Windows 10 desktop app, where does JS come into play?

One of my Windows 10 instances is very stripped down by using getblackbird.

https://www.getblackbird.net/documentation/

On that instance, I get a JS error at Qobuz startup, but then everything seems to work.  I'll capture a screenshot next time I boot to that instance.  So I'm mystified why things apparently work just fine despite this JS error. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

My latest update says JS version 5.3.0-b009.  What is the JS version anyway?  If I'm using the Windows 10 desktop app, where does JS come into play?

One of my Windows 10 instances is very stripped down by using getblackbird.

https://www.getblackbird.net/documentation/

On that instance, I get a JS error at Qobuz startup, but then everything seems to work.  I'll capture a screenshot next time I boot to that instance.  So I'm mystified why things apparently work just fine despite this JS error. 

I have the JS build 009 now too. The updates came one after another in rapid succession. If Blackbird is blocking scripts then I'm not surprised it's giving the Qobuz app a brief case of the hiccups, and if it doesn't cause other problems that's good luck. As to exactly how the app is developed, doubt we'll ever know.

Just got a email offering Qobuz Premier Studio for $14.95 a month?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

I still don't get the reference to Superman's cape.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

And if you go annual, that’s $149.99, or $12.50 a month.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, rickca said:

I still don't get the reference to Superman's cape.

Looking at the pricing in the industry, that would be Amazon.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Also - right now that’s existing customers in this and lower tiers and the first 100,000 new customers to sign up, as I understand it.

Sublime+ is $249.99 annually, so a better deal if you buy a couple hundred dollars’ worth of downloads a year. (Same streaming access plus downloads at about 50% off.)

24 minutes ago, left channel said:

@dmackta and crew have been busy! @exdmd just alerted us to the news in another thread, so I looked it up:

And this is now at https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offersqobuz-studio-premier.thumb.jpg.300b259f15d94228a00e7cb762d18810.jpg

Or, we had it on the front page first :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png