IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

15 hours ago, PAR said:

Yes. There is no gapless replay using the web browser app ( I just checked). In fact I don't know whether it is technically possible. It s big problem for my tastes ( mainly classical music) but may not be such a handicap for genres where each track = a new song .

Thank you. Gapless replay is important to Pink Floyd fans like me.

I had also forgotten that the web player can't commandeer your keyboard's media keys globally the way the desktop player can. With the web player, you can only use keyboard shortcuts when it's in focus and, with my Logitech G910 keyboard, the media keys don't work at all.

I had created a Chrome web app out of the web player, so I could put a shortcut on the taskbar and launch it as an app instead of a browser window. I had high hopes, because the web player remembers your text sizing and refreshes more reliably after you add or delete from playlists. Plus, I just read here that the web player will be the first to get the new, improved search.

Oh well. Back to the desktop player.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

You can force the refresh of the desktop player with CTRL + R or COMMAND + R

Yes the Desktop support the media key

The new search will arrive on the desktop one day after the web player is there is no issue.

Thanks for the force refresh tip! Now, if I can just make the desktop player resize text off the small default and keep it that way!

On 11/4/2019 at 12:12 PM, dmackta said:

Another point to clarify for all - licensing is done a per territory (country) basis.  While we want to have all the music that the French service has, we are limited to what is available in the US. That is why knowing if something is on another US service is helpful. Much less so knowing something is out in another country. 

I just checked and the labels Arion and Sterling are indeed available on Tidal and Spotify U.S., but not on Qobuz U.S.. The rest isn't available on any of the three services in the U.S..

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

You can force the refresh of the desktop player with CTRL + R or COMMAND + R

This command very useful to keep in mind when creating playlists as the program doesn't automatically update them.

On 11/4/2019 at 7:08 AM, dmackta said:

I am checking for the Neu! etc. every day. This is a case of a couple labels that are with the Orchard who still have another million tracks to transfer to us. 

If it's on Tidal we should have it very soon. Painfully slow process but it is ongoing around the clock. 

Cool. I just realized we're facebook friends - saw your name on a Jason reynolds post and put two and two together. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

8 hours ago, David Craff said:

The new search will arrive on the desktop one day after the web player if there is no issue.

Thanks again, it seems to have gotten approval from those here who had requested early access.  

Can anyone tell me if the update will help with searches such as the following (where I've clicked on the first option "Sasha") showing numerous artists are sorted under a single name?  Contrary to some others reaction, I was perfectly happy to root through a good number of his namesakes without backing out to the search screen and clicking through multiple options, ie. Sasha(1), Sasha(2) $a$ha, s3sha...(try telling me that is less convoluted).  Some idea what to expect is all I'm asking.  :)

On 11/5/2019 at 1:09 AM, brianlg said:

Thank you! Is the end of November when the catalog will be fully updated?

Here are some examples I'd love to have on there:

• Путь – Песни Смерти (https://pskovway.bandcamp.com/album/-) [on Tidal and Deezer]
  • The Body - I Have Fought Against It, but I Can't Any Longer (Thrill Jockey) [on Deezer]
  • The Body - No One Deserves Happiness (Thrill Jockey) [on Deezer]
  • Ulver - Bergtatt (Voices Music & Entertainment) [on Tidal and Deezer]
  • Bathory - missing a lot of albums by them [all on tidal]
  • Drudkh - missing all albums, but have an artist page [all on tidal]
  • there are a lot more

Also, are there plans to categorize releases by Album, EP/Single, Compilation, etc?

Hey @brianlg -- Thrill Jockey hasn't licensed us yet. Been working on it for a while. Let them know you'd love to hear their releases on Qobuz. Bathory has their own label, distributed by the Orchard, should be delivered to Qobuz any day...this has been ongoing for 3 months. Same with the Ulver. End of November is when all the Orchard-distributed back catalog will be live. Drudkh is on Season of Mist, who we have - what are we missing? https://open.qobuz.com/artist/937353 In general, there is no such thing as a fully updated catalog. There are unlimited labels and suppliers, new releases and reissues every single day, and titles changing labels or distribution just as frequently. Our team is really small but totally dedicated. The other companies have lots of people just dealing with licensing. 

On 11/5/2019 at 1:09 AM, brianlg said:

Thank you! Is the end of November when the catalog will be fully updated?

Here are some examples I'd love to have on there:

• Путь – Песни Смерти (https://pskovway.bandcamp.com/album/-) [on Tidal and Deezer]
  • The Body - I Have Fought Against It, but I Can't Any Longer (Thrill Jockey) [on Deezer]
  • The Body - No One Deserves Happiness (Thrill Jockey) [on Deezer]
  • Ulver - Bergtatt (Voices Music & Entertainment) [on Tidal and Deezer]
  • Bathory - missing a lot of albums by them [all on tidal]
  • Drudkh - missing all albums, but have an artist page [all on tidal]
  • there are a lot more

Also, are there plans to categorize releases by Album, EP/Single, Compilation, etc?

The Drudkh catalog seems to have arrived today in the US. I also noticed that all the Rise Above-era Electric Wizard records appeared too. (These showed up earlier in Roon than on the Qobuz app). 

15 hours ago, Polyglot said:

Primephonic has recently made its service available worldwide. I wonder how long it will be before the major providers including Qobuz are able to do the same and offer every title to every listener no matter where they are located.

My prognosis: 37.9 years. 

@David Craff I can wholly understand not promoting the following's new album on the front page.  I use it only as an example of search capability using the web player with new UI search (French(!), highly anticipated release due to (frankly the amount of distasteful pop cultural homages is more shocking) explicit promotional campaign stretching back a year, artist page containing full catalog present).    Obvious NSFW warning 

SebastiAn

Returns no direct result in first set or "See all Artists" one would naturally gravitate to as it is directly below search box.  Returns no direct result adding "+ New Release" even if you select show all albums again.  "Main Artist" or "Performer" finally get a relevant result (though an older one highlighting his turn to shock value over musicianship to separate himself from the crowd).  

This is an improvement over the old search UI as I was actually able to find the album without a highly convoluted time consuming brute force(:)) attack on the database.  That only finally produced the desired result due to knowing the label of release, finally being able to find another artist release on it, and then sorting through all of the label releases until finding either the artist or album in question.  As an organic exercise of asking someone to find a single album they would like to hear.  They gave up after 30 seconds and I kept going until I was sure to have exhausted any possibility of it existing (no outside search engines allowed... cheating).

Ed Banger (ie record label of new release being searched for)

Scrolling down in initial results produces a playlist and some interesting tracks to peruse along the way.  "Search In: Label" produces the correct label!  "See all albums" does not show all albums, does not show all albums by the desired artist (all of them released on this label), does not show the (still) partially available for streaming new album (Release is today's date), does show all three singles from new album!  This worked well enough for the computer literacy of anyone in the age group most likely to be searching for an album of this character and commercial exposure level.  I doubt either of us would have given up and, more importantly, been listening in under 10 seconds while browsing the rest of his oeuvre.

If you ever find yourself at the start of an overhanging diagonal finger to small hands crack three pitches up.  This artists music may waft across your consciousness.  Along with a bunch of French terms very few reading this would comprehend.

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

New release 5.3.0 is online on web player with the new UI search

Just received the 5.3.0-b005 desktop app update. The new Search worked immediately, and I'm enjoying it. I'm on Windows 10 here, and after the update I encountered some trouble with the ASIO4ALL driver. It reset its ASIO Buffer Size back to its default 512 samples, which is too small for Qobuz streams. But after a few tries and restarts of Qobuz it obeyed me and stayed at 2048 samples. ASIO4ALL seems to have this problem with every new Qobuz installation. The Qobuz app does not have the same problem with ASIO drivers distributed by DAC manufacturers. WASAPI Exclusive also works fine.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

10 minutes ago, goon525 said:

Just a plea for the iOS version of the new search engine asap. I do the vast majority of my searching on iPad or iPhone.

New UI search is for Web Player and Desktop as a beta. This will arrive after for iOs and Android.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

1 minute ago, David Craff said:

New UI search is for Web Player and Desktop as a beta. This will arrive after for iOs and Android.

So what is new in 5.3.0-b005 desktop app?  I just installed it and I don't see any search filters.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 minutes ago, David Craff said:

For desktop on 5.3.0 you get the new UI Search. For Android or iOs new release does not have the new UI Search

OK I see the filters right at the top of the screen now. Thanks.  Your comment saying 

New UI search is for Web Player and Desktop as a beta.

confused me.  I didn't think 5.3.0-b005 was a beta release. Does the 'b' in 'b005' indicate a beta?  If so, why is it automatically downloaded?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

43 minutes ago, rickca said:

OK I see the filters right at the top of the screen now. Thanks.  Your comment saying 

New UI search is for Web Player and Desktop as a beta.

confused me.  I didn't think 5.3.0-b005 was a beta release. Does the 'b' in 'b005' indicate a beta?  If so, why is it automatically downloaded?

No  b is for build. The web player and desktop will allow us to improve this new version with your feedback before adding it to the mobile versions

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.