IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

3 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Make sure you're set up on Qobuz and system preferences to do up to 24/192. And it's conceivable that it could be marked wrong. What track?

Thanks David.

It's the Buddy Guy and Junior Wells track that AudioDoctor posted on previous page.

AudioDoctor is saying CD quality sounds different for Qobuz vs Tidal through Audirvana - not Hi-Res.

You've been at both companies - can you share a possible explanation ?

Are they likely streaming the same CD quality file?

Of course Hi-Res streaming is a different story altogether.

453068220_ScreenShot2018-08-27at6_54_12PM.thumb.png.31a52d19e93394526265be5dec823e9c.png

I have it set right in A+, the Qobuz file is 16/44 and I upsample those to 24/88.  In case anyone doesn't know how to only upsample specific sample rates, here, I will show you.

Open Audio Preferences > Audio Filters >  and select Custom > then over to edit settings and a pop up will appear letting you select what you want to happen to each sample rate.

No electron left behind.

The only explanation must be you're streaming different actual files, from the servers.

I can't imagine you're hearing the differences of different paths (Qobuz vs Tidal servers), from server to your ears?

Is the difference the same when played bit-perfectly, all DSP off?

I know you said the same DSP applies to both services.

Again, I don't doubt you, I've heard stranger things myself.

David is in the unique position to know if the files are the same or can be different in some cases. But I would understand if he doesn't want to comment on Tidal anymore.

4 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Just saw this. I just went to Soundiiz and the Qobuz site is up again. Wasn't aware that it was down.

Yep, the message from Soundiiz said that Qobuz requested that the service be temporarily be disabled, while maintenance was going on.

On 8/25/2018 at 10:58 PM, shadowlight said:

Question for the folks who have being using Qobuz for awhile.  Can you let me know how I can configure Qobuz to continue playing similar songs/artist once the last song in a playlist has ended.  Looking for something similar to what Spotify does when playlist ends or what Deezer does with Flow.  I use the Spotify functionality to discover new music and I cannot seem to find how to do that under Qobuz.

I don’t think they have that functionality yet. 

On 8/22/2018 at 6:41 AM, shadowlight said:

@nbpf, I have a working system with Volumio, MPD, upmpdcli and upmpdcli-qobuz for 16-bit music but with 24-bit music I get white-noise.  I think I am missing some configuration under mpd/upmpdcli, if you know of anything that will help me remove the white-noise let me know what changes needs to be in place for it to make it work.  I can test similar setup as you with Linn Kazoo, mdp/upmpdcli configured as OpenHome renderer.  I only get white noise when I am using Linn Kazoo which uses the upmpdcli-qobuz plugin.  If I use BubbleDS on a Android device which I believe bypasses upmpdcli-qobuz plugin I am able to play 24-bit files just fine.

For now, I am going to call it a night and pick it up tomorrow night.

Sorry shadowlight, I have been offline for a few days: I do not use Volumio and my Qobuz subscription is for 16bit/44.1kHz files only. Thus, I cannot confirm or confute your observations. MinimServer + upmpdcli work fine up to 24bit/192kHz in a minimal Raspbian distribution.

Sorry and ty. I'll put in a support ticket  now that I know that it is just me.

@4est responding to you on this thread instead of the migrating playlist thread.

Are you seeing a completely blank screen or are you seeing everything on the screen but it does not respond to anything?  If it is not responding I ran into similar situation when the software version was updated.  It told me that it was updating and once it was updated the warning about need to restart was in the smallest font possible.  I kept on clicking everywhere on the screen until I noticed that warning.

I am not sure if you are running into something similar.  If you are still having issues, please try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall if you have not done that yet.

I just sent this note to (address removed at request of Qobuz)

Have others seen this kind of issue before?

========

Incorrect format

All of the Mahler albums by Michael Tilson Thomas and the SF Symphony - here is just one example: https://open.qobuz.com/album/0821936001226- are tagged as being in 24/96 high-resolution. However, when I play them back, they come up as Redbook 16/44.1. This is not true of other high-res content that plays just fine.

Also, the following album https://open.qobuz.com/album/7318599922263 is tagged as being 24/96, but only plays back as MP3 320kbps!

Please let me know if these issues can be fixed.
============
On 8/25/2018 at 4:58 PM, shadowlight said:

Question for the folks who have being using Qobuz for awhile.  Can you let me know how I can configure Qobuz to continue playing similar songs/artist once the last song in a playlist has ended.  Looking for something similar to what Spotify does when playlist ends or what Deezer does with Flow.  I use the Spotify functionality to discover new music and I cannot seem to find how to do that under Qobuz.

We're working on that now.

We are partnering with Musimap to achieve that feature, similar to Spotify and Deezer's flow.

Timing is harder to predict as it depends on the quality of the Algorithms that will be provided, and how long it can take them to bring it to a quality deemed good enough for a release.

I would say that we aim to have something live in the first half of 2019.

7 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Before I drop support an email message about this, can someone help confirm if they are having the issues with the desktop app crashing when your DAC is turned off while Qobuz is still running on your system?

I am using version 4.0.28-b015 and I am using Wasapi (Exclusive Mode).

I just tried this on my system and the app did not crash. Just curious; why would one want to do this?

We're working on that now.

We are partnering with Musimap to achieve that feature, similar to Spotify and Deezer's flow.

Timing is harder to predict as it depends on the quality of the Algorithms that will be provided, and how long it can take them to bring it to a quality deemed good enough for a release.

I would say that we aim to have something live in the first half of 2019.

Great stuff David.

Question: any plans for the desktop app to also incorporate someone's locally stored library?

Or will the desktop app only ever be for streaming?

Probably just streaming. But thee will be third party apps that will do this.

Hehe yes I'm already using Roon (and Audirvana)... just wanted to know if this was something Qobuz was interested in too.

The Qobuz native app itself is quite nice on it's own.