Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

OK, given that you are also using Qobuz UK I just went back to check and played BWV 870 to BWV 873 inclusive without any stutters , jumps or any noticeable fault. 

 

I am , however testing using the Windows 64 bit Qobuz desktop app on Win 10. I could try my main system but there I do not use a Qobuz app but the API  version on dCS Mosaic and I thought that might be moving the goalposts too far.

 

Are you using a wired connection?  I cannot say that it will be a remedy but I did have a lot of jumping/buffering problems at one point ( loads of clearing the cache to try to solve it) and the solution was simply to move the connection between  my computer and router to another router port. Not all seem created equal in practice especially if you are using a freebie router from your ISP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PAR said:

OK, given that you are also using Qobuz UK I just went back to check and played BWV 870 to BWV 873 inclusive without any stutters , jumps or any noticeable fault. 

 

I am , however testing using the Windows 64 bit Qobuz desktop app on Win 10. I could try my main system but there I do not use a Qobuz app but the API  version on dCS Mosaic and I thought that might be moving the goalposts too far.

 

Are you using a wired connection?  I cannot say that it will be a remedy but I did have a lot of jumping/buffering problems at one point ( loads of clearing the cache to try to solve it) and the solution was simply to move the connection between  my computer and router to another router port. Not all seem created equal in practice especially if you are using a freebie router from your ISP.

 

I'm having this problem using Qobuz U.S. both with Qobuz's own application and Audirvana. Other tracks that I've streamed so far play fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not the OP, merely confirming that I too am experiencing intermittent issues with the album he indicated. My connection is via wi-fi and I have been streaming from Qobuz (UK) for most of today without missing a beat except for when I play that particular album. Even when I alternate playing tracks between that album and any other album selected at random, the only problem I am seeing is with the particular album in question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding your posting and those of Polyglot, the problem now seems to be; How come I have no problems? After all I am apparently in the minority.

 

I will fire up my big system tomorrow and see if it plays OK via dCS Mosaic. If it does then there may be some strange issue with the Apple version of the Qobuz desktop player in relation to this album. I assume that this player  is what both of you are using ( correct me if I am wrong). It currently remains the only obvious candidate for the issue as far as I can deduce as the source file is the same but it is working fine on the Windows player but not on the Apple one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PAR said:

Regarding your posting and those of Polyglot, the problem now seems to be; How come I have no problems? After all I am apparently in the minority.

 

I will fire up my big system tomorrow and see if it plays OK via dCS Mosaic. If it does then there may be some strange issue with the Apple version of the Qobuz desktop player in relation to this album. I assume that this player  is what both of you are using ( correct me if I am wrong). It currently remains the only obvious candidate for the issue as far as I can deduce as the source file is the same but it is working fine on the Windows player but not on the Apple one.

 

I have this problem on both Windows 7 and 10, Qobuz's own application and Audirvana. It seemed strange to me, that is why I asked here. It seems other users are encountering it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

I have this problem on both Windows 7 and 10, Qobuz's own application and Audirvana. It seemed strange to me, that is why I asked here. It seems other users are encountering it as well.

 As I write I am playing it on my phone via the Qobuz Android app. No problem whatsoever. 

 

So, by elimination, the problem so  far seems to be occurring  when using the Qobuz Mac desktop app  or on all apps (so far) using the USA service. No problems on Qobuz UK with Windows or Android, only Mac. I am unsure what you mean by making a distinction between Windows 7 and 10 and "Qobuz' own app".  I understand Audirvana but the Win 7 and 10 computer apps are Qobuz' own.

 

So unless there is a different file on Qobuz' servers for each client app there is no obvious problem with the file itself. As far as I am aware there are only two copies of the file on Qobuz' servers, one in Paris, one in the USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have no problems whatsoever with TIDAL or Qobuz desktop or on my iphone or ipad pro nor with ROON or Audirvana A+3 desktop or iphone or ipad pro---and never had problem when i was given a French address(in New France... get it that's what the northeast would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham) by Qobuz before it came to USA

the problem IS the people who insist on using PC's and esoteric thigamajiggers to 'improve' sound quality--- use apple buy Schiit(made in America in Calif) but I also use AQDFred and Meridian Explorer2 with sennheiser 'cans' both wireless rs 195s and 598 hd's and my SQ is always pristine and i use apple time capsule extreme as my WiFi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 1:28 PM, Polyglot said:

Anyone else has trouble streaming this release? It won't buffer properly and is constantly halting and pausing playback. This happens both with Qobuz's own application and Audirvana.


It appears that it is an issue of mislabeled format. The album is actually a 5.1 multi-channel version, not stereo as the Qobuz app has labeled it. (Notice that the album title even indicates 5.1). Try this one instead and you’re likely to have better luck.

 

BTW, I streamed the version in question via Roon, and Roon confirmed it to be 5.1 channel format.


Should probably flag @dmackta on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spin33 said:

BTW, I streamed the version in question via Roon, and Roon confirmed it to be 5.1 channel format.

 

Well spotted Sir.

 

However although the selection page on Qobuz desktop does indeed list it as 5.1 when I select it the play bar says I am being sent stereo . I hope that you can see this from the screenshot.  It plays faultlessly1902139371_Screenshot(92).thumb.png.dd0abad7724f46b2e4f6d9690c41046a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PAR said:

However although the selection page on Qobuz desktop does indeed list it as 5.1 when I select it the play bar says I am being sent stereo . I hope that you can see this from the screenshot.  It plays faultlessly

 

The file is also available in 5.1 but the desktop can only play stereo. 

On the header of the page we indicate the max quality available.

On the player we indicate the quality when playing, depending on your account and application settings


Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 8:28 PM, Polyglot said:

Anyone else has trouble streaming this release? It won't buffer properly and is constantly halting and pausing playback. This happens both with Qobuz's own application and Audirvana.

 

Can  you send me a video via PM ?

How fast is your Internet connexion ?


Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it is a high resolution file in 24 bits and 192 kHz and contains 5 channels instead of 2 (stereo), it will be even bigger in size. If the bandwidth is not sufficient, it explains why the buffer cannot load fast enough to read it.

 

I downloaded this release and the lowest track is 189 Mo and the highest is 646 Mo on CD 1.


Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 8:45 PM, wdw said:


wasn’t an appeal to authority (but thanks for the explanation of the obvious) and is simply a comment directed to Qobuz.   A view of any current offering, whether US or EU, would give non-users a sense of and feel for the scale of their catalogue and curation.

Impatiently awaiting the Canadian open.

No account needed to look at the catalog. The download store mirrors streaming pretty closely: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Polyglot said:

Qobuz has generously allowed me to test the latest version of the search function, and I must say it is simply amazing. It has the ability to filter results by various criteria and is extremely useful. There remain a few details to iron out, but I think we shall all be very happy once it's released. Qobuz is providing a truly great product for music fanatics and no other service comes close.

 

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that the issues regarding not being able to simultaneously select tracks across groupings and releases not displaying all tracks at once are corrected as well.

me too.


Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Kii Control>Audiolense DRC>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.
 

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, David Craff said:

 

The file is also available in 5.1 but the desktop can only play stereo. 

On the header of the page we indicate the max quality available.

On the player we indicate the quality when playing, depending on your account and application settings

 

Hi David, you've doubtless already entered this onto your to-do list, but I'd like to add my voice to this feature request: as with files that are available for download in Hi-Res but only stream in CD-quality, this type of album should be labeled as a 5.1 multichannel download and 2-channel stream, unless Qobuz plans to add multichannel support to the app in the very near future. (Also, localization: "Multicanal" → "Multichannel".)


Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, left channel said:

 

Hi David, you've doubtless already entered this onto your to-do list, but I'd like to add my voice to this feature request: as with files that are available for download in Hi-Res but only stream in CD-quality, this type of album should be labeled as a 5.1 multichannel download and 2-channel stream, unless Qobuz plans to add multichannel support to the app in the very near future. (Also, localization: "Multicanal" → "Multichannel".)

 

You're right !


Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Qobuz operations on the iPad hampered by the way that the website tries to open links.   (I am using IOS 13 on an iPad Pro)

 

 

I use the iPad as a primary computer and I have been frustrated with the Qobuz website so I started testing today to see what the problems are.  The site is using pop-up windows in multiple places.  I have had pop-ups blocked on web browsers for  a decade.  Most of the time they are junk in my face.    So I went into settings on the iPad and Safari and turned the pop-up blocker off.  

 

I wanted to favorite  Rajiv’s playlist from his dCS Bartok review so I could listen to it in Roon and I could not do that.  Here is a video that shows how it works with the blocker off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks David!

What, no Pink Floyd???  😂


"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...