IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, matthias said:

From

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/index.html#news

2019-10-06

If you were using Qobuz and it's not working any more, don't pull your hair, the Qobuz plugin stopped working (either through the Media Server or with OHCredentials). Qobuz revoked the app_id, and also deleted the API documentation on Github. I guess that they don't want people to use their subscription as they like.

Can @David Craff please comment on this?

Thanks

Matt

That is disappointing to hear.  Maybe they are moving to NDA/legal contract method before granting access to api.

On 9/27/2019 at 2:56 PM, bobfa said:

A bunch of folks were making assumptions about QOBUZ outages a few days ago.  Here is some real data and "My assumptions from that data"!

First the email:

Dear MyVolumio user,
This is to inform that we released an emergency update to restore QOBUZ Functionality.

What happened:
On friday 20th QOBUZ contacted us to notify the would temporarily suspend our API access. This was due to a particular search string that caused malfunctions on their infrastructure. They required us to make an urgent change on our implementation, which we did the same day. 

On Monday 23rd however, they communicated instead that they were issuing a new API key for Volumio, in order to restrict access to old Volumio clients.
This means that existing users would not be able to access QOBUZ until they update to a new version with this new API key.

Solution:
To restore QOBUZ functionality, simply update to latest Volumio version. Then log-out and log-in in QOBUZ.

We are sorry about this inconvenience and we did all that we could to solve the matter with the least disruption on your side.
Thanks again for being a MyVolumio user!

Enjoy the music
The Volumio Team

and the release notes:

1985913521_ScreenShot2019-09-27at3_30_19PM.png.7ef043b5a2600967877c92032060ff43.png

SO Bob's Guess.  I am betting on software bugs.

This  tells me something SQL injected them and caused an outage..  Now was that intentional or human error?  I am also going out on a limb and guessing that the bug might not be fixed yet  as they are asking vendors to not send them "certain search strings".  

My Prediction:   Watch for an "announced server outage" in the future.

RJF. (CISM, CISSP --- Retired)

Now back to listening to music!

2 hours ago, matthias said:

From

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/index.html#news

2019-10-06

If you were using Qobuz and it's not working any more, don't pull your hair, the Qobuz plugin stopped working (either through the Media Server or with OHCredentials). Qobuz revoked the app_id, and also deleted the API documentation on Github. I guess that they don't want people to use their subscription as they like.

Can @David Craff please comment on this?

Thanks

Matt

15 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

That is disappointing to hear.  Maybe they are moving to NDA/legal contract method before granting access to api.

Perhaps the upmpdcli problem is related to what @bobfa mentions above? I don't know this, but just wondering.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

39 minutes ago, Jud said:

Perhaps the upmpdcli problem is related to what @bobfa mentions above? I don't know this, but just wondering.

@Jud may be on to something....

Maybe just maybe.  Hanlon's Razor applies here:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Or Bob's Corollary:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by lack of software testing!

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Qobuz page https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/page/labs shows a link to the (now removed) API page. Sending an email to [email protected] generates an auto replay with the following text:

Thank you for requesting a private API key. Please describe your project as detailed as possible for us to come back to you as fast as possible.

The Qobuz API team

I really hope this is temporarily. Does not look good at all.

A little help please from Qobuz.

Somehow I got bumped out of Qobuz in my iPad Linn Kazoo app.  I tried to sign in repeatedly with what I'm certain was the correct login info.  But no go.

So I went to my account at Qobuz online and changed my password there.  Now I cannot get into my account at all!  So perhaps I messed up.

But the really irritating thing is that subscribers in the US who need a knew password are sent on a circular wild goose chase between the France and the US sites, and it is impossible to change the password despite what the website Help page says.  It sends you and email to reset your password, which sends you to France.  Then a banner comes up that asks if you'd like to go to the US site.  Of courses I would.  But when you click on it, it asks you for your password.

Really dumb.  How do I just reset my darn password in US qobuz so I can get back in business?  thx.

Hey guys, we had to remove open source access to our API and the github documentation due to the actions of dishonest individuals who were using this access to rip streams which is strictly prohibited by our agreements with the labels and rightholders.  Blame the bad actors. We are doing what we can to rectify, but the open API documentation caused the issue without question.

9 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Hey guys, we had to remove open source access to our API and the github documentation due to the actions of dishonest individuals who were using this access to rip streams which is strictly prohibited by our agreements with the labels and rightholders.  Blame the bad actors. We are doing what we can to rectify, but the open API documentation caused the issue without question.

Is there a process by which music server manufacturers can certify that they are good actors? As a user, I'm locked out because the music server I use, Euphony, is locked out.

Are these conversations/negotiations already happening?

47 minutes ago, dmackta said:

API partners should reach out to [email protected] and [email protected] -- we will deal with legit folks no problem.

It should be possible - open source and excellent security by design have coexisted for a long time.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.