IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does Qobuz actually embed album art into the files? 

I would expect the record label to provide files with album art already embedded, and Qobuz serves it directly to the customer. Usually the label has very strict rules about how their content can be handled, and don't allow such manipulation by the delivery service.

Hi @David Craff @dmackta

Can you give an update on these 3 things:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=952095

i.e.

1. How is progress of Qobuz US catalogue size at least matching Tidal US catalogue size? I shared Snarky Puppy album example earlier in the thread, which was missing in Qobuz.

2. Removing 1000 track playlist size limit will happen soon? Would love a 10k limit for playlist size instead...

3. The My Qobuz feature will launch in 2019? To get notified of new releases by all artists that I 'follow' in Qobuz.

and

4. 'Exclusive Mode' coming to Qobuz Desktop apps, with USB DACs connected? If  yes, how soon?

Many thanks

1 hour ago, asdf1000 said:

4. 'Exclusive Mode' coming to Qobuz Desktop apps, with USB DACs connected? If  yes, how soon?

I'm not David so I hope that you don't mind me jumping in.

If you mean WASAPI Exclusive Mode then this depends upon whether your  DAC driver supports it.  If so then it should appear in the list of options available in Qobuz' "Audio Device" . I just checked and it is there on the Qobuz desktop for Windows for at least one of my DACs. I am in the UK but AFAIK the Qobuz apps are identical for the USA and EU ( languages aside).

As far as the Qobuz catalogue is concerned remember that they have only been open in the USA for just over 6 months.

15 minutes ago, PAR said:

If you mean WASAPI Exclusive Mode then this depends upon whether your  DAC driver supports it.  If so then it should appear in the list of options available in Qobuz' "Audio Device" .

Hi, yes the DAC appears and there is sound using WASAPI driver. But it's not 'Exclusive Mode'. Windows sound can still play to the DAC at the same time. This is one advantage of 'Exclusive Mode'. Just like the Tidal Desktop app allows...

16 minutes ago, PAR said:

As far as the Qobuz catalogue is concerned remember that they have only been open in the USA for just over 6 months.

Noted - and the question to Qobuz above wasn't 'is it finished yet'. I am just after an update, as per "How is progress of Qobuz US catalogue size..."

21 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Hi, yes the DAC appears and there is sound using WASAPI driver. But it's not 'Exclusive Mode'. Windows sound can still play to the DAC at the same time. This is one advantage of 'Exclusive Mode'. Just like the Tidal Desktop app allows...

You can ameliorate Windows sounds playing. Go to Control Panel. Select "Hardware and  Sounds"/"Sound". Then select your audio device in the Window that loads. Select "Properties" and in "Advanced" check the two Exclusive boxes. For further security from unwanted sounds you could also go back to the Sound window and go to  "Sounds"and  in "Sound Scheme"  select "No Sound".

As I said Qobuz desktop for Windows does offer WASAPI exclusive. So if your DAC driver is allowing Tidal to offer it then here seems to be a fault if Qobuz is not. That is not a Qobuz development item ( as the facility already exists) but a fault or glitch which may relate to your particular DAC driver in the Qobuz environment and I think that you need to raise this with Qobuz customer service.

20 minutes ago, PAR said:

That is not a Qobuz development item

Are you on the Qobuz dev team?

If so, is the 1000 track playlist limit going soon? Or the limit is still there?

And the My Qobuz feature will launch in 2019? To get notified of new releases by all artists that I 'follow' in Qobuz...

No I am nothing to do with Qobuz except as a customer. However as the WASAPI Exclusive Mode is already available  then I deduced that it cannot be in development.

Incidentally some time a year or so back I was using  WASAPI Exclusive with Qobuz and found a glitch with it when used in conjunction with my particular DAC's driver when playing 24/192 files ( not that there are many of these in any case).  The solution ( for my particular circumstances) was to switch to ASIO. As per my advice earlier about configuring Windows sound, by doing this I have never had a single Windows noise interrupt the music from Qobuz. These days however I no longer normally access Qobuz via the Windows app. I just use the latter to read the excellent added content.

I have subscribed to Qobuz (Sublime+) and enjoyed to discover a lot of interesting music ( a lot in hires). My account was in French and I asked them to switch to English or German. So they changed my account to US and roughly 40% of my music favorites becomes unavailable (streaming and download). I contacted Qobuz and Sebastian from Qobuz helped me to get access to some of them again but I am amazed that such high percentage of albums (which are not exactly mainstream but then why you need a streaming service for the obvious) are restricted. 

This also makes me think that my searches will omit a lot of interesting music I could find before.

Just today Amazon announced its HD service. I still have to figure out how I can use it with my equipment (Innuos Zenith) as I want to keep my computer away from my music system and test Amazon sound quality and music selections. I hope Qobuz figures out how I can access the full catalog or it will become irrelevant.

45 minutes ago, monteverdi said:

My account was in French and I asked them to switch to English or German.

You do not need to change accounts to change language when using the Qobuz desktop app. On this you can just go into your account , select Interface which gives an opportunity to have the app display in English (British), English (US), German, Spanish, French or Italian.

I am assuming that as you access Qobuz via an Innuos device this option is unavailable. This is at least partly because what is called an API ( Application programming Interface),  which is supplied by Qobuz to its partner companies so that they can provide access to Qobuz  via their products, does not contain every element that the full application does, including account access ( I just checked this on my dCS Mosaic Control which provides my Qobuz access via dCS' development of the  API supplied to them).

If you want to use your Innuos to access the new Amazon HD service then Innuos will need to secure the API from Amazon and add this facility as an upgrade to the Innuos software. Even if they started to do this tomorrow it will probably take quite some time for them to develop and sign it off for release.

If you read back through this entire forum you will find that you are not being restricted to any catalogue items by Qobuz. Qobuz is relatively new to the USA and as this is a new territory for them has had to ( and is continuing to) license huge amounts of repertoire for America. Rights that may be available for the EU are not necessarily available or even have the same owner for the USA. So what you got from Qobuz France will not be the same, at least for some time.

I don't think that there is any immediate solution to your problem. You cannot yet access AmazonHD via Innuos and, of course,  while you wait for this to happen ( if it does) Qobuz will be adding to their catalogue anyway and you may end up in effectively the same place 😊. BTW Qobuz will also be licensing repertoire in  the USA which is not available on their European services. As we Brits say;  what you lose on the roundabouts you gain on the swings.

Thanks for that reply. I tried before just to change language but I think I could not figure that out with a French account. I could use Qobuz with my Innuos via Logitech media player but it is not so elegant. I had a Roon trial  and using Quobuz worked great until Roon updated itself and it just did not worked never again in spite spending 2 month with Roon and Innuos support to solve that problem.

I can understand that Qobuz has not the full catalog in the US but I feel the US catalog is severely dumbed down (I never thought Tidal has interesting music).

I think there is since today even more pressure on smaller Streamer services, Spotify may react to Amazon by having a CD-qality or higher service.

Look out Qobuz, Amazon made the big announcement today.

David, if you guys want to stay ahead better talk to the bosses about gearing up that multich streaming  program.

So far you guys are the only ones doing anything there, the market is wide open.

@David Craff @dmackta

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:51 PM, asdf1000 said:

Are you on the Qobuz dev team?

If so, is the 1000 track playlist limit going soon? Or the limit is still there?

And the My Qobuz feature will launch in 2019? To get notified of new releases by all artists that I 'follow' in Qobuz...

The limit for playlist will stay at 1000 track.

My Qobuz will arrive. But we have more important release before. Try to launch before the end of this year.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 7/8/2019 at 1:54 PM, Martin H said:

I have tried to follow this set of posts and make some sense of it because I haven't really noticed any particular issue and certainly not any fundamental failure or flaw in the search. Like any search (or database) there will be the odd quirk or anomaly but nothing that consistently breaks the overall experience. To brand the search feature as 'ruined' and 'it's impossible to find anything now' seems way over the top and can't help your cause Polyglot. I am not sure which O/S you are on but I regularly use the windows/android (mobile)/ios (old and new ipads) versions and they all seem to work. I am UK based and so can't speak for the US catalogue but that doesn't seem to be the problem you are having. 

(Polyglot) - Re your other beef re the performance on your laptop. If you are only using this device for playing music, aren't there far cheaper options available today rather than replacing your old laptop with a new one for $400? It's difficult to tell from your posts how old or under-powered your device is but as it has worked well on my last 3 smartphones I am surprised you are having major issues. If your kit is today below the norm (and I assume it must be or this thread would be bombarded with similar posts) I am not sure sure how reasonable it is to expect them to re-engineer it for you. It's a regular occurrence on Apple devices for instance where latest apps will no longer work and you decide to upgrade or not. I am not arguing the latter is a good thing but more that it's a reality and expecting that to change seems unlikely somehow and you will surely be disappointed. 

Despite those comments - I do hope things improve for you but I don't think an aggressive stance will help.  

Hi,

We will soon launch a beta phase on our search engine improvements.

If you would like to be part of the beta testers, please contact me privately and provide me with your email address and operating system.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 10.34.58 AM.png

6 minutes ago, goon525 said:

I may be being dim, but on my iPhone at least I can’t see a way to contact David privately- is there a PM function on this forum, and if so where’s it hidden? I’d be interested in participating in this beta.

Hover over his username and click message.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I subscribed at the beginning of US service and have had zero problems until last week. Suddenly I'm having dropouts - a series of short ones then music for several minutes, then sporadic short dropouts again. Server is via Aurender N100H which plays internally stored music perfectly.