IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

"

hello,

i signed up for the studio subscription and my paypal was charged 249.00 dollars. when i play the music it only plays for 20--30 sec. i contacted customer support they said i needed to select a plan, if i do that i'll be charged again. paypal won't delete the original transaction, on 9/1/19, because it's a subscription service.

any suggestions?"

So you were charged for a subscription to Qobuz on 1st September  and you have been listening to 30 sec excerpts ever since?

Further, you say that you paid $249 for a Studio subscription? No, it is $24.99 a month which will be automatically debited from your bank account month by month until you cancel it .  Further there is normally 14 days free trial so you haven't even exceeded that yet. If you tried to open the account on 1st September no money will yet have transferred. Or did you open the account in August? Paying for Studio is selecting a plan. NB: You cancel a Qobuz subscription by going to the Qobuz app and to "My Account"  (see top of app) and doing it there.

I can only advise as a European Qobuz subscriber ( UK) and USA may be a bit different, but once your payment was accepted by Qobuz  you should have received an email welcoming you . Did you have something like that? It will contain a link to a page where you set up your login. Once done your login will open the application and you will probably be offered to click on a link to a tour of the Qobuz app so you can learn how to use it. Once you have done this then Qobuz will be fully open.

I have to say that at first sight if you are correct about the $249 then PayPal may have paid Qobuz an incorrect sum ( or you have authorised PayPal to do it). As it doesn't relate to any of the Qobuz plans then Qobuz may not know what to do with it and haven't either opened your account or sent you the welcome email. How does that scenario sound?   Normally Qobuz will not debit your account until any free period has concluded and you haven't cancelled during it. Has any money actually been debited from your account? have you checked any credit card  or bank statement?

If Qobuz have been advising you to open a plan to deal with your problem my guess is that you think you have opened a Qobuz account but actually haven't.

Just one small point. Sometimes Qobuz will post an album that has not yet been released. In that case you may only be allowed 30 sec clips as a taster until it is actually released. I suppose that you may have been trying pre-release albums exclusively until now which would explain things ( if unlikely). Similarly if a hi-res version is available sometimes the record label will embargo it until the initial release period has expired and only allow CD resolution during that period ( a bit like movie companies who "window" access).

1 hour ago, drmike said:

hello,

i signed up for the studio subscription and my paypal was charged 249.00 dollars. when i play the music it only plays for 20--30 sec. i contacted customer support they said i needed to select a plan, if i do that i'll be charged again. paypal won't delete the original transaction, on 9/1/19, because it's a subscription service.

any suggestions?

thanks,

drmike

@drmike we'll need a little more information. Which app(s) are you using (Win/Mac/iPhone/Android or the website)? Which albums don't play, or is it all albums? What else can you tell us? It's possible you're not logged in, or as @PAR said maybe you're listening only to samples of tracks not available for streaming at this time. The more you can tell us, the more we or the Qobuz folks on this thread may be able to help.

@PAR in the USA Studio is $24.99 per month or $249.00 per year: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

3 minutes ago, left channel said:

@PAR in the USA Studio is $24.99 per month or $249.00 per year: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

In the UK we only get it as a monthly option ( £24.99). How come we don't get the chance to save £50? The only annual sub is for Sublime +. ( £299.99 ; obviously £300 would be totally out of the question 😉).

Thanks for the link to the US webpage. If I try to see Qobuz pages in the US from the UK I am normally automatically redirected back to the UK.

I now really think that the OP has either not opened his account by creating his login or that his application to join has not, for some reason, been actioned.

Agreed, the more that he can tell us the better.

I had a similar issue when I first signed on. Don’t remember the details, but I thought I’d paid and signed up, but I’d only signed up. In any case, if you can’t figure it out, contact Qobuz support. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

13 hours ago, PAR said:

In the UK we only get it as a monthly option ( £24.99). How come we don't get the chance to save £50? The only annual sub is for Sublime +. ( £299.99 ; obviously £300 would be totally out of the question 😉).

All 3 Qobuz UK plans on the website show a discounted price for a 12 month subscription.

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

19 hours ago, drmike said:

hello,

any suggestions?

thanks,

drmike

Hi,

Sign in on www.qobuz.com and go here https://www.qobuz.com/account/music-streaming

Did you see an active plan here ?

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

4 hours ago, church_mouse said:

All 3 Qobuz UK plans on the website show a discounted price for a 12 month subscription.

Thanks church_mouse.  You are, of course, correct. Unfortunately Qobuz show this information on their  home page in light grey type against a white background.  Sadly I suffer from vision impairment which means that I can't easily see such graphics.  I only found it by your kindly bringing it to my attention. 

Still, I won't gain anything already being a Sublime + member  ( in my second year of this level and I expect I will carry on with it in the future as the download discounts are very useful for me).

On 8/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, David Craff said:

In progress but no date to be communicated.

Sorry

I wish this was the only issue with the CarPlay support. When launching Qobuz in CarPlay you need to unlock the phone, otherwise no content shows on the car screen. In addition, there seems to be a limitation on the number of songs in a playlist CarPlay can show. So again need to reach out to the phone in search of the song. Frustrating. I hope this is fixed soon!

@David Craff I'm having an issue with Qobuz and an EVGA Nu Audio card.

In the attached screenshot, the Nu Audio ASIO is showing up under the Internal heading rather than the Speakers heading.  Is that the way it's supposed to be?  Note that under Speakers the only options are Wasapi and DirectSound.  I am using the analog outputs of the EVGA card with active monitors.

Here's why I'm asking.  While streaming from Qobuz, I was browsing CNN and I found that audio from CNN was playing at the same time as a track I was streaming from Qobuz.  So obviously Qobuz did not have exclusive control of the audio device.

I'm trying to figure out whether the problem is with Qobuz or with the EVGA Nu Audio driver.  I have a problem ticket open with EVGA, but I want to get your perspective on this as well.

Nu Audio Qobuz.png

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

6 hours ago, drmike said:

still can't play songs, still being charged by quobuz $249.99 for studio subscription. sent my paypal transaction # to qobuz, still waiting!

drmike

Make sure you are logging in with the Qobuz credentials associated with your paid subscription.  I once had a similar problem and it turned out that I had two sets of Qobuz credentials ... one associated with a trial and one associated with my subscription.

Sorry if this isn't the nature of your problem.  I'm just trying to help you resolve this while you wait from a response from Qobuz.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

13 hours ago, rickca said:

@David Craff I'm having an issue with Qobuz and an EVGA Nu Audio card.

In the attached screenshot, the Nu Audio ASIO is showing up under the Internal heading rather than the Speakers heading.  Is that the way it's supposed to be?  Note that under Speakers the only options are Wasapi and DirectSound.  I am using the analog outputs of the EVGA card with active monitors.

Here's why I'm asking.  While streaming from Qobuz, I was browsing CNN and I found that audio from CNN was playing at the same time as a track I was streaming from Qobuz.  So obviously Qobuz did not have exclusive control of the audio device.

I'm trying to figure out whether the problem is with Qobuz or with the EVGA Nu Audio driver.  I have a problem ticket open with EVGA, but I want to get your perspective on this as well.

Nu Audio Qobuz.png

HI,

On Windows, any audio output will have at least the native modes: "DirectSound", "Wasapi" and "Wasapi Exclusive". The ASIO mode is not one of them. It is therefore necessary to have a specific driver at the audio output for this mode.
This driver will generate another audio output even if it is the same for you physically.
That's why it appears this way in the outputs of the Qobuz desktop.

We didn't try to make the connection, but it's something we're going to look at.

Some applications are able to simulate an ASIO mode such as "Asio4All". But this is not the case with our application.

The exclusive control is only available with Wasapi Exclusive Mode

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Qobuz Download tarball does not contain the album art you have to download that separately.

I know that this is a small thing but I am trying to automate the backup of these for myself and others.  Not having a single file is odd and annoying.

I am interested in the fact that the downloads are compressed into .tar files.  Not something that most consumers are familiar with.  But it works for me.

Oh and for grins the files app on iPadOS 13.1 will copy the tarball to a SMB share and uncompressed it.

RJF

57 minutes ago, bobfa said:

Qobuz Download tarball does not contain the album art you have to download that separately.

I know that this is a small thing but I am trying to automate the backup of these for myself and others.  Not having a single file is odd and annoying.

I am interested in the fact that the downloads are compressed into .tar files.  Not something that most consumers are familiar with.  But it works for me.

Oh and for grins the files app on iPadOS 13.1 will copy the tarball to a SMB share and uncompressed it.

RJF

Agree. Qobuz should simply install a popup dialog  asking where to send the files.The purchaser would then be able to select where the file should be d/l to. Way too simple for Qobuz.

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

If you choose .tar FLAC downloads then there is no particular need to download the artwork. FLAC includes ID3 metadata which is embedded in the FLAC files and includes the artwork. You have to download the CD booklet separately however.

As for greyscale's comment, you set the destination of the download in your account in the Qobuz app. See "Music Download" . This is if you download to the app. Otherwise you set the destination in your browser's download manager, as normal.

15 minutes ago, PAR said:

If you choose .tar FLAC downloads then there is no particular need to download the artwork. FLAC includes ID3 metadata which is embedded in the FLAC files and includes the artwork. You have to download the CD booklet separately however.

As for greyscale's comment, you set the destination of the download in your account in the Qobuz app. See "Music Download" . This is if you download to the app. Otherwise you set the destination in your browser's download manager, as normal.

Does Qobuz actually embed album art into the files? 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png