IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

47 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Question for the folks who have being using Qobuz for awhile.  Can you let me know how I can configure Qobuz to continue playing similar songs/artist once the last song in a playlist has ended.  Looking for something similar to what Spotify does when playlist ends or what Deezer does with Flow.  I use the Spotify functionality to discover new music and I cannot seem to find how to do that under Qobuz.

For those using LMS (Squeezebox Server), the Don't Stop the Music / LastMix plugin may be able to do this with Qobuz. However in the official Qobuz apps, right now the Qobuz-created Playlists may be the closest you'll get.

I'd be willing to bet they'll eventually create something like Spotify Autoplay or the artist-themed Radio features on other services. Maybe they haven't focused on that yet because the current core user base seems very particular — almost obsessive — about what music plays next.  (I resemble that remark. ? )

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

42 minutes ago, left channel said:

For those using LMS (Squeezebox Server), the Don't Stop the Music / LastMix plugin may be able to do this with Qobuz. However in the official Qobuz apps, right now the Qobuz-created Playlists may be the closest you'll get.

I'd be willing to bet they'll eventually create something like Spotify Autoplay or the artist-themed Radio features on other services. Maybe they haven't focused on that yet because the current core user base seems very particular — almost obsessive — about what music plays next.  (I resemble that remark. ? )

Yeah, I am completely opposite.  I rarely listen to a complete album :) and majority of the time I like to listen to random bits.  I guess I got into the habit of randomness trying to get the kids more involved in listening to music so had to play some of the music that they liked.

43 minutes ago, left channel said:

The latest update to the Windows app seems to have removed the UPnP/DLNA beta, as David recommended.

I am running 4.0.28-b022 and I am still seeing the option for DLNA/UPNP.  

Did anyone else notice that Soundiiz free account no longer has option for Qobuz.  Two weeks ago I was able to convert a playlist from web to Qobuz but that option is no longer available.  I need to figure out how I am going to convert my Spotify playlist over.

10 hours ago, left channel said:

The latest update to the Windows app seems to have removed the UPnP/DLNA beta, as David recommended.

Good.  This is what I thought Qobuz should do given that I haven't heard of any DLNA renderers that actually worked with the code.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 hours ago, Guido Del Giudice said:

here in Italy the Qobuz server is having serious issues...all users have lost the option to play "my favoutites" content, it comes up empty....has happened now twice this week and is till not working for anyone...

Same issue with my account. The qobuz.com website shows "My Favorites", but the qobuz app or desktop software does not.

12 hours ago, left channel said:

Maybe this is actually an upgrade, and now the app it knows it's not compatible with my MPD/DLNA and Squeezebox streamers. That would be interesting too.

I am still seeing the option under mine and I am seeing HQPlayer Embedded based renderer and upmpdcli/mpd.

6 hours ago, rickca said:

Good.  This is what I thought Qobuz should do given that I haven't heard of any DLNA renderers that actually worked with the code.  

I have gotten it to work with HQPlayer Embedded but right now it only plays one song at at a time.  It is having a hard time sending the subsequent song from playlist.  I have not sat down and collected logs to forward to support, since David has said that the team is busy with US launch.  I will wait after the launch to run some debugging sessions and provide feedback.

On 8/25/2018 at 7:09 PM, shadowlight said:

Heard back from Soundiiz support that Qobuz support will be back on the 27th.  That is the fastest response that I have gotten from support (16 minutes based on time stamp) and the response was from Thomas one of the Cofounder based on the email signature.

Just saw this. I just went to Soundiiz and the Qobuz site is up again. Wasn't aware that it was down.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:24 AM, Guido Del Giudice said:

here in Italy the Qobuz server is having serious issues...all users have lost the option to play "my favoutites" content, it comes up empty....has happened now twice this week and is till not working for anyone...

Everyone was experiencing glitches... They were doing upgrade and maintenance. There will likely be more while transitions take place and improvements are made.

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

CD quality for both, and the Qobuz 16/44 sounds near indistinguishable from my local files.

Interesting.

Of course it makes no sense if you're streaming the same files over the internet but I don't doubt you. I've heard stranger things myself.

Unless it's not the same files being streamed between the services.

Anyway probably something for a different thread. I've seen this observation before too.

4 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

This file specifically if you want to give it a try.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 6.37.03 PM.png

Thanks, will do when I'm on the iMac.

Why does top right say 16/44 and top left says 24/88?

Do you get that with both Tidal and Qobuz streaming of this file?