IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Just now, shadowlight said:

Sorry, no clue on the sluggishness issue.

I have the same problem.  The responsiveness is highly variable.  On some days, it is fine, on other days it takes forever to search or even to scroll albums. It seems to freeze and slowly starts to respond.

9 hours ago, David Young said:

Hi @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist, would you comment on the response from Qobuz Germany that Qobuz integration with Roon is planned by the end of 2018?

1541626997_ScreenShot2018-08-18at7_08_27AM.thumb.jpg.73e5f6d48982dfd50becf05152582c97.jpg

English translation of Qobuz Germany response: "Their efforts have been worthwhile, and by the end of this year we are indeed looking to integrate Roon. As soon as the time comes, you will be informed about our blog and Facebook."

Original post:

https://www.aktives-hoeren.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9915

I understand, of course, that not all plans come fruition within intended timeframes but it's exciting news to me none-the-less.

Thanks very much!

David

My lips are sealed... but that would be some excellent news. If this were true, it would really open up connectivity. ?

2 hours ago, serendipitydawg said:

Thanks shadowlight! It would appear that it's never too late to learn something new about Windows!

In all the years of using Windows 7 I have never created a shortcut from scratch before.

I now have an icon on the desktop, however when I fire it upthe Qobuz app is sluggish to useless.

Any further ideas anyone?

Right clicking on the desktop shortcut and selecting properties should bring up a window showing the full path to where it is accessing the program.  It will open up to the shortcuts tab but you can also explore permissions from this window.

If that is no help try remaking the link.  Easiest way is right clicking on the program inside the Windows 7 start button program list and selecting send to desktop (or something very similar).

1 hour ago, serendipitydawg said:

Thanks!

Does anyone else have any ideas?

You guys jinxed me also ?

Ran into it while on wireless connection in the basement where signal strength is around 2 bars, the song stopped playing and the app was now responsive.

Moved the connection over to wired.  If it happens again I will start the process of trying to narrow it down.  Internet connection is Fios Gigabit so I should be ok there.  If I find the solution I will report back.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:59 PM, Cebolla said:

Hi nbpf,

I didn't realise that Qobuz currently only provides the option to download your purchased music file tracks contained in the (Linux favoured) tar archive file format. The zip archive format that I'd downloaded before appears to be no longer available from Qobuz, so no point suggesting you use that instead!

Using the Linux tar command on my Raspberry Pi (under the latest DietPi distro) to extract or simply list the contents of the Qobuz downloaded tar files definitely produces the "A lone zero block" warning message, though as you say the command otherwise completes as normal. Interestingly, there's no warning message when I use the Windows Z-Zip application (recommended by Qobuz for Windows users) to extract the tar file's contents.

Curiosity got the better of me, so I did an online search & had a 'look at the GNU tar file format doc and realised that the block referred to by the tar command warning message was always the final block (tar files use 512 byte blocks). Also, the tar file is supposed to have two zero filled blocks at the end of the file used to indicate its end.

I fired up a hex editor to examine the tar files from Qobuz and sure enough they only use one zero filled block for the end of file marker, hence the warning message. A quick but careful copy and paste to add the missing zero block and bye bye Linux tar command warning message. Also, the Windows Z-Zip application still work with the corrected Qobuz tar files.

Thanks Cebolla, now I know for sure that all the work that I have done to edit the metadata of my Qobuz downloads was not in vain! I strongly suspected that the files were actually fine, now I know it for sure, thanks! At this point the most annoying issue that I have with Qobuz are the random jumps to the next track documented in https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/tickets/11/. I understand that this issue is not trivial but it would have been nice if Qobuz had at least reacted to my mails on the subject. On the Naim forum some users have recently reported very helpful feedback from Qobuz, others very lousy. Perhaps the quality of the support is  country-dependent, I do not know. Anyway, my Sublime subscription is valid until the 22nd of November. Short before that date I will test download an album to see if they have managed to correct at least the issue with .tar files. Best, nbpf 

1 hour ago, nbpf said:

At this point the most annoying issue that I have with Qobuz are the random jumps to the next track documented in https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/tickets/11/.

Can you provide the links to the albums that you seem to have consistent problems with and I will see if I can reproduce it.  Please correct me but I believe you are using BubbleUPnP Server (to create OpenHome endpoint), MPD with upmpdcli as DLNA/UPnP as renderer with all of the components running on uRendu.  Is that correct?  I do not have the exact setup but my setup is BubbleUPnP client on Android as control point, HQPlayer Embedded as DLNA/UPnP renderer.

I know your preference is to continue using MPD/umpmpdcli but have you tried another renderer for testing purpose to see if both have the same issue? 

Sorry, part of my IT engineering background kicking to identify the root cause on why something is not working correctly. 

I will try the song that @sockpitposted about in the CA thread that you linked as a starting point with BubbleUPnP and HQPe.

Listen to the album Tchaikovsky : Symphony No.6 by Teodor Currentzis on Qobuzhttp://open.qobuz.com/album/0886446239934 

I ran the test with the Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.6 by Teodor Currentzis using BubbleUPnP Android client as controller and HQPlayer Embedded as renderer and I did not have any issues.  Next step is to see if I can build a RPi or PC with MPD/upmpdcli and run the same test to see if the issue crops up.  That test will have to wait until next weekend though.  

12 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Can you provide the links to the albums that you seem to have consistent problems with and I will see if I can reproduce it.  Please correct me but I believe you are using BubbleUPnP Server (to create OpenHome endpoint), MPD with upmpdcli as DLNA/UPnP as renderer with all of the components running on uRendu.  Is that correct?  I do not have the exact setup but my setup is BubbleUPnP client on Android as control point, HQPlayer Embedded as DLNA/UPnP renderer.

I know your preference is to continue using MPD/umpmpdcli but have you tried another renderer for testing purpose to see if both have the same issue? 

Sorry, part of my IT engineering background kicking to identify the root cause on why something is not working correctly. 

I will try the song that @sockpitposted about in the CA thread that you linked as a starting point with BubbleUPnP and HQPe.

Listen to the album Tchaikovsky : Symphony No.6 by Teodor Currentzis on Qobuzhttp://open.qobuz.com/album/0886446239934 

Thanks shadowlight! The issue affects both Qobuz and Tidal streams and is well documented here: https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues/241. A typical album for which I often experience track skips is Mahler's 5th by Adam Fischer and the Düsseldorfer Symphoniker: https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/mahler-symphony-no-5-adam-fischer-dusseldorfer-symphoniker/zd4qncl5iz11a. Best, nbpf

1 hour ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

We're looking at Oct. We're doing beta testing as we speak. Thanks for the note.

That's good news and really hoping for full Roon integration.   Not a Tidal fan and reluctantly pay my $20+/month bill for it simply because it's reasonably well integrated with Roon.  An alternative would be most welcome.  

9 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Hello everyone, We have several shows we'll be attending. Each has named Qobuz the official hi-res streaming service of the show. Our first will be Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, followed by NY Audio Show and Capital Audiofest in November. Hopefull some of you can make it to one of these shows where we can meet in person.

Hi David, I’ll be at RMAF, so will look forward to meeting you in person.

8 hours ago, austinpop said:

Hi David, I’ll be at RMAF, so will look forward to meeting you in person.

I was really looking forward to making it this year, but we have out of town guests.  Next year.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just now, austinpop said:

Bummer, Jud! 

I will just look forward to seeing you there next year.  :) 

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@nbpf, I have a working system with Volumio, MPD, upmpdcli and upmpdcli-qobuz for 16-bit music but with 24-bit music I get white-noise.  I think I am missing some configuration under mpd/upmpdcli, if you know of anything that will help me remove the white-noise let me know what changes needs to be in place for it to make it work.  I can test similar setup as you with Linn Kazoo, mdp/upmpdcli configured as OpenHome renderer.  I only get white noise when I am using Linn Kazoo which uses the upmpdcli-qobuz plugin.  If I use BubbleDS on a Android device which I believe bypasses upmpdcli-qobuz plugin I am able to play 24-bit files just fine.

For now, I am going to call it a night and pick it up tomorrow night.

6 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@nbpf, I have a working system with Volumio, MPD, upmpdcli and upmpdcli-qobuz for 16-bit music but with 24-bit music I get white-noise.  I think I am missing some configuration under mpd/upmpdcli, if you know of anything that will help me remove the white-noise let me know what changes needs to be in place for it to make it work.  I can test similar setup as you with Linn Kazoo, mdp/upmpdcli configured as OpenHome renderer.  I only get white noise when I am using Linn Kazoo which uses the upmpdcli-qobuz plugin.  If I use BubbleDS on a Android device which I believe bypasses upmpdcli-qobuz plugin I am able to play 24-bit files just fine.

For now, I am going to call it a night and pick it up tomorrow night.

You might Google around for discussions between the upmpdcli developer and the Kazoo folks - there was a conversation about this topic, but I thought the problem was resolved (maybe not in Volumio?).

8 hours ago, shadowlight said:

I don't remember any of the old Linn Kazoo / upmpdcli issues having anything to do with getting noise when playing 24-bit files. The upmpdcli manual does warn that some versions of MPD itself have problems playing WAV & AIFF files greater than 16-bit via HTTP, so would include UPnP streaming:

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/upmpdcli-manual.html#UPMPDCLI-RENDERER-FORMATS

However, not sure how you'd be streaming 24-bit files in an uncompressed PCM file format from Qobuz, as both the BubbleDS Next Android app & upmpdcli-qobuz plugin only provide FLAC files - unless something else is involved in the mix, such as if for some reason you are using a BubbleUPnP Server created OpenHome renderer and have enabled its optional Audio decoding to PCM (ffmpeg) setting. 

Certainly avoid using Volumio for upmpdcli/MPD testing, anyway, as those applications come as part of the installation, so you have very little control (if any) of the versions of them that Volumio is using. I'd instead use one of the standard distros for the RPi, such as Raspbian or DietPi, so that you have full control over what versions of MPD & upmpdcli are installed.

BTW, you should be able to access Qobuz provided by the upmpdcli-qobuz plugin, instead of Qobuz provided by the Local and Cloud library on the BubbleDS Next Android app, if you select the UPMpd-mediaserver library - it should be selectable just like any other UPnP media server on the network.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

1 hour ago, shadowlight said:

I update to the latest version of upmpdcli on Volumio before I started testing.  No BubbleUPnP Server involved in the mix.

It's been a while since I played with Volumio, but isn't manual/apt-get updates, even of its individual bits and pieces, discouraged?

Anyway, try to get the latest build possible for a working MPD, as well - if anything that's more important, for the reason I mentioned earlier. Further info in the Known problems section (just below News) on upmpdcli site main page:

http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/index.html#news

The relatively wide usage of upmpdcli and other UPnP mpd front-ends have intensified the testing of the mpd HTTP input plugin quite a lot (because that's how the data is pulled when using UPnP). This has lead to the correction of a number of bugs and bad interactions between the curl input plugin and some decoder plugins. These fix problems (bad sound, clicks, pops, up to pseudo-white-noise) which may depend both on the track format and bitrate. As far as I know most or all these problems are fixed in the current MPD versions (0.19 and later), but, unfortunately, many common Linux distributions lag quite a bit behind current MPD versions. I have set up backport repositories for recent MPD releases for Debian and Ubuntu in hope that they may help with these issues.

1 hour ago, shadowlight said:

I really should stop posting in the Qobuz thread, since the issue is really outside of Qobuz :)

You're not the only one - been guilty of going waay off topic already on this thread. :)

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Question for the folks who have being using Qobuz for awhile.  Can you let me know how I can configure Qobuz to continue playing similar songs/artist once the last song in a playlist has ended.  Looking for something similar to what Spotify does when playlist ends or what Deezer does with Flow.  I use the Spotify functionality to discover new music and I cannot seem to find how to do that under Qobuz.