IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 1/25/2019 at 5:25 PM, firedog said:

Okay, so I've now found that Qobuz has populated my Qobuz "favorites"  with some albums on it's own - there are things there that it is not possible I ever put them in my account. How do I prevent this? I haven't found a setting that would explain that behavior.

We do not intervene in a client's library. Did you used Soundiiz to move your favorite to Qobuz ?

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 1/26/2019 at 5:22 AM, bobflood said:

FYI Qobuz,

I am having trouble with playback of some but not all 96/24 and 192/24 content when using the Win 10 Desktop App. The same content does play using the Web Player and Roon.

Hi

Can you give some example and how to get this issue. And more information like OS version, Qobuz Desktop Version, Audio device etc...

Regards

On 1/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, exdmd said:

Same here On Win 10 but I have not tried the web player. Using Wasapi exclusive mode sound on the version 5.0.2-b002 desktop app begins to distort after about five minutes of playing requiring a restart. Because of that I am using Audirvana+ for Qobuz instead of the app but go back occasionally to get the latest update to see if the problem has been fixed. Tried it again last night and distortion still present.

Hi,

Sorry never aware about this issue before. Do you have the same when playing on Wasapi without exclusive mode ? And why playing with exclusive mode ?

When you have this issue, is it with all track or the track you listen is longer than 5 minutes ?

Regards

On 1/27/2019 at 5:16 PM, tomjtx said:

I like the SQ of qobuz with the Studio sub. 

However I did encounter a problem in purchasing a recording from the qobuz store. 

I use Roon integrated to qobuz for streaming. I purchased a recording, Barbara singing French songs. What was downloaded to my Macbook Pro was a beand doing early 60s pop/rock! To double check this was NOT what I purchased I streamed the correct recording and it was correct.

I realize I'm in the beta and this post is more to let qobuz know about this problem and , Get a refund or the correct recording 🙂

The other problem was I couldn't download to the qobuz app on my Mac. I had to download a tor file.

When I download from HDtracks the file automatically goes to an HDtracks folder when Roon sees. 

Downloading a tor file I would need to point roon to a new folder for each recording I buy.

I hope this issues can be addressed. So that all downloads from the qobuz store goes into 1 qobuz folder

Hi

Can you give me the share link of the album you can listen but get another when downloading ?

You can download from Qobuz Desktop App, when you do that, file are store on this directory :

Computer > Users > Your profile > Musique > Qobuz

image.thumb.png.0d1c8b1afe1ed64d0a2179aecf538cf0.png

Add this directory to Roon and you can see them after.

Be aware of this is only for download, not for import, that can be view an play only by Qobuz Desktop

On 1/27/2019 at 5:57 PM, greyscale said:

Does Qobuz need feedback on the DNLA beta? Will not work with a network (LAN) Marantz sr8012. FWIW, Qobuz from Audirvana + works fine.

Thanks but we do not need feedback. We know that our Beta is not  fully working. And we know what we must do for that. But we are blocked by the security of our audio streams.

8 hours ago, Hugo9000 said:

*sigh* ...and today, nothing is playing gaplessly, after a few days of flawless playback of the same operas and other works...

(still using the Windows desktop app, no settings changed)

Jinxed by playing some music by the evil Richard Wagner, perhaps 😱 Or maybe it was the Bruckner symphonies last night, and now the app has indigestion.  At least I have my ≈3000 CD collection to fall back on.  I've been using my trial to do comparison listening so I can report back to friends and family who don't have physical collections of music.

Can you make a test and clear the Qobuz App Cache.

5 minutes ago, firedog said:

Yes. I think now it was their error in matching albums. I eliminated the ones that I didn't want and the issue hasn't re-occurred.
Although for the life of me I can't imagine how they came up with some of the ones their algorithm picked - children's music, new age, chinese pop,  christmas songs - none of which I have anywhere in my collection.

We have to check with us if they use our search engine to find product or with id product.

27 minutes ago, Martin H said:

David,

Just to check on this. I understand that there are issues with the current implementation and that you know what they are. But are you saying that you also you believe that you will soon have a working solution or are you saying that the audio stream security will prevent you from providing a solution. 

Apologies for being pedantic with this but I would just like to be clear because this is a feature I would use every day if possible (on a windows 10 desktop and probably from an ipad too if it was possible to retain the hi res quality. 

Regards,

Sorry, I don't know yet

15 minutes ago, mourip said:

Thanks for the reply.

Correct. That is true when in the actual Qobuz app ...but I use Roon to get to QB now.

When viewing my Qobuz Playlists in Roon I do not get those view choices, just a list of tracks that include all albums.

Roon is free of their UX design and interface. I invite you to submit this request to them

38 minutes ago, exdmd said:

Hi David,

We talked about this issue by PM back in November you might recall. The Qobuz app came configured to use Wasapi exclusive mode which is also what I use with Tidal. I can't finish a track without sound starting to distort. Switching to Wasapi (non exclusive mode) gets rid of the distortion but causes drop outs which get worse as tracks play. I also notice that on Wasapi non exclusive 24/192 tracks only play at 24/96 e.g Eric Clapton's Slowhand. These problems happen with all tracks. I have no playback problems when I access Qobuz using Audirvana+ for Windows 10 which is what I routinely use now. Others are also having problems with the Windows app as reported on other forums.

Ok sorry lot's of PM and think to do :) Thanks for the recall. I will investigate this issue again. Can you tell me your audio device ?

Regards

7 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

I clear the Qobuz app cache periodically through the day, and have done that each day since I began the trial.  So there was nothing unusual about yesterday in that regard, and the settings were all the same as they had been on the prior couple of days where everything played perfectly.  I am about to open the app now to see if it's working again or not.

Dev team is working on this issue for Windows. 

8 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@David Craff @exdmd I read @exdmd above post and it peaked my interest.

There are four versions on Qobuz app of Slowhand 24/192 24/96 and 2 at 16/44 pretty much the same on ROON in Qobuz there is one version at 24/192 it plays with 3 white LED's through my ME2 DAC. And it sounds wonderful.

On TIDAL app there are 4 versions 2 MASTERS/MQA one plays with 2 LED lights blue and white the other one blue light and 2 white LED's.

I hear no distortion on any of the versions and no dropouts(have never had any dropouts ever on Qobuz/TIDAL ROON or A+3 and I hardly ever clear my cache-should I?))

All these versions sound excellent regardless of the 'player' where I might have a suggestion of difference( ie improvement of SQ separation bass ect) is with my Sennheiser 598's or RS-195's headphones.

BUT I have a Mac Mini late 2012 i7 with 16GB RAM and Apple Time Capsule Tower 2TB WiFi so could it be a factor of a PC requiring Wasapi driver? And how much difference in SQ can any of us possibly detect except as subjective hearing/listening experience? To my 70 yo ears all of this sounds absolutely marvelous- a little better here a little better there.

And @Jud I couldn't agree with you more- it is so pleasant on this topic/forum- it must be because Qobuz has made all of us more mellow,sedate and 'chillaxed'.

bobbmd

Sorry I don't understand your question !!

15 minutes ago, RolandGo said:

HI David,

when I play downloaded albums via Carplay, the songs are played in a random order instead of the album order. Any idea what might cause that?

Thanks in advance,

Roland

I will ask the iOS Product Manager about this issue.  You do not active shuffle play ?

On 1/26/2019 at 3:51 AM, bobbmd said:

In any event ALL my TIDAL and Qobuz playlists I transferred to Soundiiz transferred to Qobuz USA(although not 100% of the TIDAL songs/albums in each playlist- but what the heck).

For your information, Soundiiz will now use our new search engine and id product to have better result.

11 hours ago, ddetaey said:

After updating the firmware of my T+A 8 DSD dac limiting playback of DSD from native Linux to DSD256, I have experienced not one dropout or any other disruption.

So the occasional dropouts were due to the DAc, and had nothing to do with Qobuz.

I am really excited by the catalog and SQ of Qobuz.

Dirk

Thanks for this feedback.

This and the application Freeze issues are our first priority. We have notice too that this can come from the audio driver. If you have this with Qobuz Desktop, can you try this :
- Check that the audio output selected for Qobuz is not the same than the one for your OS (Windows)
-  Use the default audio output from your computer, you must have one integrated to you motherboard
- Don not use the exclusive Wasapi mode for Qobuz Desktop and OS, at the same time

And give me feedbacks about this.

Regards

41 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@David Craff

My post of 1/25/2019 at 08:24 pm wasn't really a question just my observations in regards to @exdmd comments on Clapton's Slowhand versions.

But about emptying the cache in Qobuz I don't think I ever cleared the cache even when I had my French account and now it says if you clear the cache on my USA Studio account it will delete my favorites etc-why does one need to clear the cache and what should cache size be set at I have it set at 'comfort' 30.0  Go and storage used by cache is 11/9 Go on my account

What do you think of my observation that Qobuz plays my MQA TIDAL playlists I made and transferred via Soundiiz play HiRes at 24/88 24/96 or 24/192?

I personally think your support is superb and the SQ in any form I use Qobuz either the desktop app or A+3 or ROON is exceptional-thanks

Where did you read that "clear cache will delete your favorite". This is not possible !!! Favorite are saved on our server for your account when cache is only on your computer or smartphone.

Sometimes when we make a big update release, cache and music import must be remove or need to be remove. That prevent bug, and sometimes we change the cache managing and so can't use the older one.

You are free to choose the size of cache, but remember that cache is functionality only manage by the application, to give you comfort in use.  Cache can be use for saving screen, content or music you have read.

The import is different, the size depends only on the storage capacity of your device. And your are the only one to manage it.

1 hour ago, Hugo9000 said:

Perhaps he misread this:

That caution is noted under the spot in cache management where it allows the user to specify a different path from the default.

This is only about cache not favorite or purchased. You are the only one who can clear your favorites.

15 hours ago, wwc said:

I'm only interested because I have heard that offline music cached provides better sound quality than directly streamed.

Have you found that to be the case?

Sound quality is the same from streaming & offline.

13 hours ago, phosphorein said:

This is so true! I tried to jump backwards in my queue and immediately received a "cache corrupted" message.

This issue is in progress for desktop app.