IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

47 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Guys, again, whenever I read “Qobuz app” here I cringe inside. If you use Qobuz, get Audirvana.

I'm curious to know why Audirvana and not the Qobuz application. If you can tell me more, we could improve the Qobuz application.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

16 hours ago, austinpop said:

And thank you in turn for listening to our feedback!

I hope I speak for most of us when I say these feature requests are not criticisms, but stem from a desire for an already great service to be even better for our needs.

I'm agree with that and we'll try to meet your wishes

20 hours ago, left channel said:

Earlier in this thread it was confirmed that the official Qobuz desktop app will display the Hi-Res logo when an album is available for purchase in Hi-Res, even if it is not available for streaming in Hi-Res. I just tested the same album in LMS, and indeed although the meta data third-parties can grab hands them a "Hi-Res" tag, the album streamed at 943kbps which is CD-quality. Personally I have never encountered this difference in purchase vs. streaming rights with other music on Qobuz, and I suspect it is not a widespread problem. In the post I linked to here, @David Craff stated they are working on this.

For information; Qobuz Desktop use Qobuz API (Web Service) to get content. Every applications using Qobuz are using the Qobuz API and of course have this issue.

15 hours ago, jacobacci said:

What is it about DLNA that makes it so difficult for Qobuz to solve? AFAIK, Volumio is a fairly well behaved and standard client.

Official Qobuz Applications are audio streamer. This mean that we play an audio file directly from Qobuz Server. The DLNA beta on Qobuz Desktop do the same, just send the audio file url to DLNA Device. However, the parameters of our servers (header/response) are problematic for a very large majority of DLNA-compatible devices and it is not possible to review these parameters because they are important for proper operation.

Only solution is to save the audio file on our application, transform the application into DLNA Server, and push the new url to DLNA device. It sounds simple like that but it doesn't have it.  Of course that's what others like Roon, Audirvana, Bubble UPnP do, but that's not how Qobuz works. We need to improve our applications to achieve this.

35 minutes ago, jacobacci said:

David, thanks for acknowledging that this is a priority for Qobuz. I am hoping that it will resolved soon. DLNA is extremely important from a customer perspective, as it is the gateway to a large number of devices.

Google seems to have blessed me with a newer FW than the one you have. Possibly things are broken again with this one.

One more reason to get DLNA working. It is definitely not a good thing to have a shaky platform like Google Chromecast Audio as your primary delivery mechanism for tablet users.

I would appreciate it, if you could emphasize the importance of this stuff to product management. Qobuz is great from a music choice and hires quality perspective. But the technical site definitely is its achilles' heel.

I did not say it's a  priority for Qobuz. For me is  very important, I know that we must do that, but we have to secure the audio stream too and this one can be a big problem for DLNA. I do my best. And of course I don't  whant  to have only Chromecast choice for network streaming.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:02 PM, jacobacci said:

Thanks @David Craff

That is good news and will go a long way to improve the situation.

After investigation: the latest version of the Google SDK for Google Cast is not yet gapless compatible.  We have just migrated our entire Google Cast application to this new SDK, which allows us to provide many additional features and fix operating issues.

We will continue our research to find a solution to this problem.

PS : Roon offers gapless via a chromecast, either by a custom receiver and in this case does not use the latest Google SDK or partially, or by offering a continuous stream. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, curtpenn said:

I've been happily streaming Tidal HiFi for about a year now and using it via Apple Car Play since last summer when I bought a new car. I spend almost 2 hours per day commuting, so integration into my car's sound system is probably my top priority - regardless of the whole MQA debate. I would consider switching to Qobuz if I could still control my playlists while driving through my steering wheel controls as I do now with Tidal and Car Play. Anyone have any experience with this?

Hi,

Our iOS application can now be use with Car Play but only for local music.

Regards

9 minutes ago, mourip said:

So this brings up a question. What does "local music" mean? Is this music that you have made the choice "Add to Library" or music that you have purchased through Qobuz? For that matter what does "Add to Library mean?

I am pretty sure that you do not mean music on your IOS device that you put their by other means like a CD rip?

Local music is :

- Music in cache when you listen it, but the cache size is not expending, so it's work in fifo mode (first in is first out)

- Music that you decided to import

Purchased music is not local music and purchased music can't be download from iOS App.

7 minutes ago, firedog said:

@David Craff

I just got accepted to Qobuz Beta USA. I tried to sign up with my email address as instructed but the site insists on redirecting me to the French site. I assume this is because I once had a "French" Qobuz account. I don't want the French account anymore at all. I've written to Qobuz support about this, but haven't yet gotten an answer. I assume you guys are pretty busy at support these days.

I also tried adding Qobuz to my Roon setup. It works, I can see "my" albums, but I can't stream anything. All streaming attempts through Roon fail. I can stream through the Qobuz app on both my tablet and PC, but not through Roon on either platform.
Is my failure to be able to stream due to my "conflicting" accounts? The Roon site has other users with a similar problem, BTW.
I'll PM you my email address on file at Qobuz, maybe that will help you answer.

Hi,

Sorry but I can't manage kind of issue with Qobuz Beta USA or account, you must wait our customer support answer or you can contact us at this email too [email protected]

Regards

32 minutes ago, Jud said:

Hi David - 

Just to avoid any future confusion (or possibly auto-"correct" errors) :) :

- Gender is male or female.

- Genre (no accent on the final e for us English speakers) is classical, blues, rock, etc.

My bad, sorry

10 hours ago, curtpenn said:

Still confused about this. I have unlimited data so I stream music through my iPhone both at home to an Airport Express and mostly while in the car through Car Play (mostly because I prefer Waze for navigation and can only use it through Car Play). I believe Tidal also allows me to download and save to my iPhone, but I've never needed to use that since I have unlimited data streaming via cell phone.

I understand, actually we have only implement Car Play to local music, next step is to use streaming music.

On 1/25/2019 at 1:53 PM, mourip said:

Question...

When I open my personal Playlists in the QB desktop app it shows just album icons, no track list ...unless I click on an album.

When I go to my QB personal playlists in Roon it just shows a very, very long list of all of the tracks from all of the albums in that playlist. I can click on the album name to see just the information from just that one album but this way of doing things seems very bulky.

I looked for a "view" setting but did not find one. Does anyone know how to initially see just the album icons in for one's QB playlists in Roon or is this just the way it is?

I am still accessing my account through Great Britain, not the US beta.

Hi,

On the playlist page, you have 3 different views on the right  :

- Track list

- Album list

- Album + Track list

image.thumb.png.7e6be72319e18a77fb3ecc02bea50fa8.png