IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

4 minutes ago, rickca said:

Chrome and other browsers are moving to DNS over HTTPS, so DNS lookups will be encrypted.  But I think the DNS provider has to support the protocol.

And the biggest pushback has come from ISPs and those more interested in controlling this traffic. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, bobfa said:

@bobbmd

I will have to write up something to de-mystify the DNS setting.   This is something that you can ?NORMALLY? Change about your network.  Changing DNS is a very very good tool in your toolbox.  This is nothing to be feared.  

It’s like using a different mapping application on one’s phone. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

27 minutes ago, bobflood said:

AT&T fiber gateways prevent DNS change. If you want to use an alternate DNS server you have to put a third party router after it and put it in the IP Pass-through mode. The current firmware is stable in this configuration in my setup.

Wow. 

I have CenturyLink fiber and replaced it’s equipment as soon as I could. It may have the same DNS restrictions. 

9 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

To set your own DNS using Comcast/Xfinity hardware you have to disable Safe Browsing, or Protected Browsing, whatever they call it.  You still can't change it on the device, but when you change your computers DNS settings, it actually works rather than being re-directed to Comcasts DNS service.

Saw this at a gas station on 22nd and Lyndale yesterday 

FBB967D2-4579-45FF-894B-B1B0150F0FE1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, left channel said:

It's a small subset of the audiophile market, but partnerships with exaSound and whoever else makes multichannel DACs could help pull in another four or so every once in a while.

I’m with you. It was only a joke. I wish I had a multi channel setup. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

If it were a service I were personally providing I'd be extremely interested in learning users' frustrations with it. This is very valuable information that would help me correct details that I would not otherwise be aware of and which would incur high costs for me to identify on my own, thus being able to provide a better product and survive in the marketplace while profiting from it.

Regarding CDs, for someone who loves music and is not just looking for 'convenience', they are an enduring treasure, and I continue to purchase as many as I can. I will likely still be listening to them long after the current crop of streaming services has gone extinct as the market for music continues to evolve. Just the other day I was listening to Wetz's Violin Concerto on streaming and it suffered from a jarring break between tracks where the movement flows seamlessly into the next one. For thirty years of listening to music on CD before the advent of streaming I never experienced this, or the interminable amount of frustration new technology has made possible for us. Things simply worked flawlessly, all the time, and you didn't have to deal with endless, stupid technology issues. You introduced the CD, pressed play, and that was it. Perfect sound forever!

Oh well, back to troubleshooting, I hope all our eyes and ears can make Qobuz─certainly the best of all these streaming services─a better product for all of us to enjoy. Cheer up.

It seems like all the advantages of streaming just aren't for you. 

4 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

In any case, it seems people here are disinclined to discussion, so let's leave it at that

Given that this site has been around for 2 years and you've been here for about 1.5 year, I'd say you haven't seen most of the discussions. People here love to discuss everything. Too much! 

I'd say your comments above come off as pompous, patronizing, and like you parachuted in here to offer information that nobody other than you could possibly know. Followed by how you'd run the business if it was yours. Just my observation of your comments. Nothing personal. Perhaps I've misunderstood you.

The Qobuz team has been here since they launched and have listened to everyone. They didn't listen to you but decided to other larger issues first. 

Again, nothing personal.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, deho said:
After months of trials to use mConnect Player HD and despite the latest update 3.3.25,  I still have problems when streaming Qobuz (or Tidal) HiRes files to my Technics SU-R1 network player.
  • drop-outs and lags with HiRes files from Qobuz or Tidal, it works seamlessly with standard resolution files 
  • the network connections do not appear to be the culprit since I have a stable high internet throughput of average 80-100Mb/s and all the system is connected through a gigabit LAN + wifi routed through a Synology Router RT2600ac
  • the Technics SU-R1 network player buffer capacity doesn’t appear either to be the culprit since streaming Qobuz or Tidal HiRes file works seamlessly after installing BubbleUpNp on my Synology NAS and using on my iPad an OpenHome compatible control application like Lumin or Linn Kazoo.

After having contacted Technics products support, they made some trials with mConnect and answered me (I quote them) : " the quantity of datas sent by the mConnect App to the network player is very significant and overload its the capacity, which then provoke lags or abandon of the reading."

I'm quite surprised since it works well with other OpenHome applications. Does mConnect make some treatment to the streamed audio files which increase their size ???

Welcome to the world of UPnP, the most nonstandard standard in the audio world. 

35 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

It's not really anything to do with UPnP or OpenHome as such, but how the the network player streams the audio file data. as an http client, from the http server that the audio file tracks are originally being supplied from, ie, Qobuz's online server:

- The mconnect Player app supplies the network player with the audio file track URLs that resolve (directly) to Qobuz's online server;

- The BubbleUPnP Server's create an OpenHome renderer function supplies the network player with audio file track URLs that resolve to its own (proxy) http server. It is the BubbleUPnP Server that is actually fetching the file tracks directly from Qobuz's online server, so it is buffering them for the network player.

Note: the BubbleUPnP Server's create an OpenHome renderer function 'tricks' the OpenHome controllers into controlling it as the OpenHome renderer, not the associated network player the OpenHome renderer was created for. The BubbleUPnP Server translates the OpenHome controller commands into standard UPnP controller commands, which it then sends to the associated network player - so the network player is still being controlled by a UPnP controller, albeit the BubbleUPnP Server's own private internal one!

Also, bear in mind true OpenHome network players, like those made by Linn and Lumin, also stream the audio file tracks directly from Qobuz's online server.

It looks like Technics SU-R1 is ok when receiving Qobuz's hi-res audio file tracks when they are being buffered by the BubbleUPnP Server running on your Synology NAS, but has problems when receiving them directly from Qobuz's online server.

It's possible that the buffering of the audio file tracks by the BubbleUPnP Server on its own is what is helping the SU-R1 or, as I mentioned in my last post, the BubbleUPnP Server may be set (in its Advanced settings) to alter the hi-res file track data itself by transcoding to a lower sample rate and/or bit depth and this is what is actually helping it.

Doesn’t this have everything to do with how UPnP works, in that it doesn’t set actual standards? Roon’s RAAT doesn’t have this issue, neither do USB connected devices. It’s a protocol thing and UPnP is the Wild West. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...