IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

42 minutes ago, krisstack said:

I had read that some things were only available for download in hi-res, so thought that could be part of my issue.  I just tried so many different albums I didn't think I'd be so unlucky that was the case every time.  Could someone suggest an album that they know will stream in hi-res that I could try.

Also during this trial, do we not have the ability to buy an album and download it?  I tried for example with the Lars Danielsson album Summerwind, but it fails when I click on access payment.  I'm assuming this is because you don't have a credit card assigned for billing in my account, and it isn't setup to prompt for payment for just the current transaction.  I couldn't seem to find a place within my profile to add a payment method.  If this isn't ready, no big deal, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. 

Here is an example of an issue with this supplier who for each version of the release will provide us with a different product entity instead of a single entity that contains the whole.

https://open.qobuz.com/artist/75739

Sort the albums by release date and you will have for the last album of this group : 6 versions: 4 only for the download in deluxe version or not and Hi-Res or not and two versions only for the streaming in deluxe version or not.

We are working on a generic solution to group identical albums into one.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

49 minutes ago, krisstack said:

Also during this trial, do we not have the ability to buy an album and download it?  I tried for example with the Lars Danielsson album Summerwind, but it fails when I click on access payment.  I'm assuming this is because you don't have a credit card assigned for billing in my account, and it isn't setup to prompt for payment for just the current transaction.  I couldn't seem to find a place within my profile to add a payment method.  If this isn't ready, no big deal, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. 

The trial period and purchase are two completely independent things. The trial period is associated with your streaming subscription. You are free to buy with or without a streaming subscription, the albums and tracks that are available on www.qobuz.com

It is not possible to save a payment method on your profile

2 minutes ago, krisstack said:

image.thumb.png.3eeca979d3c1bd497b32a1ef17400709.png

I thought I had tried that before, but just checked again using the MacOS desktop client connected via USB to Auralic Vega DAC.  As you can see I have selected Hi-Res 24 bit/up to 192 kHz, but the client shows that it is playing at 16 bit/44.1 kHz.  My Audio MIDI settings are 192/24, and the DAC is displaying 192 because of those settings.  When I use Lightning DS and the Auralic Aries connected to the Vega to play the album from Qobuz, the DAC displays 44.1.  As a sanity check, I played items in my local library using Lightning DS and different sample rates, and the Vega DAC display the sample rate correctly.  I also tried playing the album using Audirvana on my Mac, and again the Vega DAC reports 44.1.

What might I be doing wrong?  Is there some setting I should check.

Contact me by MP, I can check with your log et pass.

13 minutes ago, left channel said:

They don't have the staff and budget for Swedish localization (in other words, translation and related adjustments to the website and apps). Even without localization, they would need to make changes to accept payments from Sweden. Qobuz is a small company, and I suspect they are quite overwhelmed with preparing for the US launch.

If we have the listening rights to our catalogue, what remains to be verified will be the technical issues. Adding a country to our service is not done in 5 minutes. Not to mention the payment methods to be taken into account.

2 minutes ago, left channel said:

Have you ever tried to update a system to accept a new currency and/or verifications from a new country market, including PayPal and credit card APIs? It takes time. Developer time and tester time. Especially if your system chokes on some Swedish names or addresses. Yes, even in this century, that still happens.

Also as David mentioned in his reply to me above — and I'm surprised he didn't mention this problem first — they don't necessarily have licenses from all the music labels to offer their entire catalog in Sweden. The labels definitely live in the last century.

I don't tell that we do not have licenses for this country, I think we have for all europe, but it's not my job so we need to check this.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:21 PM, exdmd said:

For those using the latest desktop app for Windows 10 what have you found the optimum playback settings to be? I am using:

QhA8CBw.png

but since little guidance is given I am wondering if the settings should be tweaked more for best sound quality.

The sound quality cannot be improved with the application settings, only your experience will be improved

1 hour ago, jacobacci said:

I was using my Chromecast Audio to stream some audio files using the Android Qobuz app as control point. Playback had around 0.5 second gaps between tracks (Ravel Daphnis et Chloe which has continuous music spanning tracks). I know this issue has been there forever, but is anyone aware whether Qobuz are doing anything to fix this? Roon is able to stream to Chromecast Audio absolutely gaplessly, so it seems to be doable.

Hi,

Qobuz Android App (for Chromecast) and Qobuz Google Cast App are in the process of being corrected.

2 minutes ago, Fridolin said:

In the desktop app for MacOS you can mark your desired titles in a playlist, then right click on the selection and choose "add to playlists". Then you can choose from the set of playlists you have created before and thus copy the selected titles to the end of your (new) playlist.

Fred

Thanks, that's the way. We have on the back log the ability to directly copy / clone a playlist. This feature will happen one day

6 minutes ago, Martin H said:

Thanks for confirming David and good to hear it will be enhanced later but that is fine for me as it is. 

Really looking forward to the UpnP fixes so that I can push playlists directly to my Linn DS but realise that you guys have things to do right now. Please keep us posted on likely dates for this and if you ever need testers let me know. 

One thing on the upnp thing I noticed the other day having idly tried it again just to see if by some fluke it would work. 

I went to Kazoo (which is the Linn DS control app) and watched the Kazoo screen while selecting the DS in the Qobuz app. The DS changes from whatever it was and shows UPnp but sits there 'stopped'. If I click on the play button (repeatedly) it flashes up the right track album cover but immediately stops - I never hear anything. 

Wondered if knowing that helps your programmers or not. Perhaps you already know what the issue is. As you will know there is already Linn/Qobuz integration within Kazoo and so Qobuz works fine on the DS that way but it is the Qobuz 'app experience' that we miss out on which I really like. 

Anyway - thanks again. 

We have a good idea of what we need to do to make UPnP work on our applications. I hope we can focus on it soon enough. This is not an easy task but I hope we can propose some functional things at the beginning of the year.

4 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Chromecast Audio and 24/96 is a mess too...  It hasn't worked since around July. Google have acknowledged there is an issue too:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/thread/356030

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/MdzpFrdAeHk

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/chromecast-audio-dropouts/47890/66

@David Craff have Qobuz been in contact with Google about this? If so, can you share if they are even working on a fix?

24/96 streaming to Chromecast Audio from the Qobuz app is not possible - and we don't know if it will ever be fixed.

I've called Google Support and they said they can't comment if a fix will come or not. Very helpful.

Hi,

Yes we have been in contact  with Google for this issue. A new firmware is available or soon (I don't know the deployment rules).

Furthermore Qobuz we will soon launch the new Google Cast interface. This one will use the latest version of the Google SDK.

Only last Android App can use the new Google Cast interface. IOS and Desktop will be update soon.

Regards

12 hours ago, exdmd said:

Yup in Win 10 the desktop app just updated to 5.0.0-b002 also. Haven't used it enough to see if it fixed the issues with distorted playback I was having as Audirvana+ just works so well.

Unless I'm mistaken (which is possible given my state of tiredness) I'm not aware of a distortion problem on the Qobuz application. If this is still the case, please tell me more by private message

11 hours ago, left channel said:

The Win 10 app seems to make more use of Notifications now. It slides a Windows system notification out from the lower right corner of my screen for each new track, which is nice, but also leaves a list of them in the Notifications panel for no apparent reason. They look pretty there but don't seem to do anything, at least when the app is closed. I'll play with it some more, but this seems like just yet another Win 10 annoyance.

Notifications from each app can be turned off in Settings, but that would also kill the brief new track notification slide-out which I do appreciate in this and other apps. Leaving them in the panel long after the app has closed doesn't seem useful to me.

Thanks for this feedback, I will check this...

19 minutes ago, jacobacci said:

Just got the update to 5.0.0 b002 on my Windows laptop

Supposedly some Google Chromecast issues were fixed. However Google Chromecast Audio still does not play gapless. By when will this be fixed?

Roon has been doing gapless to Chromecast for a long time by streaming a contiguous stream from Roon Server. Why can Qobuz not do the same thing from their server when the stream is output? Qobuz addresses itself explicitly to serious classical listeners. Many classical works have music that spans several tracks without interruption.

Sorry, but this is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Hello,

Indeed, recent fixes from Google via the firmware and our Google Cast interface have allowed us to return to a correct functioning.
However, this is not finished, we are working on the new Google Cast interface which will use the latest SDK proposed by Google. New features will then be available and we will make sure that this is the case for the gapless.

Regards

6 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi David, when you say "recent fixes from Google via firmware" does this include the 96kHz Chromecast Audio (TOSlink) dropout issue has been fixed via a firmware update very recently?

Or you've seen the fix for this but it just hasn't been released publicly yet?

The firmware update is about the issues when playing flac audio at the begining and the end of the track. This problem are only on the video chromecast.