IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 12/18/2018 at 12:02 PM, jacobacci said:

Thanks @David Craff

That is good news and will go a long way to improve the situation.

After investigation: the latest version of the Google SDK for Google Cast is not yet gapless compatible.  We have just migrated our entire Google Cast application to this new SDK, which allows us to provide many additional features and fix operating issues.

We will continue our research to find a solution to this problem.

PS : Roon offers gapless via a chromecast, either by a custom receiver and in this case does not use the latest Google SDK or partially, or by offering a continuous stream. 

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

9 hours ago, left channel said:

I used Qobuz to play the Pink Floyd album Dark Side of the Moon last night via LMS/Squeezelite. Entirely gapless, as intended by the artists. Can't imagine what that would have sounded like via Chromecast. Best of luck to the Qobuz team in getting that fixed.

Ironically, you don't actually need to imagine that with your LMS setup. The Chromecast bridge LMS plugin can already get Chromecast devices to play gaplessly, if you engage the Chromecast bridge's Flow transcode option!

Needless to say, Flow provides a continuous audio stream and you even have the clever lossless compression option of encoding that continuous stream in FLAC.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

9 hours ago, David Craff said:

PS : Roon offers gapless via a chromecast, either by a custom receiver and in this case does not use the latest Google SDK or partially, or by offering a continuous stream. 

It would be no surprise that Roon offers a continuous stream to Chromecast devices. The Roon Core Server's standard output (ie, for RAAT supporting devices/Roon Endpoints) is already a continuous audio stream, as opposed to discrete audio file tracks.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Ironically, you don't actually need to imagine that with your LMS setup. The Chromecast bridge LMS plugin can already get Chromecast devices to play gaplessly, if you engage the Chromecast bridge's Flow transcode option!

Needless to say, Flow provides a continuous audio stream and you even have the clever lossless compression option of encoding that continuous stream in FLAC.

Interesting, thanks. I'm once again amazed at all the work that's been done on LMS plugins. No Chromecast devices in use here for music though.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

18 hours ago, David Craff said:

After investigation: the latest version of the Google SDK for Google Cast is not yet gapless compatible.

Thanks for the heads up, David

I am not holding my breath for Google enabling gapless with their SDK. A continuous stream like Roon is using is probably the only way to go in the short term.

So far the (out of the box) most reliable Qobuz experience (incl. gapless) for me has been myVolumio. 

On 11/30/2018 at 3:55 PM, Musicophile said:

@David Craff One feature for the iOS app would be a life changer for me: can the app remember genre selections? Every time I launch I have to select "classical and jazz" manually. I guess we all have our preferred genres, so why this hassle?

Is this for random listening? I’ve never chosen a genre - I choose what I want to listen to, and Qobuz doesn’t need to know its genre to find it.

7 hours ago, goon525 said:

Is this for random listening? I’ve never chosen a genre - I choose what I want to listen to, and Qobuz doesn’t need to know its genre to find it.

No it is for content discovery on the platform. As a blogger I regularly check out the new releases. Or check out Qobuz playlists.

21 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Update to Windows desktop app today.

It's very nice that they include the change log!

[Release 5.0.1]

Interface: Added maximum quality of listening to a track in meta data

Interface: Added Explicit alert for tracks

Interface: Manage label page links in articles and panorama

Interface: Remove white outline on blur effect

Interface: Remove temporary display of unwanted products when changing tabs

Interface: Do not display see more link if no more results

Interface: Playlist name error when unsubscribing

Interface: Improve click area on the Taste of Qobuz cards

Interface: Fixed display problems in the mini player

Interface: Content problem between discover page on playlists

Interface: Changing the Sharing icon

Interface: New design of a track when clicking and moving

Interface: The title of a playlist in panorama is not clickable

Interface: Uniformity of artist, album, playlist descriptions popin...

Interface: Improved popin design

Interface: Change the filter Tous to Toutes for playlists for the French language

Interface: Fixed display of author name too large in a panorama

Interface: Fixed cover ratio of playlist card

Interface: Remove limit of top tracks display for an artist's page

System: Added Paste to clipboard function in the search field

System: Added Remove album from a playlist in album view mode

System: Remove metadata for pre-ordered albums

Audio: Fixed Read Next malfunction

Audio: Can't choose Hi-Res quality with the latest version of Chrome

Audio: Can't seek in the track with the latest version of Chrome

Audio: Can't play more than 10 minutes, no sound on next track

Interface: Fixed display problem with Asio audio outputs during playback

Interface: Added import quality for a playlist

System: Fixed track import goes from one account to another

System: Save the option display only complete albums on user settings

Audio: The volulme levels are now progressive

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

17 minutes ago, left channel said:

It's very nice that they include the change log!

Where did you find this?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's