IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, left channel said:

Many are successfully streaming Qobuz on Allo boxes by running Squeezelite in DietPi, with LMS and the Qobuz plugin on a PC (perhaps also running DietPi) or on an NAS.

No issues at all using Qobuz  with GMRender on Dietpi and Aurdirvana +.  Works fine,  but can't wait until the native apps support DLNA/UPnP.   Even better when Qobuz is fully integrated with Roon. 

4 minutes ago, left channel said:

@dmormerod here's another idea. Thanks @TAV.

Thanks.  I agree I can't wait for the Roon integration, that will make it much easier. I'll have to have a play and see why I couldn't get it working yesterday.  I'm on a Mac rather than a PC, but hopefully, that shouldn't make any difference.

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

4 minutes ago, dmormerod said:

Thanks.  I agree I can't wait for the Roon integration, that will make it much easier. I'll have to have a play and see why I couldn't get it working yesterday.  I'm on a Mac rather than a PC, but hopefully, that shouldn't make any difference.

The Mac shouldn't make a difference at all. LMS or A+ or whatever on the Mac, and a corresponding client on the Allo. Are you working only with the Qobuz app's beta UPnP support? I wonder if it can see GMRender. What exactly are you running there?

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

1 minute ago, left channel said:

The Mac shouldn't make a difference at all. LMS or A+ or whatever on the Mac, and a corresponding client on the Are you working only with the Qobuz app's beta UPnP support? I wonder if it can see GMRender. What exactly are you running there?

I using the Qobuz client on the Mac and the built-in DLNA/UPnP (beta). It see's the DietPi device but when I attempt to play it eventually comes back with Transport Errors.  I only tried it briefly and didn't spend a huge amount of time trying to fix it. I can do more investigation this evening.

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

1 minute ago, left channel said:

The Mac shouldn't make a difference at all. LMS or A+ or whatever on the Mac, and a corresponding client on the Are you working only with the Qobuz app's beta UPnP support? I wonder if it can see GMRender. What exactly are you running there?

I use a Macbook Pro for my A + installation.  BTW,  Qobuz also works great on my secondary system with SOtM SMS-200 using MPD/DLNA service and A +.   

1 minute ago, dmormerod said:

I using the Qobuz client on the Mac and the built-in DLNA/UPnP (beta). It see's the DietPi device but when I attempt to play it eventually comes back with Transport Errors.  I only tried it briefly and didn't spend a huge amount of time trying to fix it. I can do more investigation this evening.

OK but which UPnP renderer on the DietPi?

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

1 hour ago, Cebolla said:

Ironically, @bubbleguuum's Chromecast supporting apps don't get them to play gaplessly like the Qobuz app

Thanks, @Cebolla

Is streaming from the Qobuz (Android) app to Chromecast Audio really gapless?

That would be a great progress.

I am using

• Cast FW 1.36.141215
  • Qobuz App for Android 5.1.3

No luck with gapless playing Charles Dutoit's Daphnis and Chloe (continuous music across tracks). There is a silent gap of around half a second between tracks.

Hires tracks play with quite severe interruptions. 44.1kHz plays fine.

Windows:

• JS Version 5.0.1-b006
  • Desktop Version 5.0.1-b002

Same behavior as with Android app.

Ok, Chromecast Audio has its own set of challenges.

So next I tried DLNA, hoping some progress had been made in that area:

No DLNA functionality found in Android app.

DLNA activated in Windows app. Streaming to Volumio client not possible. When trying to play back to Volumio, the choice of renderer falls back to laptop speakers.

Next I tried BubbleUPnP with the Volumio client. Perfect playback, gapless, the lot.

What is it about DLNA that makes it so difficult for Qobuz to solve? AFAIK, Volumio is a fairly well behaved and standard client.

Just now, dmormerod said:

v6.18.14. No I haven't tried reinstalling GMRender.

I'd try reinstalling.  It's always wise to be prepared to reflash the card if anything goes sideways anyways.  I keep two flash cards on hand with same configuration so I can quickly recover from any problem.    

15 hours ago, jacobacci said:

What is it about DLNA that makes it so difficult for Qobuz to solve? AFAIK, Volumio is a fairly well behaved and standard client.

Official Qobuz Applications are audio streamer. This mean that we play an audio file directly from Qobuz Server. The DLNA beta on Qobuz Desktop do the same, just send the audio file url to DLNA Device. However, the parameters of our servers (header/response) are problematic for a very large majority of DLNA-compatible devices and it is not possible to review these parameters because they are important for proper operation.

Only solution is to save the audio file on our application, transform the application into DLNA Server, and push the new url to DLNA device. It sounds simple like that but it doesn't have it.  Of course that's what others like Roon, Audirvana, Bubble UPnP do, but that's not how Qobuz works. We need to improve our applications to achieve this.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

5 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Only solution is to save the audio file on our application, transform the application into DLNA Server, and push the new url to DLNA device. It sounds simple like that but it doesn't have it.  Of course that's what others like Roon, Audirvana, Bubble UPnP do, but that's not how Qobuz works. We need to improve our applications to achieve this.

David, thanks for acknowledging that this is a priority for Qobuz. I am hoping that it will resolved soon. DLNA is extremely important from a customer perspective, as it is the gateway to a large number of devices.

Google seems to have blessed me with a newer FW than the one you have. Possibly things are broken again with this one.

One more reason to get DLNA working. It is definitely not a good thing to have a shaky platform like Google Chromecast Audio as your primary delivery mechanism for tablet users.

I would appreciate it, if you could emphasize the importance of this stuff to product management. Qobuz is great from a music choice and hires quality perspective. But the technical site definitely is its achilles' heel.

16 hours ago, jacobacci said:

Thanks, @Cebolla

Is streaming from the Qobuz (Android) app to Chromecast Audio really gapless?

That would be a great progress.

I am using

• Cast FW 1.36.141215
  • Qobuz App for Android 5.1.3

No luck with gapless playing Charles Dutoit's Daphnis and Chloe (continuous music across tracks). There is a silent gap of around half a second between tracks.

Hires tracks play with quite severe interruptions. 44.1kHz plays fine.

Windows:

• JS Version 5.0.1-b006
  • Desktop Version 5.0.1-b002

Same behavior as with Android app.

Ok, Chromecast Audio has its own set of challenges.

Sorry, looks like I worded that statement poorly and you took the opposite meaning to what I intended for the Qobuz Android app. Indeed, both the Qobuz app & the BubbleUPnP app can't get Chromecast devices to play gaplessly.

My main intention was to highlight Bubbleguuum's comments on the matter, particularly that the current only viable fix, the so called "continuous stream" solution to get the Chromecast devices to play gaplessly, isn't as straight forward as you might expect.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

35 minutes ago, jacobacci said:

David, thanks for acknowledging that this is a priority for Qobuz. I am hoping that it will resolved soon. DLNA is extremely important from a customer perspective, as it is the gateway to a large number of devices.

Google seems to have blessed me with a newer FW than the one you have. Possibly things are broken again with this one.

One more reason to get DLNA working. It is definitely not a good thing to have a shaky platform like Google Chromecast Audio as your primary delivery mechanism for tablet users.

I would appreciate it, if you could emphasize the importance of this stuff to product management. Qobuz is great from a music choice and hires quality perspective. But the technical site definitely is its achilles' heel.

I did not say it's a  priority for Qobuz. For me is  very important, I know that we must do that, but we have to secure the audio stream too and this one can be a big problem for DLNA. I do my best. And of course I don't  whant  to have only Chromecast choice for network streaming.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

51 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

My main intention was to highlight Bubbleguuum's comments on the matter, particularly that the current only viable fix, the so called "continuous stream" solution to get the Chromecast devices to play gaplessly, isn't as straight forward as you might expect.

@Cebolla With David's clarification below, I now understand your comment

41 minutes ago, David Craff said:

I did not say it's a  priority for Qobuz. For me is  very important, I know that we must do that, but we have to secure the audio stream too and this one can be a big problem for DLNA.

22 hours ago, shadowlight said:

I am in the same boat with DLNA but I have been using alternative solutions with BubbleUPnP, mConnect and Audirvana until official support is added in Qobuz.

I am also using other solutions for some of my playback devices. The most reliable being myVolumio with its native Qobuz plugin. BubbleUPnP controlling a standard DLNA endpoint also works well incl. gapless.

But for some devices I am using Chromecast audio.

Qobuz seem to be doing some profound changes. The current Windows desktop app (on three different computers) seems to be having issues with gapless. Sometimes playback stalls with a spinning circle where the playback arrow or the pause icon should be.

Hope stability soon returns.

17 hours ago, jacobacci said:

the current Windows desktop app (on three different computers) seems to be having issues with gapless

A clarification of how this manifests itself: The app only loads the next tracks after the previous track has finished playing back. I have a very fast internet connection, but still the buffering of the next track and the start of playback takes around half a second. 

If I recall correctly, the Windows desktop app used to download the whole playlist to local cache. Now it only seems to download the track that is being played.

On one of my PCs I got a message during playback that the cache was corrupted and playback stopped. Emptying the cache did not change this behavior.