IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

13 hours ago, loop7 said:

I'm exploring the desktop Qobuz app both connected directly to a DAC and via Chromecast (the HDMI version).

It seems the Qobuz app doesn't recognize the first generation Chromecast but does recognize the gen 2 Chromecast. 

I'm assuming there are limitations of the first version that make it problematic.

Just an observation.

Hi,

Can you explain the issue you have with  the first generation Chromecast ?

Recently Google made some changes to the Chromecast SDK which generated listening issues between our applications and Chromecast, when everything was working well.  We are in contact with Google to find a solution.

Moreover, a redesign of the Qobuz interface for Chromecast will be available in the coming weeks.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I don't know who to tag here, so I will tag both @damien78 and @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist

One of my frustrations using Audirvana+ with Qobuz is this, I will be searching through for an album and find 5 different versions and have to click on each one to find which is which, or if I can play them at all.  If there was a way you guys could figure out a way to make the searching easier within A+ that would be great.

edit:  Here are 4 examples

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.59.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.59.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.59.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.59.03 PM.png

There is a work in Qobuz to correct this issues. But no date yet.

Regards

3 hours ago, Martin H said:

Just to check my understanding. So the solution you are describing, when in place, should preserve the hires quality (e.g. 24/192 or 96) and the customers local DS/DAC handles the decoding, not the pc. Sounds awesome. 

No. Of course we keep the audio quality but instead of providing at the UPnP output urls of audio files such as "http://www.qobuz.com/fileXXX.flac" we will give urls such as "QobuzDesktop/fileXXX.flac". On these last urls we will be able to do what it takes to make them compatible with UPnP outputs.  The Qobuz Desktop will download  the file from "http://www.qobuz.com/fileXXX.flac" keep in application cache and give another url to de UPnP Output to read this file.

19 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Wouldn't doing that introduce the delay for playback?  For example I want to listen to a complete album, am I going to have to wait until the album is completely downloaded before it will start playback?  Even if it starts playing after the first song is downloaded that is still going to introduce the delay.

I think Qobuz is trying to re-event the wheel here, considering you have at least three examples of UPnP streams working correctly for Qobuz (BubbleUPnP, mConnect and A+).  Maybe Qobuz could collaborate with the authors of those apps to address the issue in the current code.

We do not re-event the wheel and we have already collaborate with BubbleUPnP. 

8 hours ago, loop7 said:

Obviously these are only reproducible on the devices I have so it's anecdotal.  I did factory reset both of the Chromecasts I'm using (Gen 1 and Gen 2)

Using the Mac OS Qobuz app (Mac OS 10.1.6):

Chromecast Gen 1 has never appeared as an output (see image).

Using the Android Qobuz app (OS 9):

1. Chromecast Gen 1 always appears as an output but without the Chromecast label; Chromecast Gen 2 is always labeled.

2. When switching between mp3 and 16/44, the indicator on the display connected to the Chromecast changes but not on the Android app itself; app indicator mp3 icon remains regardless of quality setting.

3. Music playing via the Chromecast Gen 1 rarely seems to skip.

Note: Chromecast Gen 2 plays mp3 quality without any problems but drops out constantly during 16/44 playback, regardless of control application. My wifi and overall network is fairly robust.

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 9.02.08 PM.png

Screenshot_20181025-210338.png

Thanks for this feeback, I will test and check this.

Regards

On 10/29/2018 at 8:34 PM, Martin H said:

Question - I enjoy exploring new music and so Qobuz has been great for that but often you simply aren't aware of bands or albums and so I have found some of my best day's listening has been when I have stumbled across a playlist that someone else has created from their favourite albums or for whatever reason. I have often found these  in blogs, a forum like this, or even some of the mags have reasonab;y good ones. Anyone can create the playlist and make it available which is brilliant but how do you find them? At the moment I don't seem to be able to search for them even if I know they are there. I actually need the exact reference that has to be shared somewhere. Am I missing something? 

I just think this is an excellent piece of the service that is underused. BTW I can find the Qobuz playlists without any problems. The search doesn't seem to access the user playlists, just the Qobuz curated ones. 

Any ideas? 

In fact, you cannot search for a customer's playlist. Only Qobuz playlists or Qobuz partners' playlists are available for consultation.

The next step is to search our customers' playlists.

This one will be available soon, but we can't give you access to all our customers' playlists because some of them are not interesting: 0 tracks, 1 complete album and nothing else, etc.....  Our job is to index, on the search engine, only the customer's playlists that can be interesting and for that we need to apply some restrictions like: playlist with 10 tracks minimum, tracks of 2 different albums minimum etc.....

On 10/30/2018 at 1:34 AM, jvvita said:

Does anyone know  if it is possible for me to import a song into a sd card in my Android phone, then put the same sd card on another android device and play the song through the Qobuz app installed on device number 2? Or, to import the song to a thumb drive inserted in a PC, then use said drive to play the song in another PC?

This is not possible. Import file can only be show and use by the application that dit this import.  Import file are protected and can't be use withe another player.

If you buy an song, you can donwload it and use with other player, but you can't  donwload it, copy to another device and play it with Qobuz App,  because this app doest know that this file come from Qobuz.

6 hours ago, Martin H said:

David, 

Excellent news and of course your explanation makes complete sense. 

I am sure you have more than enough to do at Qobuz but I did always wonder if Qobuz should have a forum for Qobuz users to share their musical discoveries or talk about artists or even just a place where they could post their favourite/recommended playlists. Or maybe simpler just a place that everyone can create their 'super' playlist of their favourite tunes and post it in their name. The forum would handle all of that and add some sort of community but having been around a few forums over the years I realise they can too often disrupted by a mischevious poster and often become difficult to manage. Shame really and happy to wait for the user search.  

Qobuz really is/are excellent. Thanks

We do not  have forum but a old place call User Voice available here : https://qobuz.uservoice.com/

42 minutes ago, beajuju said:

@David Craff  I use Chromecast with my Qobuz iOS app (OS 12.1 and iPhone XS) but since a few months each track in an album seems to glitch by repeating from the start after 2-3 seconds of playback on my Naim Uniti Nova.  No idea if it's a Naim or Qobuz issue but it's beyond frustrating. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello this problem happened with the latest version of the Chromecast firmware launched by Google.

We are in discussion with Google to find a solution. The problem is present when listening to a file in FLAC format.

While waiting for a correction, I invite you to force MP3 playback on a Chromecast.

Regards

On 11/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, Martin H said:

Yes- sorry I am familiar with that help area. But I was thinking more of a place where the Qobuz community could talk and share thoughts and recommendations of the music/artists. So more focused upon the content  and helping each other explore it. The uservoice is a good place to flag issues and problems. Just a thought really. Not critical but maybe enhance the experience a little further.

Hi,

Yes that will be better but not priority for the moment.

14 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Is this just an issue with iOS Google Cast SDK using apps and/or third party Chromecast supporting hardware, such as the Naim Uniti Nova, with the latest Chromecast firmware?

Google's own Chromecast Audio devices are currently playing correctly with Cast firmware version 1.35.137090 (albeit with the expected lack of gapless playback support) when used with the Android version of the Qobuz app.

The problem are on all chromecast vidéo with last firmware, the audio still work well. For third party Chromecast, it depends is they have the lastest  firmware and is this one meet chromecast vidéo or chromecast audio.

17 minutes ago, TAV said:

Any details on the closed beta?  Expected beta duration,  beta open to whom? 

Hope the general rollout is smooth and soon,  I've been using a Society account and overall pleased with a few minor criticisms.  Eagerly awaiting Roon integration as well. 

Sorry I have no more details to communicate about that.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:49 PM, beajuju said:

@David Craff  I use Chromecast with my Qobuz iOS app (OS 12.1 and iPhone XS) but since a few months each track in an album seems to glitch by repeating from the start after 2-3 seconds of playback on my Naim Uniti Nova.  No idea if it's a Naim or Qobuz issue but it's beyond frustrating. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi, can you give me the firmware version of your Chromecast and the type of chromecast  (vidéo, audio, google home with generation) ? You can find it with the app Google Home by clicking on the "Parameter icon" (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7124014?hl=en)

If someone else have  the problem, that can be help us with google.

Regards

17 hours ago, austinpop said:

Thanks for providing this insight into your process. So the key takeaways I got are:

1. Always prefer (use) the label-supplied version, if available, for a given sample rate
    • exception - MP3 is always generated by you from the CD version (which in turn could be label-supplied, or generated by you from high-res)
  2. Never upsample
  3. Fill in gaps at lower sample rates by down converting.
  4. Conversions done with dBpoweramp.

We really appreciate this information!

Well done this is correct :)

On 11/13/2018 at 5:41 AM, krisstack said:

I’m having the same issue- no matter which album I try to stream or save offline, it only plays at 16/44.  My subscription shows Sublime+, and I’ve set both the streaming and import settings to 24/192.  I’ve tried it with both Mac and Windows clients, on iOS, through A+, and Auralic’s Lightning DS app on my Aries.  I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.  It is as if I don’t have a Sublime+ account.

That said, it still sounds really good.  And I like the native app better than the Tidal app.  I’m a Roon lifetime subscriber, so that would be my preferred way to interface with the service once integration has been completed.

Some  of release  display Hi-Res logo but this one is for download only. Actually Qobuz APP can"t  make difference between Hi-Res streaming rights and hi-res purchasable rights. The best of both will be display.

This will be correct asap.

17 hours ago, Summit said:

I have a question for the Qobuz rep.

Why in our digital and economic global world can’t I who lives in Sweden use Qobuz when it is available in many other countries in Europe?

Hi

Above all, it is a strategic choice for the moment. There are no real obstacles if we only use English language for these countries. We will have technical adaptations to implement such as payment..

I think it will come one day but for the moment the focus is on the United States.

Regards

16 minutes ago, krisstack said:

I had read that some things were only available for download in hi-res, so thought that could be part of my issue.  I just tried so many different albums I didn't think I'd be so unlucky that was the case every time.  Could someone suggest an album that they know will stream in hi-res that I could try.

Also during this trial, do we not have the ability to buy an album and download it?  I tried for example with the Lars Danielsson album Summerwind, but it fails when I click on access payment.  I'm assuming this is because you don't have a credit card assigned for billing in my account, and it isn't setup to prompt for payment for just the current transaction.  I couldn't seem to find a place within my profile to add a payment method.  If this isn't ready, no big deal, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. 

Try Random Access Mémories from Daft Punk