Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’m having the same issue- no matter which album I try to stream or save offline, it only plays at 16/44.  My subscription shows Sublime+, and I’ve set both the streaming and import settings to 24/192.  I’ve tried it with both Mac and Windows clients, on iOS, through A+, and Auralic’s Lightning DS app on my Aries.  I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.  It is as if I don’t have a Sublime+ account.

 

That said, it still sounds really good.  And I like the native app better than the Tidal app.  I’m a Roon lifetime subscriber, so that would be my preferred way to interface with the service once integration has been completed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, krisstack said:

I’m having the same issue- no matter which album I try to stream or save offline, it only plays at 16/44.  My subscription shows Sublime+, and I’ve set both the streaming and import settings to 24/192.  I’ve tried it with both Mac and Windows clients, on iOS, through A+, and Auralic’s Lightning DS app on my Aries.  I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.  It is as if I don’t have a Sublime+ account.

 

That said, it still sounds really good.  And I like the native app better than the Tidal app.  I’m a Roon lifetime subscriber, so that would be my preferred way to interface with the service once integration has been completed.

 

Could it be, by any chance, that you have only tried to stream HiRes albums whose listening rights are limited to 16/44 ?

 

As @David Craff explained on 10/18/2018 :

Quote

Currently we display the hi-res logo of an album without distinguishing that it is available for download and/or streaming in this quality. An evolution is underway in our applications to distinguish between the two.

 

The listening and downloading rights are not identical for the same album.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ciao from Italia. A few of you have asked about how to browse through the "bins" that are not available via their apps. It's not difficult...although also not very intuitive. Here's how it's done.

 

1. depending on your location, go to qobuz.com/your country. Mine is qobuz.com/it

2. at the top, click on "boutique digitale" or whatever it is in your language

3. you'll then see a choice of genres

4. select a genre(jazz for example)

5. pick a category(vocal jazz for example)

6. under albums you will find a drop down menu that allows you to drill down in 8 different modes(like label, resolution, composer, etc)

7. choose something you like, make it a favorite and it will appear in your app(after a refresh)

 

voila...have fun!

 

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, damien78 said:

This is in the upcoming 3.5, though I have quite some work still on it.

 

Thanks Damien!

 

I can't seem to get on any Qobuz website but the French version at the moment. Is anyone else having this problem?

No electron left behind...

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I can't seem to get on any Qobuz website but the French version at the moment. Is anyone else having this problem?

 

Not having that problem here, but if it's happening to you try forcing it to English by adding "gb-en" to the url: https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/discover  It's possible their website is detecting French language settings on your system. Or a French cookie from your last visit to their site. Or a croissant. Or something.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, left channel said:

 

I've just now received it. Very attractive design. No prep before upgrading was needed as I don't use it for offline files. 

So the old app updated or did you uninstall? Mine has not updated yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, loop7 said:

So the old app updated or did you uninstall? Mine has not updated yet.

 

The update just appeared in Play by itself. It would have installed automatically, but I have updates on manual. That's the only reason I noticed, then tapped the Update button.

You can try checking "My apps & games" in Play, but updates are spread out to prevent heavy loads on Google's systems and app developers in general, so you may not see it for as much as a week. 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 5:41 AM, krisstack said:

I’m having the same issue- no matter which album I try to stream or save offline, it only plays at 16/44.  My subscription shows Sublime+, and I’ve set both the streaming and import settings to 24/192.  I’ve tried it with both Mac and Windows clients, on iOS, through A+, and Auralic’s Lightning DS app on my Aries.  I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.  It is as if I don’t have a Sublime+ account.

 

That said, it still sounds really good.  And I like the native app better than the Tidal app.  I’m a Roon lifetime subscriber, so that would be my preferred way to interface with the service once integration has been completed.

 

Some  of release  display Hi-Res logo but this one is for download only. Actually Qobuz APP can"t  make difference between Hi-Res streaming rights and hi-res purchasable rights. The best of both will be display.

This will be correct asap.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Summit said:

I have a question for the Qobuz rep.

 

Why in our digital and economic global world can’t I who lives in Sweden use Qobuz when it is available in many other countries in Europe?

 

Hi

 

Above all, it is a strategic choice for the moment. There are no real obstacles if we only use English language for these countries. We will have technical adaptations to implement such as payment..

 

I think it will come one day but for the moment the focus is on the United States.

 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps David from Qobuz can lend a hand...I, as well as many others(judging from their online presence) enjoy Qobuz via LMS/Squeeze plugin. The terrific folks who wrote and maintain the software inform us that the 500 favorites and/or playlists limit cannot be increased from their end. After years as a subscriber, I'm forced to remove existing favorites so that I can access additional favorites.

This is not the case when using the desktop(OSX) app or the IOS app. I'm not keen on replacing my Transporter for the sake of ditching LMS. Please comment. Thank you.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David Craff said:

 

Some  of release  display Hi-Res logo but this one is for download only. Actually Qobuz APP can"t  make difference between Hi-Res streaming rights and hi-res purchasable rights. The best of both will be display.

This will be correct asap.

I had read that some things were only available for download in hi-res, so thought that could be part of my issue.  I just tried so many different albums I didn't think I'd be so unlucky that was the case every time.  Could someone suggest an album that they know will stream in hi-res that I could try.

 

Also during this trial, do we not have the ability to buy an album and download it?  I tried for example with the Lars Danielsson album Summerwind, but it fails when I click on access payment.  I'm assuming this is because you don't have a credit card assigned for billing in my account, and it isn't setup to prompt for payment for just the current transaction.  I couldn't seem to find a place within my profile to add a payment method.  If this isn't ready, no big deal, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, krisstack said:

I had read that some things were only available for download in hi-res, so thought that could be part of my issue.  I just tried so many different albums I didn't think I'd be so unlucky that was the case every time.  Could someone suggest an album that they know will stream in hi-res that I could try.

 

Also during this trial, do we not have the ability to buy an album and download it?  I tried for example with the Lars Danielsson album Summerwind, but it fails when I click on access payment.  I'm assuming this is because you don't have a credit card assigned for billing in my account, and it isn't setup to prompt for payment for just the current transaction.  I couldn't seem to find a place within my profile to add a payment method.  If this isn't ready, no big deal, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. 

 

Try Random Access Mémories from Daft Punk

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, krisstack said:

I had read that some things were only available for download in hi-res, so thought that could be part of my issue.  I just tried so many different albums I didn't think I'd be so unlucky that was the case every time.  Could someone suggest an album that they know will stream in hi-res that I could try.

 

Also during this trial, do we not have the ability to buy an album and download it?  I tried for example with the Lars Danielsson album Summerwind, but it fails when I click on access payment.  I'm assuming this is because you don't have a credit card assigned for billing in my account, and it isn't setup to prompt for payment for just the current transaction.  I couldn't seem to find a place within my profile to add a payment method.  If this isn't ready, no big deal, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. 

 

Here is an example of an issue with this supplier who for each version of the release will provide us with a different product entity instead of a single entity that contains the whole.

 

https://open.qobuz.com/artist/75739

 

Sort the albums by release date and you will have for the last album of this group : 6 versions: 4 only for the download in deluxe version or not and Hi-Res or not and two versions only for the streaming in deluxe version or not.

 

We are working on a generic solution to group identical albums into one.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, krisstack said:

Also during this trial, do we not have the ability to buy an album and download it?  I tried for example with the Lars Danielsson album Summerwind, but it fails when I click on access payment.  I'm assuming this is because you don't have a credit card assigned for billing in my account, and it isn't setup to prompt for payment for just the current transaction.  I couldn't seem to find a place within my profile to add a payment method.  If this isn't ready, no big deal, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. 

 

The trial period and purchase are two completely independent things. The trial period is associated with your streaming subscription. You are free to buy with or without a streaming subscription, the albums and tracks that are available on www.qobuz.com

 

It is not possible to save a payment method on your profile

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Craff said:

 

Try Random Access Mémories from Daft Punk

image.thumb.png.3eeca979d3c1bd497b32a1ef17400709.png

 

I thought I had tried that before, but just checked again using the MacOS desktop client connected via USB to Auralic Vega DAC.  As you can see I have selected Hi-Res 24 bit/up to 192 kHz, but the client shows that it is playing at 16 bit/44.1 kHz.  My Audio MIDI settings are 192/24, and the DAC is displaying 192 because of those settings.  When I use Lightning DS and the Auralic Aries connected to the Vega to play the album from Qobuz, the DAC displays 44.1.  As a sanity check, I played items in my local library using Lightning DS and different sample rates, and the Vega DAC display the sample rate correctly.  I also tried playing the album using Audirvana on my Mac, and again the Vega DAC reports 44.1.

 

What might I be doing wrong?  Is there some setting I should check.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krisstack said:

image.thumb.png.3eeca979d3c1bd497b32a1ef17400709.png

 

I thought I had tried that before, but just checked again using the MacOS desktop client connected via USB to Auralic Vega DAC.  As you can see I have selected Hi-Res 24 bit/up to 192 kHz, but the client shows that it is playing at 16 bit/44.1 kHz.  My Audio MIDI settings are 192/24, and the DAC is displaying 192 because of those settings.  When I use Lightning DS and the Auralic Aries connected to the Vega to play the album from Qobuz, the DAC displays 44.1.  As a sanity check, I played items in my local library using Lightning DS and different sample rates, and the Vega DAC display the sample rate correctly.  I also tried playing the album using Audirvana on my Mac, and again the Vega DAC reports 44.1.

 

What might I be doing wrong?  Is there some setting I should check.

 

Contact me by MP, I can check with your log et pass.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Craff said:

 

We do have a limit of 500 when requesting favorites on our API. But the limit is only on the call in order to limit the response time. However, we can pass the parameters "limit", "offset" and with the total number of favorites, recompose end by end, all the favorites.

 

For example, the first call can forward the first 500 favorites to the user's 2349. Then a second call is made with the "offset" parameter on a value of 501 and the "limit" parameter on a value of 500 to have the next 500 favorites and so on until the total number of favorites is reached.

 

The limit is not mandatory since it is a maximum of 500, but it is preferable to make calls with less results (50 or 100 for example)

grazie, David...I'm a cook and must admit that this is a "bit" over my head...with your permission, I'd like to share this with the experts on the Squeeze forum.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in UK.

 

Lack of integration with Roon etc  is a barrier to adoption  for me, although I understand Bryston may be enabling Quobuz integration on the BDP.

 

Just looked at the shop.  What level of % discount do you get on downloads with Sublime+?

 

And is this the case both for HiRes and RBCD downloads?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Norton said:

Just looked at the shop.  What level of % discount do you get on downloads with Sublime+?

 

And is this the case both for HiRes and RBCD downloads?

The discount only applies to Hi-Res downloads and by no means to all of them.  The discount, when offered, usually allows the purchase of the Hi-Res at RB price but can sometimes be even better.

David

 

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...