Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 7/26/2018 at 9:29 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, I have the Sonore Signature Rendu SE, dCS Rossini, a couple Klipsch Three speakers, and a TV on my network today and the Rendu is the only item that doesn't appear in the Qobuz DLNA / UPnP selection menu. I'll do some thorough testing right now and add some other devices. 

 

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.25.17 AM.png

 

 

 

22 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist

 

Well that is encouraging.

 

In all the years that I have been a Tidal subscriber, not once has Tidal represented themselves here.

 

Welcome!!!

Glad to be here, Rod. Hope I can be of service.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

 

How do you do it? This is what I get:

1.jpg

 

By typing in the phrase and hitting enter.

 

1577800439_ScreenShot2018-07-27at10_12_28AM.thumb.png.45464ff958b5a180649cb65a6b65d92a.png

 


Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

 

I just searched on the web interface for your exact phrases and it brought back a list of albums as you wanted.  The desktop apps are just a wrapper for the web player as far as I can tell.

 

Right.  I've used Qobuz for years and there's never been an issue searching for albums, as far as I know.

 

 

Qobuz 2018-07-27 11-15-30.png


John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - MacMini running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi wireless > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > iFi Audio xDSD + iFi Audio xCAN > Focal Elegia

Home Theater - Mac Mini running Roon Server > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Pioneer Elite SC-81 > MartinLogan Motion series home theater speakers + M&K subwoofer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Polyglot said:

I don't know if this is the right place for the question but, when will Qobuz enable album search? Currently you can only search for artists. If you search for "Haydn Quartets" or "Bach Walcha" you get nothing. This severely hinders discovery, takes all the fun out of streaming, and makes the service very user-unfriendly. 

 

There is also a bug where some album covers won't load.

Hi Polyglot, I'm searching on my Mac w the app and can't seem to duplicate your problem. I just took a stab at one of your searches, whic is fairly wide and came up with this. "Bach Walcha" Please also keep in mind this is the beta version.

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 12.23.27 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

 

By typing in the phrase and hitting enter.

 

1577800439_ScreenShot2018-07-27at10_12_28AM.thumb.png.45464ff958b5a180649cb65a6b65d92a.png

 

 

46 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

 

Right.  I've used Qobuz for years and there's never been an issue searching for albums, as far as I know.

 

 

Qobuz 2018-07-27 11-15-30.png

 

34 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Hi Polyglot, I'm searching on my Mac w the app and can't seem to duplicate your problem. I just took a stab at one of your searches, whic is fairly wide and came up with this. "Bach Walcha" Please also keep in mind this is the beta version.

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 12.23.27 PM.png

 

That is very strange. I am not able to get those results. This is all I get. As you can see, I am only able to search for artists, not albums. That's why I never considered joining Qobuz and stuck instead with CDs and Tidal. What could be the explanation?

 

 

1.jpg

 

3.jpg

4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

That's why I never considered joining Qobuz and stuck with CDs and Tidal. What could be the explanation?

 

Are you saying you aren't a current subscriber?  If so that might explain it.


Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

 

Are you saying you aren't a current subscriber?  If so that might explain it.

 

No. I sample the interface first and if it's no good, I don't proceed any further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

 

No. I sample the interface first and if it's no good, I don't proceed any further.

 

Without knowing which region you are from they can't tell which albums they are allowed to distribute.  It then makes sense to me that you are getting no results.


Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

With time so valuable these days, I could see trying it like this, but we'll have free trials that let you get a more realistic view.

 

This is then the reason why I can't see album results? It seems strange however, since you are able to actually use (some version) of the interface and even play 30 second samples of tracks. You should probably correct this as prospective users such as myself get a distorted impression of your service. I even commented on this on several forums on the internet without anyone correcting me. How many people were discouraged from trying your service because of it?

 

On a side note, users have reported subscribing from regions not officially supported, but when do you believe you will be launching the service in South America?

 

Thank you for your time.

 

17 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

 

Without knowing which region you are from they can't tell which albums they are allowed to distribute.  It then makes sense to me that you are getting no results.

 

That can't be it because I am able to get to all the albums, only by the roundabout way of first selecting an artist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

No plans in the near future that I have heard about. This is definitely walk before run time. 

 

 

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer all these questions.

 

I created another account and on that one I am able to search for albums, so the problem is somehow related to the way in which you create your account.

 

On another topic, many recordings that came up on the old account no longer show up on the new one. Those by the MDG label for instance, or by the Florestan Trio. It is exceedingly troubling that large swathes of recordings might be locked up behind regional restrictions. I find this trend to carve up the world and restrict what each person can listen to based on their geographic location alarming. I believe that for the moment I will continue to support an open format such as the CD where anyone anywhere can listen to whichever recording they choose.

 

Thanks again for your time. Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Polyglot said:

 

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer all these questions.

 

I created another account and on that one I am able to search for albums, so the problem is somehow related to the way in which you create your account.

 

On another topic, many recordings that came up on the old account no longer show up on the new one. Those by the MDG label for instance, or by the Florestan Trio. It is exceedingly troubling that large swathes of recordings might be locked up behind regional restrictions. I find this trend to carve up the world and restrict what each person can listen to based on their geographic location alarming. I believe that for the moment I will continue to support an open format such as the CD where anyone anywhere can listen to whichever recording they choose.

 

Thanks again for your time. Regards.

My pleasure. Once we get the service up and running in N.America, it'll all come together, just like it did when I was launching Tidal over here. Plus, there will be a free trial period, so you can try out the real thing. All the best and we'll be here when you're ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

The DLNA portion of the site is in Beta

The DLNA support has been in beta since 3/13.  The Qobuz development team hasn't posted any updates regarding their progress.


NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> ISO REGEN/LPS-1.2 --> iFi iDSD Micro --> Focal CMS50's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

By the time we launch, you will be very happy. I wish I could say more right now, but have been sworn to secrecy... You may be able to read between the lines, but for now, all I can say is that I totally agree. 

 

Will the launch include DNLA on the iOS app as well as the Mac desktop app?  That would be heavenly.  I can pretty much live with Qobuz’s excellent iPad app and my microRendu.  Thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, rickca said:

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist I have been using Qobuz for 3 years now.  I switched from TIDAL and never looked back.  Obviously, I'm very satisfied with Qobuz.

 

I will want to change my account from France to the USA (let's just say I'm relocating).  Will I need to set up a new USA account and cancel my existing account in France, or is there going to be a smoother way to transition?

 

 

 

Bienvenue aux États Unis, Rick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, rickca said:

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist I have been using Qobuz for 3 years now.  I switched from TIDAL and never looked back.  Obviously, I'm very satisfied with Qobuz.

 

I will want to change my account from France to the USA (let's just say I'm relocating).  Will I need to set up a new USA account and cancel my existing account in France, or is there going to be a smoother way to transition?

 

 

Hi Rick, Once we actually launch, this will be very easy to do. We'll get support involved, but this is no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 8:40 PM, sockpit said:

Will the launch include DNLA on the iOS app as well as the Mac desktop app?  That would be heavenly.  I can pretty much live with Qobuz’s excellent iPad app and my microRendu.  Thx!

Getting launched is the main goal for the engineering team. That's the first order of business. I'll keep you up to date as more info is available.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...