IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

40 minutes ago, TAV said:

I've been using Qobuz in a variety of configurations during the last month or so;   Chromecast Audio,  Airplay to Raspberry,  IOS native,   MacOSX, Web App.   I've also used it mobile in the car via Bluetooth and am very happy to report that not only are the apps refined and extremely functional they are also easy to use.   The service seems rock steady  and I've had no problem in daily use.   

I'm a Tidal and Deezer subscriber as well and I can say that when Qobuz formally launches in the US and is integrated with Roon I will be dropping my Tidal subscription.   Great job on the rollout and infrastructure Qobuz has developed in prep for launch.    

Thanks, but we know that we have problem with DLNA, some issues.. Android app need to be realy improve. But all will come.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 9/22/2018 at 1:35 PM, rickca said:

I'm using the Qobuz desktop app on Windows. 

I set the genre to Classical only.  In Discover, I see two rows of New Releases.  If I click 'See all new releases', the app just displays one additional row.  I have to click 'See all new releases' a second time to actually see all new releases.

@David Craff is this behavior intentional?  I find it irritating.

Yes  it is intentional. I think this must be change. I'll ask the UX team about that.

On 9/23/2018 at 2:14 AM, bobbmd said:

@David Craff: Problem solved by Jud- all I had to do in A+3 preferences was log off Qobuz and log back in 'streaming' (it is a good thing I remembered my password)!

One thing- I really like in A+3 the old format on Qobuz of 'new releases' 'Qobuz playlists' 'most streamed' 'best sellers' 'editors picks' and 'press awards' than what is offered under the new desktop app with the vinyl and tone arm- I bet others like that better- in addition A+3 to me sounds 'better' maybe because A+3 plays 'up' from  FLAC 16/44.1 to my Merdian Explorer 2 in 24/176.4 and on my pre-multibit Schiit Gungnir to 24/192

bobbmd

You can find New Releases, Press Awards etc on the new discover too. But the navigation is not the same.

For

"in addition A+3 to me sounds 'better' maybe because A+3 plays 'up' from  FLAC 16/44.1 to my Merdian Explorer 2 in 24/176.4 and on my pre-multibit Schiit Gungnir to 24/192"

A+3 sounds better (for you) because it apply some secret audio filter. On Qobuz we do not apply any sound modification.

14 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Found an error on one of the new channel classics records.  Ivan Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestras version of Wagner.  Plays at 16/44 identifies itself as 24/192 in both A+ and the Qobuz desktop app for Mac.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 2.24.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 2.26.18 PM.png

Not an error, this album is available in hi-res on download but not for streaming. I agree we need to separate hi-res display for download & streaming

5 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Is it similar in the Qobuz for Mac/PC's UPnP/DLNA renderer output function, ie, is the connected UPnP device streaming the audio (FLAC) file tracks exactly as supplied by the Qobuz online server?

Audirvana Plus always transcodes the audio file tracks to WAV files for the UPnP/DLNA streamer, by decoding them first through its audio engine, which also allows any optional filter/DSP settings to be applied.

On Qobuz Desktop we send directly the track file url, we do not convert the file in wav audio format before. So the sound renderer is the same.

10 hours ago, left channel said:

Love the Panoramas. But attention localizers: the Picasso piece includes three untranslated French paragraphs floating in a sea of English.  (I read English and, with some effort, Spanish and Mandarin. It would be fun to learn French, but not today.)

qobuz-picasso.thumb.jpg.1ed2801df8cd5f3177e12fff4a19bfe3.jpg

@David Craff @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist

Thanks, I contact the editorial team to correct this.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 8:45 PM, the_bat said:

Hi

Is anyone running the Qobuz desktop client on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)?  It runs perfectly here but consistently crashes on exit.

Alan

Hi,

We notice  this problem, we will correct this soon.

Regards

On 10/10/2018 at 9:14 PM, TAV said:

MacOS 10.14 on early 2015 Macbook Pro.   Works fine,  no crashes on exit.  My problem is the well known one of DLNA/UPnP incompatibilities.  Does not work with SOtM, or Digione but curiously does work with the Dynaudio Connect DLNA/UPnP implementation.   Hoping for an improved release soon. Anyone hear a new date for public release of Qobuz yet?  

Unfortunately the news are not good for DLNA / uPNP: we have not yet found a solution to the problems encountered. The leads are becoming clearer despite everything.
In the meantime we pass the DLNA / uPNP listening feature as an option, disabled by default (You can enable it in the application settings).
We are not abandoning this feature and are still looking for a solution, unfortunately it will take longer than expected. 

16 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just ran into a discrepancy in sample rates. Qobuz says 24/48 but the track plays at 16/44.1.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.06.02 AM.png

Hello,

Currently we display the hi-res logo of an album without distinguishing that it is available for download and/or streaming in this quality. An evolution is underway in our applications to distinguish between the two.

The listening and downloading rights are not identical for the same album.

Regards

21 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Does that include if you've already downloaded/purchased the album and so would be listening to & therefore streaming the same album from what seem like cloud storage?

If you have purchased this album, you can listen it in Hi-Res resolution even if the streaming rights are not for Hi-Res quality.

You can stream it if you have purchased it and have an Hi-Res Account like Studio or Sublime +

If you don't have Hi-Res account but have purchased it, you need to download it before listening

18 hours ago, mourip said:

I am having periodic and somewhat frequent issues with tracks stopping and going into a "buffering mode.

Roon plays fine on the same system as did JMRC.

Anyone else see this?

Hi,

This issue will be fix in the next update. This update will be arrive soon.

18 hours ago, mourip said:

I am having periodic and somewhat frequent issues with tracks stopping and going into a "buffering mode.

Roon plays fine on the same system as did JMRC.

Anyone else see this?

In the meantime you have to remove the cache of the track with the problem. You need to play another track before removing the cache.

Regards