IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

56 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

1. Always prefer (use) the label-supplied version, if available, for a given sample rate
    • exception - MP3 is always generated by you from the CD version (which in turn could be label-supplied, or generated by you from high-res)
  2. Never upsample
  3. Fill in gaps at lower sample rates by down converting.
  4. Conversions done with dBpoweramp.

Thanks David. Happy with that.

• 1 month later...

Hi @David Craff

With the death of Chromecast Audio, just wondering if Qobuz can work with Bluesound to have BluOS support 'Qobuz Connect'?

I know Qobuz can be used inside the BluOS app but the "native" Qobuz app on iOS/Android/Mac/Windows  experience is so much better.

BluOS already supports Spotify Connect and Airplay 2 - so users can use the "native" Spotify app and native Apple Music app to play direct to the Bluesound gear, without having to use the BluOS app.

The Bluesound Node 2i supports 24/192 on digital outputs.

• 3 months later...

Hi @David Craff

I've transferred my Tidal playlists and Tidal favourite artists over to Qobuz for Studio streaming trial.

Q1) I have a Tidal playlist with 4000 tracks but only 1000 show in Qobuz desktop app on macOS. Is there a 1000 track limit in Qobuz? If so, can this limit be changed to something like 10000 (like Spotify)...

Q2) Is there a way to know when an artist that I follow in Qobuz releases new music? A bit like the 'For You' section that Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal Desktop App has? I follow 1200 artists and love to know whenever they release new tracks, albums, EP's like Spotify, Apple, Tidal notify me.

8 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Q1) Playlist  are limit to 1000 tracks on Qobuz. Is not possible at the moment to upgrade this limit. Sorry

Oh dear. I see there's a Roon Qobuz thread with people requesting the same. Please ask your dev team to consider this feature request (to remove this 1000 track limit for playlists).

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-beta-playlist-limit-1-000-songs/61790

5 minutes ago, David Craff said:

This album is available https://open.qobuz.com/album/t4ijcf055nlza

I don't know your query but even if I used " Immigrance by Snarkpy Puppy" (mistake on Snarky) I found the release.

Regards

Screenshot for Snarky Puppy artist page. Albums sorted by release date, so Immigrance should be 2nd from the top...

161172811_ScreenShot2019-04-26at9_59_12pm.thumb.png.7c3646757728bd18b6845966e7651385.png

886117938_ScreenShot2019-04-26at9_59_28pm.thumb.png.30f88650a4f5d2930c9ac40ee04f5d31.png

4 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Deals are not the same for EU and US country. Issues is not Tidal has it but Qobuz need to negociate with major to get the deals for US. We have this deals for EU so there will be no problem to get it for US.

Ok now I understand.

When you said "This release is not yet available for US" you mean for 'Qobuz US' specifically.

Not for US in general...

I may not continue after my trial is finished. Until later in the year when hopefully these 3 things improve:

1. Qobuz US catalogue is brought up to speed, to at least match Tidal US...

2. Playlist 1000 track limit is removed...

3. A 'For You' section to notify of new releases for favourited artists...

These 3 things are unfortunately major showstoppers for me on Day 1 of my trial, but I'm sure by end of the year these 3 things (at least first 2) will be improved.

This is not a complaint - please just consider it as polite feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jud said:

It's to avoid other apps or processes taking control of the audio system while music is playing,

This also ensures bit perfect playback...

Anyway, it’s a feature request I’d like to pass on to Qobuz. Tidal desktop app supports this for some time.

11 minutes ago, David Craff said:

I know that some artist page are not clear. So this search can help. And in this search is not focus on the artist but on the query "JAMESDAVID", result can be different thant the artist page.

As indicated we are working on a way to browse the catalogue by genre in another way. I think it will meet your needs.

Thanks @David Craff

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, dmackta said:

Hi everyone

Couple notes on recent subjects. 

Qobuz Connect is not a protocol, right now it's an area of the app that houses Airplay, Chromecast etc. 

As you know our UPNP/DLNA support is spotty at best. Unfortunately, due to limited engineering resources it's not likely to improve massively any time soon. Some hardware works, some doesn't. There are workarounds for just about every kind of system, it's not perfect, but you know what they say: Pobody's nerfect. 

Hi @dmackta / @David Craff

Just wanted to ask if you can share a UPnP update, since this April update.

Is a working solution close or still a while away?

• 1 month later...

Hi @David Craff @dmackta

Can you give an update on these 3 things:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=952095

i.e.

1. How is progress of Qobuz US catalogue size at least matching Tidal US catalogue size? I shared Snarky Puppy album example earlier in the thread, which was missing in Qobuz.

2. Removing 1000 track playlist size limit will happen soon? Would love a 10k limit for playlist size instead...

3. The My Qobuz feature will launch in 2019? To get notified of new releases by all artists that I 'follow' in Qobuz.

and

4. 'Exclusive Mode' coming to Qobuz Desktop apps, with USB DACs connected? If  yes, how soon?

Many thanks

15 minutes ago, PAR said:

If you mean WASAPI Exclusive Mode then this depends upon whether your  DAC driver supports it.  If so then it should appear in the list of options available in Qobuz' "Audio Device" .

Hi, yes the DAC appears and there is sound using WASAPI driver. But it's not 'Exclusive Mode'. Windows sound can still play to the DAC at the same time. This is one advantage of 'Exclusive Mode'. Just like the Tidal Desktop app allows...

16 minutes ago, PAR said:

As far as the Qobuz catalogue is concerned remember that they have only been open in the USA for just over 6 months.

Noted - and the question to Qobuz above wasn't 'is it finished yet'. I am just after an update, as per "How is progress of Qobuz US catalogue size..."

20 minutes ago, PAR said:

That is not a Qobuz development item

Are you on the Qobuz dev team?

If so, is the 1000 track playlist limit going soon? Or the limit is still there?

And the My Qobuz feature will launch in 2019? To get notified of new releases by all artists that I 'follow' in Qobuz...

• 7 months later...

Hi @David Craff

I am using latest Qobuz Desktop on macOS Catalina 10.15.4

When I have add track/s to play 'next' that are different sample rate, it changes the sample rate of the CURRENT track to that which was just added 'next'.

So if I am playing 44.1kHz now and I add a 96k track for 'play next', the current track changes from 44.1k to 96k (as indicated by my DAC's incoming sample rate)

When I use Qobuz via Roon and Audirvana, no such issues. Exclusive Mode is working properly. So it's not a DAC issue.

So it's something to do with Qobuz Desktop app.

See attached

image.png.ababeb706f8e1b1de04de3ae99f73c01.png