IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

24 minutes ago, RBO said:

This has been happening a lot recently, however, it’s not affecting everyone. I for one, was unaffected when it happened recently. 

The “good” thing is that all of the faves you have in Qobuz will come back on their own at some point. You do not need to do anything apart from wait. 

Roon are saying this is caused by Qobuz servers and they have been working on a permanent fix for some time now. 

Curious what Qobuz have to say about this. 

Thanks, RBO.

I had read about that somewhere. Whether it IS Roon OR Qobuz of course is a different matter.

It's a bit like having a problem with your house after two different trades have had to work together and they just blame each other. I would like to bang Roon's and Qobuz's heads together about this. We're paying alot of money for it not to work.

I did have the same problemearlier in the year and the missing items DID reappear, but I'm not sure if that was me suceeding by doing things, or their (whoever!) end getting it sorted.

But now it's happened again.

Bugger.

PS I might start a Qobuz Users page on Facebook, as there isn't one. There are 3 Roon User groups.

3 hours ago, vintageaxeman said:

but I'm not sure if that was me suceeding by doing things, or their (whoever!)

It was them :) There is nothing you can do. They always come back on their own. 

You can still access your Qobuz library by accessing Qobuz through Roon. 

As for blaming someone, Roon are pointing at Qobuz. 

I also have Tidal and it never happened with them. It’s always Qobuz. 

On 9/30/2021 at 8:58 AM, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I used to have a link for a Qobuz release request form so that I can request an album available on other platforms but not on Qobuz. That link is no longer working, so I will post here.I want to purchase this album as a lossless download:

Love Hurts Love Heals by Rebekah Del Rio

It is available as a lossy download at Apple Music and Amazon and I will not pay for lossy audio files. It is available as a FLAC download at Tidal at their typical high price of $17.99 and I tried three times to purchase it there, twice on Firefox browser with credit card and PayPal payment and once on Chrome with PayPal and got an error message every time. I submitted a support request with Tidal and did not even receive an email confirmation of doing so, nor any email showing payment was processed. I guess Tidal is broken and that's fine, I stopped buying music there when I found I could get the same music on Qobuz much cheaper. But Qobuz doesn't have this album.

Please add it to your catalog and I will buy it. Thanks.

For the record I got a reply from Tidal that the album was removed from sale but not taken off the store. So apparently it has been withdrawn from digital distribution and so Qobuz is not likely to offer it either. Whether I will have to try to buy the MP3 from Amazon will be my own to decide, if I can still get it there.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

11 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is true, the issue come from our server.

We are in constant communication with Roon, don't worry about it.

This problem is being resolved.

Regards

As always, thanks for the quick reply David. 

@David Craff Now Lumïn has added a very welcome feature where you can read the pdf booklet on the screen, se images below. At the same I notice that many albums do not include the booklet. Is that due to music companies do not include it or is that linked to your workload and selection?

Just curious to know for my understanding.

5B594952-6B64-4950-B9DB-0B1072B4EAE4.thumb.png.d6e55f6d79d41e81532e9a985612dbfc.png

BA964EE5-1B4A-4A1D-8EE7-285183CF89E3.thumb.png.8ac9c911fe7f0774ee008c4f2cfdcbb6.png

1 hour ago, Ropet said:

@David Craff Now Lumïn has added a very welcome feature where you can read the pdf booklet on the screen, se images below. At the same I notice that many albums do not include the booklet. Is that due to music companies do not include it or is that linked to your workload and selection?

Just curious to know for my understanding.

5B594952-6B64-4950-B9DB-0B1072B4EAE4.thumb.png.d6e55f6d79d41e81532e9a985612dbfc.png

BA964EE5-1B4A-4A1D-8EE7-285183CF89E3.thumb.png.8ac9c911fe7f0774ee008c4f2cfdcbb6.png

Hi,

The booklet depends on the supplier. It's an ongoing war for us to get this booklet and I think it's going to get harder and harder. The CD market is down and this booklet comes with that product. I'm not sure the booklet will exist in a market without physical content. But this is not the end so let's keep getting it :)

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

48 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

PDF booklets were a feature of Primephonic that made their service so much better than other streaming services. Sadly, they were bought out by apple several weeks ago. Gone is their search function and their PDF booklets. They also made an effort, when booklets were not available, to verify the recording date (i.e., not just release dates).

I believe Idagio is the only streaming service that fills this classical music void. Qobuz has the PDF booklets now, but the search function still lacks the rigourous metadata maintenance  that only a classical music service can offer.

Still, Qobuz is far better than Tidal and Spotify.

Primephonic = case in point of the a.m. war - sad.

Idagio-have not tried; was curious due to a post above. No gapless for non-iOS users. Think about that-as bad as non-gapless music playback can be for non-classical genres, it is *essential* for Classical.

Deezer also has problems with gapless playback (advertised as such, but not in practice-I canceled my trial due to that.) They rightly claim flac files are gapless (true!), but these flac files are *not played* gapless-"near gapless", with an audible click artifact, or worse, a track starting slightly earlier. It is as if their player itself is causing these "gapless playback" issues. I may have stuck with them if they were indeed true gapless.

*Qobuz is true-gapless.* I kept my subscription for Qobuz after a month because I also liked their library for the genres I enjoy (especially classical.) Still , there are indeed many "gaps", but only in their library, and their artist tagging is horrible (artists/bands with the same name will ruin your searches... John Williams and John Williams are not one and the same; and a similar situation with a few band names accross genres.)

I do not know how Qobuz library acquisition works, but I do hope it is always expanding. I have enjoyed many obscure classical tracks, but some releases that I think "important" (they are actually nice niche albums that I know or already possess in CD format) are missing. Many older artists are near forgotten, some famous, others not so much. I am however happy most of the time with my searches.

Please fix:

Double/triple artist results with the same name. The system should discriminate and not be fooled by identical results (the aforementioned John Williams guitar vs conductor is an egregious case, but does happen frequently with other musicians as well.)

App speed is subpar compared to Tidal/Deezer/Amazon/Spotify. I like how it looks, but the speed is horrendous for lower powered Android based CPUs. The latest versions are even slower and buggier, rather than better optimized. What it offers should be balanced with how it works-quantity vs quality. Do not sacrifice the latter, as not everyone has a powerful system for Qobuz. My Note 9 runs latest versions like a breeze; my SR25 can only use a specific version from last Summer, otherwise it gets too slow and offline downloads even get lost/deleted (problem discussed earlier by myself in this thread.) The SR25 is very slow compared to the Note 9 even with the right version, but now it generally runs much better, and without downloaded file self-deletions.

If Qobuz was able to run flawlessly through all platforms and did not have these artist search issues, it would be near perfect in most ways. Not interested in paying extra to another company to "fix" Qobuz. (Also, I make my own "music discovery" and honestly need no such feature in my daily use, for the most part.)

*Please optimize and keep improving the Qobuz app. It is objectively the slowest option I have used.*

Be well-apologies if my comments come off as harsh.

On 10/17/2021 at 11:48 PM, starace said:

Idagio-have not tried; was curious due to a post above. No gapless for non-iOS users. Think about that-as bad as non-gapless music playback can be for non-classical genres, it is *essential* for Classical.

Deezer also has problems with gapless playback (advertised as such, but not in practice-I canceled my trial due to that.) They rightly claim flac files are gapless (true!), but these flac files are *not played* gapless-"near gapless", with an audible click artifact, or worse, a track starting slightly earlier. It is as if their player itself is causing these "gapless playback" issues. I may have stuck with them if they were indeed true gapless.

*Qobuz is true-gapless.* I kept my subscription for Qobuz after a month because I also liked their library for the genres I enjoy (especially classical.) Still , there are indeed many "gaps", but only in their library, and their artist tagging is horrible (artists/bands with the same name will ruin your searches... John Williams and John Williams are not one and the same; and a similar situation with a few band names accross genres.)

I do not know how Qobuz library acquisition works, but I do hope it is always expanding. I have enjoyed many obscure classical tracks, but some releases that I think "important" (they are actually nice niche albums that I know or already possess in CD format) are missing. Many older artists are near forgotten, some famous, others not so much. I am however happy most of the time with my searches.

Please fix:

Double/triple artist results with the same name. The system should discriminate and not be fooled by identical results (the aforementioned John Williams guitar vs conductor is an egregious case, but does happen frequently with other musicians as well.)

App speed is subpar compared to Tidal/Deezer/Amazon/Spotify. I like how it looks, but the speed is horrendous for lower powered Android based CPUs. The latest versions are even slower and buggier, rather than better optimized. What it offers should be balanced with how it works-quantity vs quality. Do not sacrifice the latter, as not everyone has a powerful system for Qobuz. My Note 9 runs latest versions like a breeze; my SR25 can only use a specific version from last Summer, otherwise it gets too slow and offline downloads even get lost/deleted (problem discussed earlier by myself in this thread.) The SR25 is very slow compared to the Note 9 even with the right version, but now it generally runs much better, and without downloaded file self-deletions.

If Qobuz was able to run flawlessly through all platforms and did not have these artist search issues, it would be near perfect in most ways. Not interested in paying extra to another company to "fix" Qobuz. (Also, I make my own "music discovery" and honestly need no such feature in my daily use, for the most part.)

*Please optimize and keep improving the Qobuz app. It is objectively the slowest option I have used.*

Be well-apologies if my comments come off as harsh.

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback.

Some answer for you

About the Qobuz Library. We add lot's of content all day and deal with new supplier to have more content in the library. We have already reached the number of 83 millions of track and this is not the end.

About duplicate artist. You need to know that there is no official and international ID for artist, so when we get content from an artist we only knows is name. So we have to deal with all artist with the same name without any strong information to distinguish one from another. As well as the different possible spellings of the same artist. We work on it to apply better algo and remove lot's of duplicate artist.

I will forward your issue about the application, to the dev team.

Regards

19 hours ago, Talisman said:

The artist Qobuz has listed as "Janice" (on this track, for example): https://play.qobuz.com/album/zrebsi6uufafa isn't the one in the bio. The bio is of a different artist, Cantopop star Janice Vidal, who is of Korean/Filipino descent, not the proper artist, who is a black Swedish performer. The releases are correct; the bio is wrong.

Hi and thanks for this feedback.

We are currently working on this matching issue for all Qobuz catalog.

Regards