IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Goodbye, Qobuz

Hi

Thanks for your follow-up email. I'm sorry to hear you are having this experience with your recent purchase. I have just tested this download. All is well on my end. Unfortunately, Qobuz cannot provide any refunds on purchased music in any circumstance. We strongly recommend contacting customer service before making your purchase if you doubt you will be happy with your purchase. The record labels do not allow for returns. 

There are no exceptions to this rule. I am very sorry. 

Regards,
Sébastien from Qobuz

Qobuz never gave me the change to download my purchase. Secondly, the Qobuz website still gives me a server error. Seriously, everyone making a purchase should contact customer service before making their purchase? Really?

Goodbye, Qobuz

2 minutes ago, coke said:

Goodbye, Qobuz

Hi

Thanks for your follow-up email. I'm sorry to hear you are having this experience with your recent purchase. I have just tested this download. All is well on my end. Unfortunately, Qobuz cannot provide any refunds on purchased music in any circumstance. We strongly recommend contacting customer service before making your purchase if you doubt you will be happy with your purchase. The record labels do not allow for returns. 

There are no exceptions to this rule. I am very sorry. 

Regards,
Sébastien from Qobuz

Qobuz never gave me the change to download my purchase. Secondly, the Qobuz website still gives me a server error. Seriously, everyone making a purchase should contact customer service before making their purchase? Really?

Goodbye, Qobuz

This seems very unusual to me. In 2+ years of a Qobuz subscription I haven't ever encountered a recording I couldn't simply re-download if there was any problem at all (always on my end so far as I recall). How long was the period during which you tried to download your purchase?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 minutes ago, Jud said:

This seems very unusual to me. In 2+ years of a Qobuz subscription I haven't ever encountered a recording I couldn't simply re-download if there was any problem at all (always on my end so far as I recall). How long was the period during which you tried to download your purchase?

I made a total of seven purchases, all downloaded except one. I receive a server error each time. Hence, I never got the initial download. I download all purchases, except that one, immediately. I have tried to download that EP for the past 10 days, both as a TAR file and individual tracks. No go... 

6 minutes ago, coke said:

I made a total of seven purchases, all downloaded except one. I receive a server error each time. Hence, I never got the initial download. I download all purchases, except that one, immediately. I have tried to download that EP for the past 10 days, both as a TAR file and individual tracks. No go... 

That seems like the avenue, unless you have already tried it and been denied (which would seem very odd to me, since as I noted I've never encountered a Qobuz policy against re-downloading; quite the opposite): Request they provide your purchase to you in a different manner.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

25 minutes ago, Jud said:

That seems like the avenue, unless you have already tried it and been denied (which would seem very odd to me, since as I noted I've never encountered a Qobuz policy against re-downloading; quite the opposite): Request they provide your purchase to you in a different manner.

I wouldn't classified it as a re-download since it never allowed me to download them in the first place. I am assuming that once you purchase a track — if you successfully download it or not — there is no refund, according to Sébastien. It's been almost two weeks, and it's about a day or two before I get a response, I suggested Dropbox or a non-Qobuz link. The company doesn't seem to know what to do, so apparently, I am the only one this has happened to. I am just at a loss of why it allowed to me to download all the other tracks. I don't think Qobuz will ever resolve this. Qobuz worked beautifully when I started using it in 2019, not now.

3 minutes ago, coke said:

I wouldn't classified it as a re-download since it never allowed me to download them in the first place. I am assuming that once you purchase a track — if you successfully download it or not — there is no refund, according to Sébastien. It's been almost two weeks, and it's about a day or two before I get a response, I suggested Dropbox or a non-Qobuz link. The company doesn't seem to know what to do, so apparently, I am the only one this has happened to. I am just at a loss of why it allowed to me to download all the other tracks. I don't think Qobuz will ever resolve this. Qobuz worked beautifully when I started using it in 2019, not now.

Which album is it?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, coke said:

Yeah, not to get caught up too much in semantics, it would be a re-attempt. One reason I can't imagine too much difficulty with this is that I've actually downloaded stuff in FLAC rather than the AIFF format I prefer, and when I go back to download in AIFF rather than bothering with conversion I've had no trouble.

If things are as you say I wonder if the Qobuz folks here could work out a solution for you.

7 hours ago, Polyglot said:

I didn't realize the Leipziger Streichquartett recordings weren't available for streaming on Qobuz. When you click on the artist all the recordings appear and they are indeed available on other services.

The Perahia recording still doesn't show up correctly. I am using the Qobuz official app in the U.S.. It is peculiar because if you begin writing out the search terms it appears as the most popular release, however if you type out 'Mozart Perahia' completely the recording disappears, so it only shows up if you write something like 'Mozart Perahi' - without the final 'a'.

Hi,

The rights for the catalog depend of the deal we have with supplier.

There is not an identical contract between a provider and a streaming service.

Providers as well as artists are free to define the rules of broadcasting their content.

I don't have the details for this album.

For the Perahia recording. I don't understand what happen. The release match all the filter and query, I see no reason to not display it as result. I will look with the dev team about this issue.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

4 hours ago, coke said:

Hi

Did you try to download on another computer, network etc... ?

If not make a try and you can send me you account in private and I will try to download and add this to dropbox or any service where you can download it.

Regards

19 hours ago, Jud said:

Yeah, not to get caught up too much in semantics, it would be a re-attempt. One reason I can't imagine too much difficulty with this is that I've actually downloaded stuff in FLAC rather than the AIFF format I prefer, and when I go back to download in AIFF rather than bothering with conversion I've had no trouble.

If things are as you say I wonder if the Qobuz folks here could work out a solution for you.

Yes, Jud, I have done the same. Settled on AIFF after trying some other formats. In cases like these, you would think Qobuz would have a plan to manage this. 

18 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi

Did you try to download on another computer, network etc... ?

If not make a try and you can send me you account in private and I will try to download and add this to dropbox or any service where you can download it.

Regards

Hello David

Yes, I did try on other computers. Still the same thing. I am not going to send you my account info. It's just not worth it.

I think the Qobuz customer service needs a refinement. Slow to get involved and no other solutions for a company that offers and advertises its download store. Telling me I should contact customer service before I pay and start downloading file! Bad customer service. And after messages like these:

(Qobuz)

Sep 21, 2021, 14:31 UTC

Hi , 

Thanks for sharing your feelings about the Qobuz service with me. I’ll communicate your improvement requests to the team and let them know this impacts your experience in a less than optimal way. We are always working to improve our service to keep up with the big players.

We can do better, and we will.

Have a great day!

Regards,

from Qobuz

I feel that Qobuz customer service really doesn't care, never thought of users experiencing this issue, or simply doesn't care. Big players? Why even include that? Thanks for your offer, but I will get the files from another source. Frankly, I am glad this happened before I purchased the Prince and Tom Petty sets.

Thanks for the offer, though

Regards,

coke

I'm wondering if there's a timeline for when Qobuz track toast notifications will work the way other streaming apps work in Windows 10 (Tidal, Spotify, YouTube, YouTube Music, etc.).

Currently, when a track changes, Qobuz notifies you using the Windows Action Center at the lower-right of the screen (see attached screenshots). This is incorrect behavior.

The other streaming apps use the Windows 10 media notifications, which appear at the top-left of the screen. That notification delivers a richer user experience: Directly from the notification itself, you can play/pause, seek forward/backward, and control volume. You can also pause regardless of which app you're currently using on your PC, and the notification will pop up and enable you to view the album cover and title/track. To see what I'm talking about, you can close Qobuz and try it right now with YouTube Music in your browser.

By contrast, you can't do anything with the Qobuz Windows Action Center notification. Additionally, you get a notification for each song change, which is great, but they pile up in the Action Center. So, if you play 36 songs, Windows tells you that you have 36 notifications. That is also incorrect behavior.

Toast notification everyone else.png

Toast notification Qobuz.png

11 hours ago, Talisman said:

I'm wondering if there's a timeline for when Qobuz track toast notifications will work the way other streaming apps work in Windows 10 (Tidal, Spotify, YouTube, YouTube Music, etc.).

Currently, when a track changes, Qobuz notifies you using the Windows Action Center at the lower-right of the screen (see attached screenshots). This is incorrect behavior.

The other streaming apps use the Windows 10 media notifications, which appear at the top-left of the screen. That notification delivers a richer user experience: Directly from the notification itself, you can play/pause, seek forward/backward, and control volume. You can also pause regardless of which app you're currently using on your PC, and the notification will pop up and enable you to view the album cover and title/track. To see what I'm talking about, you can close Qobuz and try it right now with YouTube Music in your browser.

By contrast, you can't do anything with the Qobuz Windows Action Center notification. Additionally, you get a notification for each song change, which is great, but they pile up in the Action Center. So, if you play 36 songs, Windows tells you that you have 36 notifications. That is also incorrect behavior.

Toast notification everyone else.png

Toast notification Qobuz.png

Hi,

This will be not in the next release currently on preproduction for test but in the next one after, yes.

Regards

On 9/21/2021 at 2:49 AM, Polyglot said:

I didn't realize the Leipziger Streichquartett recordings weren't available for streaming on Qobuz. When you click on the artist all the recordings appear and they are indeed available on other services.

The Perahia recording still doesn't show up correctly. I am using the Qobuz official app in the U.S.. It is peculiar because if you begin writing out the search terms it appears as the most popular release, however if you type out 'Mozart Perahia' completely the recording disappears, so it only shows up if you write something like 'Mozart Perahi' - without the final 'a'.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi,

I find the reason why this release is not available in the search result. This is link to the Global ID. This release and this one https://open.qobuz.com/album/0886443281714 are the same. So we apply to every same release (same track, same artist and more... a "cluster id") and apply a distinct deduplication feature in the search engine to keep only one of them.

Regards

Having all sorts of issues playing Qobuz consistently on my Innuos Zen Mark 3, which is fully updated in terms of firmware. Often I click on "play album" and an album will either only play maybe 50% of tracks and then stop, or just play one track and then playback will stop. Innuos can't particularly help me - how about Qobuz?  Also occasionally had a weird issue where it would play 30 seconds of a track and then move on to next track in an album.

18 hours ago, Hawkmoon said:

Having all sorts of issues playing Qobuz consistently on my Innuos Zen Mark 3, which is fully updated in terms of firmware. Often I click on "play album" and an album will either only play maybe 50% of tracks and then stop, or just play one track and then playback will stop. Innuos can't particularly help me - how about Qobuz?  Also occasionally had a weird issue where it would play 30 seconds of a track and then move on to next track in an album.

Hi,

Can you give me some example: release you want to play, what is your account and your account country. I will have a look with my Innuos and with Innuos team.

Regards

I used to have a link for a Qobuz release request form so that I can request an album available on other platforms but not on Qobuz. That link is no longer working, so I will post here.I want to purchase this album as a lossless download:

Love Hurts Love Heals by Rebekah Del Rio

It is available as a lossy download at Apple Music and Amazon and I will not pay for lossy audio files. It is available as a FLAC download at Tidal at their typical high price of $17.99 and I tried three times to purchase it there, twice on Firefox browser with credit card and PayPal payment and once on Chrome with PayPal and got an error message every time. I submitted a support request with Tidal and did not even receive an email confirmation of doing so, nor any email showing payment was processed. I guess Tidal is broken and that's fine, I stopped buying music there when I found I could get the same music on Qobuz much cheaper. But Qobuz doesn't have this album.

Please add it to your catalog and I will buy it. Thanks.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

I have a problem with Qobuz OR Roon, but I don't know which it is causing the issue.

I have Roon Core installed on a powerful Mac with lots of RAM, and I use a Lumin streamer.  I also have ripped CDs stored on a NAS.

Roon successfully finds all of my ripped CDs on the NAS (about 1000)

However, just recently, of the 21,000 albums that I had added to my Qobuz profile, and which HAD been showing up in Roon for all the last year, all of a sudden, only about 1000 Qobuz choices are showing up via Roon. The rest are missing.

However, ALL 22,000 Qobuz marked albums show up on the Qobuz app or the Lumin app.

I have done all the usual things like reinstalling apps, shutting down everything including the network and restarting everything in sequence. Nothing I have done so far has solved this random issue.

So does Roon have an issue with Qobuz?  I do prefer to use Roon, and I would rather not cancel my subscription.

I have asked about this issue on a couple of Facebook pages, to no avail.

Can anyone help me sort this please? It is SO frustrating.

This has been happening a lot recently, however, it’s not affecting everyone. I for one, was unaffected when it happened recently. 

The “good” thing is that all of the faves you have in Qobuz will come back on their own at some point. You do not need to do anything apart from wait. 

Roon are saying this is caused by Qobuz servers and they have been working on a permanent fix for some time now. 

Curious what Qobuz have to say about this.