IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, Richter Di said:

Just updated to Qobuz 5.8.0.1 on my FiiO M11 Android.

After it did not started at all, I deleted the app from my Fiio M11. 77 GB of download data gone.

Re-installed it and tried it again. Still does not come up. So if you own an Fiio M11 do not update on the new version. Complete failure.

@David Craff  Any hope?

Hi,

Maybe you can try this version https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.qobuz.music

This one contains Instabug. You can also make a screenshot and we will get lot's of information about the issue from your device and the application.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

7 hours ago, Richter Di said:

@David Craff Got it. On the positive. This app starts quickly on the FiiO M11. On the negative - for a moment - all the music I downloaded yesterday (approx. 60 hours 44.1 16 bit) is gone after the update. 

Thank you so much for reaching out. Really hope this one is the charm.

Ok great, if you have new issue, please take a screenshot with your Fiio. This action will send us crash log to help us.

Regards

On 5/1/2020 at 9:37 AM, Richter Di said:

Hi @David Craff, everything works- again a big thank you - with one small exception. I have quite often 1-second pauses in songs. Every 30 minutes or so. How do I send this to the tec team?

Just make a screenshot with you fiio, this will send information to the tech team.

REgards

On 5/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, Mark Dirac said:

This problem also occurs for me from Windows 10. I also get a bewildering message:

"The current session on chromecast is not synchronizable with the player, do you still want to start listening?" (see attached screenshot)

Easily-repeatedly, and for years. It's a strange problem:

• As you say, Qobuz support seem to be completely unable to understand the problem. I reckon the few people I spoke with have no idea at all what a Chromecast is.
  • When I reported it here before, there was no interest. No one else seemed to have noticed the problem.
  • But someone was interested in telling me that I shouldn't use Windows.

So, years later, it is disappointing that such a potentially attractive way of connecting from a PC (or Mac) to a DAC - and at 96k/24bit - is such a massive distraction from getting on and just listening to some music.

I would be grateful if at least @David Craffcould explain the error message please, and perhaps why is doesn't work and if there's any workaround. Or, in what limited circumstances it does work?

chromecast error message.jpg

Hi,

We are currently working on the Chromecast certification proposed by Google, with our mobile applications. It is currently being tested on mobile. Our desktop application will then be impacted and many problems should be corrected.

I don't have a date to give you at the moment. I hope however that this evolution will be available this summer.

Regards

On 5/1/2020 at 5:35 PM, cdr1 said:

Some of the albums for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers are not listed under Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  It would be helpful to have these combined.  Thanks.

Hi,

We are upgrading our meta data, and this demand is on the list. Wait a little this must be available soon.

Regards

12 hours ago, Don Blas De Lezo said:

What is this Chromecast you speak of ?  I have heard legends but nothing else .... perhaps you should direct your frustration towards the Chromecast and save either 10 minutes or 3 hours of your precious listening time no ?    :)  

Hi,

We are aware about different issue with Chromecast. However, these problems do not affect all users. But they are present in some scenarios of Qobuz use.

Keep cool and listen in Hi-Res :)

On 5/8/2020 at 6:25 AM, asdf1000 said:

Hi @David Craff

I am using latest Qobuz Desktop on macOS Catalina 10.15.4

When I have add track/s to play 'next' that are different sample rate, it changes the sample rate of the CURRENT track to that which was just added 'next'.

So if I am playing 44.1kHz now and I add a 96k track for 'play next', the current track changes from 44.1k to 96k (as indicated by my DAC's incoming sample rate)

When I use Qobuz via Roon and Audirvana, no such issues. Exclusive Mode is working properly. So it's not a DAC issue.

So it's something to do with Qobuz Desktop app.

See attached

image.png.ababeb706f8e1b1de04de3ae99f73c01.png

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback, we will look at this.

Regards

55 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Thanks David. Can you let me know if you can reproduce this at your end?

Or anyone else here.

I will try as soon as possible. Actually I work in remote until the end of the month and I have no DAC at home that display BitRate and Frequency to check your issue.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:41 AM, Richter Di said:

Okay @David Craff, how does making a screenshot work in giving meaningful feedback. So how does the screenshot of my playlist conveys to the tech people that although the playlist is shown as completely downloaded there are many songs which are not and I have to download them by hand. And that the function download the rest of the playlist does not work at all? Or does sometimes the file is shown as downloaded in the playlist but it says it can not play thi s format (which CD quality) and I should try again with a different format and then I have do delete the local download and re-download. Or the strange pauses which sometimes occur in every song?

This all is transmitted with the screenshot? Great. I send onen.

I'm sorry, I don't think I was explanatory enough in my answer.

The beta application you are using has the 'instabug' module. This module allows you to send information directly from an application that uses it and this is done by the 'screenshot' function of the device.

Once Qobuz Beta is open, when you make a screenshot, the function will be identified by the instabug module and will retrieve information that will be sent to our developers to better identify the source of the problem.

This module allows us to retrieve the event, the screenshot action to activate and send information.

Regards

15 hours ago, Richter Di said:

Thanks, but things like only half downloaded playlists and a non-working „import rest of playlist“ function plus a lot of stops in mid track and saying this track can not be played because of it‘s format (although perfectly fine, and after re-import will be played without a problem), how can they be transfered by the instabug module?

Hi,

Try to activate instabug when the issue appears. Lot's of log can be receive by the dev team.

Regards

2 minutes ago, jacobacci said:

I know this question was answered sometime back, but I cannot find the information any more:

Can someone point me to the Qobuz search parameters to find i.e. hires, multichannel albums. Is there a complete list of parameters that can be applied in the search field of the Qobuz app?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

You can find this filter in our Desktop or Web Player applications.

image.thumb.png.6235530820d6ea820b3be7c8627ab78f.png

All of this filters will arrive soon on our mobile app and there are now available to display for Qobuz's partners.

37 minutes ago, johey said:

Hi,

Maybe this kind of problem is automatically detected, but sometimes a track seems broken.

E.g. https://open.qobuz.com/track/35927249 and https://open.qobuz.com/track/35927250

The tracks start playing but after a few seconds it stops and the play icon keeps spinning. A renewed attempt does the same thing, so this problem really seems related to specific tracks.

(if this cannot be automatically be detected/reported, maybe allow the user to report the issue manually?)

Thanks for having a look at this.

Best regards,

Johan

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback.

Can you tell us with wich application did you have this issue. And did you try with other applications.

Regards

26 minutes ago, johey said:

It occured with the Qobuz Windows app. I just retried with the Android app and the track played fine. Retried again in Windows and problem reoccured. Then I used the "Delete from the cache" option on those 2 tracks which solved the issue. So apparently the downloaded tracks were corrupted? Probably this kind of problem should be countered by the app with an automatic verification & retry mechanism?

Best regards,

Johan

We have an issue with the desktop app about buffer and cache. This must be this one you have.

TY

1 hour ago, johey said:

Sometimes the app just crashes when starting a new track. Probably this is related to the same issue?

Try to clear the playqueue then clear the cache of the app and reduce this cache to the minimum size.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 5:10 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

The Qobuz iOS app is streaming MP3 to my iPhone even though I have up to 24/192 selected via WiFi and you can see that I'm on WiFi in these screenshots. It's like the app thinks I'm on a mobile network. 

IMG_2127.jpeg IMG_2126.jpeg

Hi

Can you try with the beta release, available here https://testflight.apple.com/join/GPJZwnh9

Regards

3 hours ago, Richter Di said:

Love to @David Craff

How and where to activate the instabug?

Wrote to the [email protected] team about the persisting problems but no answer so far.
BTW, I bought a Hiby R6 Pro in addition in the hope Qobuz would now work as expected.

Since I used the same Google account I automatically got the Qobuz beta app.

Exactly same problems. So it is not a FiiO M11 problem but a Qobuz problem.

Hi,

The Qobuz beta integrate Instabug, so when you have the problem, use the command on the device to make a screenshot.

Regards

47 minutes ago, Cra19 said:

Hi, first time poster to the forum.

There's a real depth to this thread, interesting and positive to see how far qobuz is going to make the experience better.

V long time Spotify user for my music streaming, decided on qobuz free 30 day trial and have continued paying to get more comfortable with interface, migrating listening playlists etc. Sound quality is night and day on my home system.

I have chromecasts in various rooms, mixture of gen 2s and CCAs (also with some CCA multiroom speaker groups).

Couple of issues I've had when casting qobuz:

1.  When I start listening to a playlist, the qobuz app on my device controlling the cast doesn't update with the currently playing track, it remains on the first played track even though playback continues as normal. Interestingly, the Google Home app/notification correctly displays currently playing, it's the album art and track details don't update in the Listening window of the qobuz app. 

2. Had some issues with glitches in sound when streaming to a CCA. This is up to date and is in exact same location as a Gen 2 where playback is rock solid. Is there a difference in bitrate between a CCA stream and a gen2 stream? Or is the wireless receiver better in chromecast than cca? (I prefer cca as this is grouped for multiroom.)

Hi,

Lot's of works are in progress for Chromecast device management and to get the Chromecast Certification.  I have no date to communicate but the experience will be better when those improvements will be online.

Regards

13 hours ago, Richter Di said:

@David Craff and @dmackta, having now a FiiO M11 (Android 7) and a Hiby R6 Pro (Android 8.1 - only bought I can finally enjoy Qobuz with SPDIF digital to a DAC), I can compare side by side what is a Qobuz problem and what is a e.g. FiiO problem.

1. Not being able to import long playlists, clearly a Qobuz problem. E.g. http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/863606 or http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/1760486. Only approx half of the songs are imported before the whole app stops working. Asking the app nicely to import the rest often does not work. So you have to import the rest of the tracks one by one per hand.

2. Importing tracks in a way the playlist suddenly stops when playing back and being on Wifi. Qobuz problem again. If I shut of Wifi and play the same list with the same songs no interruptions. The inbetween checking on the Wifi from Qobuz is causing the problem

3. 1 second pauses with the lates beta software 5.9.0 on the FiiO M11 in almost any track - a FiiO issue. Never happened on the Hiby

Thank you for being here with us and helping as a customer interface. The normal [email protected] or [email protected] channel just does not work as the customer service agents only wish to “solve” the email but not to help to develop the software to a point where Qobuz is future safe, even with Amazon HD, Spotify and Tidal. So please stay with us, take our request seriously and make them heard in your company. I just invested over 500 EUR in hardware just for the purpose of finally being a happy Qobuz customer.

Hi,

1. Can you try to do the same with our Desktop Application and see if there is the same issue ?

2 & 3. I follow this feedback to the Mobile Product Manager but can you try to send some information with the Beta release and Instabug ?

Regards

2 hours ago, Richter Di said:

1. Yes, I will but I never thought of importing anything into my computer. Seemed unnecessary. But I am happy to do it if it helps.

2. Thank you.

I am doing screenshots but there is no way of knowing if Instabug is sending anything.

You must see this warning from instabug

image.thumb.png.b61d4a4510871052a753c92e95335cd5.png

On 6/13/2020 at 11:06 PM, Richter Di said:

I just learnt that in the US there is wonderful section called Hi-Fi Audio Partners with cool playlists from Bowers & Wilkins, Cambridge Audio etc. Any chance @David Craff to have these playlists also here in Germany?

Hi,

This is not yet available for Germany's Store but will arrive.

Here come some playlists from the Hi-Fi Audio Partners for US Account. You can listen them but may have some tracks not available :

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/3314272

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/3191147

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2845368

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2693054

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2692987

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2200244

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2317112

Regards