On 7/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, Johnseye said:

This is a billing issue I have had which has led to a poor customer service experience so far.  If it belongs in its own thread I can repost.

In Nov 2019 I paid for an annual sub @ $149.99 via Paypal.  From Jan - June 2020 I was also charged $14.99 by Qobuz. I have no idea why and why beginning in Jan.  I didn't analyze my Paypal statement for half a year so I missed this until June.  I usually only line item through accounts a few times a year.  I cancelled the auto pay through Paypal so the monthly charge stopped.  I'm now trying to get compensated for the past 6 months of monthly billing.  I even told the customer rep, Sebastien at Qobuz, that I'd be ok with converting that refund as part of a family plan for the year.  No reply to that offer.

When I contacted Qobuz support via email a month ago I provided Paypal statements.  Sebastien at Qobuz replies "we can find no evidence of your monthly billing".  Well, I provided my Paypal statements which includes the Transaction ID, Invoice ID and Purchase order numbers.  It clearly states I'm being charged by Xandrie USA d/b/a Qobuz USA.

Hopefully this gets resolved and soon. What bothers me the most is their nonchalant and less than helpful communication.

Still no resolution from Qobuz.  A month and a half and they can't figure this out...

Digital chain: Synology DS1815+ -> Modified Buffalo switch-> SOtM sNH-10G-> Custom Audiolinux server (sCLK-EX modified motherboard, Mutec REF 10)-> EtherRegen-> AL NUC NA (sCLK-EX modified)->  Holo Spring L3 -> Audio Research LS28-> Benchmark AHB2 -> Paradigm Persona 9H, JL Fathom sub

Power: Paul Hynes SR7, Uptone LPS-1.2, sPS-500, Topaz 91001-31 Isolation Transformer

Analog chain: VPI Prime with Ortofon Quintet Black cart -> Simaudio Neo 310LP-> Audio Research LS28-> Benchmark AHB2 -> Paradigm Persona 9H

On 8/6/2020 at 5:49 PM, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

A lot of Robert Rich albums will only play a limited number of tracks (particularly annoying since many of these tracks have continuous segues intended for uninterrupted playback).

Titles include:Offering to the Morning Fog, Tactile Ground, Flood Expeditions (all three volumes), Outpost, Numena + Geometry.

Some albums only play one or two tracks, some play all but one, some will not play any tracks in the list.

On a related note, it would be nice to see a genre for New Age in addition to the twelve genres listed in Qobuz.

And for the record, I am streaming with Audirvana so I'm not sure if these issues apply to streaming with the Qobuz app (I gave up on using the Windows Qobuz app long ago because it seems like the bugs were never getting fixed).

Hi,

These are the streaming rights we received. Our dedicated department will contact the label to see what we can do to improve the availability of tracks for this artist.

Look at the artist's albums in a few days to see if any changes have been made.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:52 PM, MMcCulloch said:

A quick questions regarding the Qobuz app on a PC (which I love!):

- what is the effect of increasing the Buffer size before playback?

Hi,

Playback will only begin after xx seconde of music buffer. It can be useful if your Internet connexion is not strong. With the right settings this will avoid having cuts when listening, if the buffer doesn't fill up faster than the music is being played.

Regards

On 7/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, cendres said:

I recently began using Qobuz and appreciate the leap in SQ over Spotify. I am able to connect to my Cambridge CXN v2 using the Qobuz app on my iPhone 11. However, after some random amount of time, it seems to disconnect from the app while Qobuz carries on playing, ignoring my phone. The only way to "regain control" is by disconnecting and starting over. This is obviously pretty disruptive to a listening session.

This occurs on both my iphone and ipad. I have set my phone to never sleep or auto-lock, to no avail. I've tried it with three different streamers (all connected via ethernet) and the same thing always happens so I don't think the fault lies there. So, I don't know if I have a Qobuz issue, a Chromecast issue or an ios issue. Spotify Connect works perfectly fwiw. 

I've seen a similar issue touched on earlier in this thread but didn't see that there has been any resolution. Is there anyone here who has had the same problem and solved it?

Hi,

This is a Chromecast problem between our mobile application and our Chromecast application. We are working on a new version of both applications. This should fix the disconnection problems.

Regards

I don't know if this was already mentioned here.

I've had a few albums on my favourites list for a long time (for possible later purchase) that have since then been removed from the Qobuz download store. No problem with the albums becoming unavailable (there must be reasons), but from a practical side, this meant that I could not remove those albums from my Favourites list on the website. The "remove" button is not there on the album line and I can not go on the album page either to remove it from Favourites by hitting the "heart" button, since the page no longer exists. So I'm stuck with these dead entries in my Favourites.

I only found out later that I could still remove these albums from my Favourites on the Qobuz app, which also removed them from the Favourites on the website.

Just a small glitch, but it could be annoying if a lot of albums (a certain label, for example) suddenly become unavailable. 

Claude

6 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is a Chromecast problem between our mobile application and our Chromecast application. We are working on a new version of both applications. This should fix the disconnection problems.

Regards

Excellent, can't wait for the fix. Thanks for the response.

Tried using the windows app for DLNA and same issue.  Using denon 3500x and Heos 3 speakers.  Hopefully Qobuz can have an integrated app into HEOs like other services are in the future.  Going to search for my chromecast audio lol

I have a question: when you purchase a high resolution album from the Qobuz store and choose the WAV format, was the file you get converted from a FLAC file, or was it the original WAV file provided by the record company?

In addition to ordering more CDs and LPs, I've taken to buying high resolution music instead of streaming it. I really want to have ownership of my music.

9 hours ago, Polyglot said:

I have a question: when you purchase a high resolution album from the Qobuz store and choose the WAV format, was the file you get converted from a FLAC file, or was it the original WAV file provided by the record company?

In addition to ordering more CDs and LPs, I've taken to buying high resolution music instead of streaming it. I really want to have ownership of my music.

Hi,

Record company provide different file format, sometimes WAV File, FLAC or other. We make our own FLAC file with the file provide by the supplier. All other format for download are converted from our FLAC file.

Regards

11 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Record company provide different file format, sometimes WAV File, FLAC or other. We make our own FLAC file with the file provide by the supplier. All other format for download are converted from our FLAC file.

Regards

Thank you very much for your reply.

This has been an enlightening experience as I finally discovered why the sound quality of streaming services used to bother me and why I kept going back to my CDs and enjoying them much more: uncompressed WAV files sound much better than compressed FLAC files. I downloaded both WAV and FLAC versions of 7 classical and 1 rock high resolution albums that I bought on the Qobuz store, and compared them side by side using Audirvana. There is no question the WAV versions are superior in all of them. The clarity, immediacy, and consistency of the WAV file is unmistakable compared to the tumult produced by FLAC. The listening experience is so much more enjoyable and I am finally able to derive the full benefits of high resolution sound in addition to better appreciating the precious treasures that my old CDs are.

I've cancelled my streaming subscription but will be buying a lot of downloads from the Qobuz store from now on. Thank you for giving us the option of purchasing and downloading our music in lossless format. Regards.

What is the minimum computer hardware requirements to stream Qobuz high resolution files in Windows 10?

I am unsuccessfully trying to stream Qobuz 24/ 96 high resolution files through an Intel mini PC Atom x5-z8350 1.44 ghz base w/ 1.92gHz burst, 4 cores/ 4 threads, 2mb cache, 2 gb Ram, 32 gb storage, Windows 10 older 1607 version (due to 32gb storage), ethernet wired connection (rest of system listed below).  Qobuz Windows 64 bit App indicates not responding, & Web player results in 48k when Wasapi Exclusive Mode selected. What is the limiting factor here, 2gb memory?

i7-6700k Server- Ubuntu 20.04LTS, HQPlayer Desktop 4.7.1: 44.1k x DSD256 ext2 7EC > Cat6 > Cisco 2960-8TC-L switch > Cat 6 > NUC7CJYH NAA- USB: HQPlayer 4.1.1 x64.7z image > 0.3m Ghent JSSG USB > USB Regen/ USPCB A>B Adapter > Singxer SU-1 > 0.3m  I2S > Gustard X20u DAC > Canare XLR > B & O Icepower 1200AS2 amp > GR Research N3 speakers > GIK Acoustics room treatments

5 hours ago, brother love said:

What is the minimum computer hardware requirements to stream Qobuz high resolution files in Windows 10?

I am unsuccessfully trying to stream Qobuz 24/ 96 high resolution files through an Intel mini PC Atom x5-z8350 1.44 ghz base w/ 1.92gHz burst, 4 cores/ 4 threads, 2mb cache, 2 gb Ram, 32 gb storage, Windows 10 older 1607 version (due to 32gb storage), ethernet wired connection (rest of system listed below).  Qobuz Windows 64 bit App indicates not responding, & Web player results in 48k when Wasapi Exclusive Mode selected. What is the limiting factor here, 2gb memory?

I hope you'll get a specific response from Qobuz here, but for now I can tell you that Tidal requires a 2.33GHz Pentium 4, Athlon 64 2800+, or faster, and the requirements for Qobuz seem to be at least that much and maybe more.

I have tried to run the Qobuz app for Windows on a quad-core Celeron, and discovered that isn't enough power. I understand that optimizing for slower platforms is on their to-do list, but it's probably still far far down on that list. And I suspect it will never run on an Atom machine.

I currently run LMS (Squeezebox Server) with the Qobuz app on an Atom server, and listen to it on my Celeron PC via the Squeezelite-X client with Material Skin. But when I want to use the Qobuz app for Windows, I open it on an i7 PC.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Thanks left channel. I can also successfully run the Qobuz Windows app on my i7-6700k, but currently have a server/ NAA set-up.

I know that I need something more powerful than the Atom mini pc, but was hoping that a low watt NUC7PJYH w/ 4gb memory might do the trick. From your similar quad core Celeron experience, looks like that won't work for me either.

I'm 6 mos. into a 1 yr. Qobuz Studio subscription. Based on my struggles thus far, & due to lack of a Linux app, I seriously doubt that I will be renewing it.

i7-6700k Server- Ubuntu 20.04LTS, HQPlayer Desktop 4.7.1: 44.1k x DSD256 ext2 7EC > Cat6 > Cisco 2960-8TC-L switch > Cat 6 > NUC7CJYH NAA- USB: HQPlayer 4.1.1 x64.7z image > 0.3m Ghent JSSG USB > USB Regen/ USPCB A>B Adapter > Singxer SU-1 > 0.3m  I2S > Gustard X20u DAC > Canare XLR > B & O Icepower 1200AS2 amp > GR Research N3 speakers > GIK Acoustics room treatments

Thanks for the promising suggestion Ran! I am unfamiliar with OpenHome, but will definitely experiment with it this week, esp. since I have an iphone & older iPad2 that I could utilize. Do you have preferred OS & apps that you use w/ OpenHome?

Would be a nice detour from my last 2 rabbit holes of dual booting i7-6700k music server in order to use Windows 10 Pro for Qobuz hi res streaming (primary boot: Linux Ubuntu 18.04 to achieve HQPlayer DSD256 ext2 7EC. Then I moved the server to another room & added the Win 10 Network Audio Adapter to the DAC...

Open Home is just a flavor of UPnP/DLNA if I recall correctly, so it should be reasonably common.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> wi-fi to router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> USPCB -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Many thanks to all 😃  I installed OpenHomePlayer on the Win 10 mini pc/ renderer. Linn Kazoo & Lumin installed on iPhone X (prefer Linn Kazoo). Success, but Qobuz 24/96 music selections still play as 16/44.1 on DAC (OpenHomePlayer app has no adjustments, just "Open" only). Great to have Qobuz control w/ the iPhone vs. navigating on 50" plasma display (part of HT set-up).

1 hour ago, brother love said:

Many thanks to all 😃  I installed OpenHomePlayer on the Win 10 mini pc/ renderer. Linn Kazoo & Lumin installed on iPhone X (prefer Linn Kazoo). Success, but Qobuz 24/96 music selections still play as 16/44.1 on DAC (OpenHomePlayer app has no adjustments, just "Open" only). Great to have Qobuz control w/ the iPhone vs. navigating on 50" plasma display (part of HT set-up).

Can't help you with that config, except to say plenty of people are using Kazoo to get hi-res streams. Try BubbleUPnP, which offers OpenHome compatibility and hi-res: https://www.hifizine.com/2019/07/stream-qobuz-to-anything/   I can only help with LMS, but I've seen a lot of posts on the others here.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Thank @left channel. I had bookmarked that hifizine link this morning, & downloaded the BubbleUPnP Server on the mini PC, but couldn't get it going (got hung up on the media renderer details). Diagram shows it to be installed on music server. May fiddle w/ it so more later.

Thanks for the good info @Cebolla ! I downloaded the Audiophile UPnP earlier today, but it was missing a couple .dll files (cause it's 32 bit instead of 64 bit I think).  Will dig deeper into that option tomorrow. 👍