Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mike48 said:

I call it "concern for quality" and "knowing what you're doing." Not just JRiver, but the majority of other firms have been able to do it right.

 

Selling something that doesn't work, I call "sloppiness" and "hiding your head in the sand."

 

Would you excuse a bad power amp by saying design is difficult? I don't think there is anything in life that is easy to do right. I thought high-end audio was about doing it right, not taking the easy path and then complaining it was too hard.

I think we agree on all of that. 

 

The discussion started by me saying DLNA is hard because it's a nonstandard standard and hardware manufacturers don't all follow the rules. I'm not giving them a pass. I'm saying it will be a huge uphill battle for the tiny Qobuz team to do it right and to maintain it. 


Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think we agree on all of that. 

 

The discussion started by me saying DLNA is hard because it's a nonstandard standard and hardware manufacturers don't all follow the rules. I'm not giving them a pass. I'm saying it will be a huge uphill battle for the tiny Qobuz team to do it right and to maintain it. 

 

Maybe the approach could be to support the devices that do follow the rules. Others can come later, if ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mike48 said:

 

Maybe the approach could be to support the devices that do follow the rules. Others can come later, if ever.

I’m with you 100% but compiling that list may be tough and a list of most used devices by Qobuz customers may be tough. 


Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, David Craff said:

 

Hi,

 

This is not yet available for Germany's Store but will arrive.

 

Here come some playlists from the Hi-Fi Audio Partners for US Account. You can listen them but may have some tracks not available :

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/3314272

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/3191147

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2845368

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2693054

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2692987

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2200244

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2317112

 

Regards

 

@David Craff You are truely the best. Thank you so much. Just importing them to listen to them the next days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mike48 said:

 

Maybe the approach could be to support the devices that do follow the rules.

 

The upmpdcli UPnP renderer front end client for MPD (as used by Sonore devices amongst many others) would be one such - freely available & straight forward to test with.


We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 6:41 PM, Cebolla said:

 

The upmpdcli UPnP renderer front end client for MPD (as used by Sonore devices amongst many others) would be one such - freely available & straight forward to test with.

I can't get my Qobuz downloads to play at CD resolution via Android app/chomecast, only mp3, any ideas? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rexp said:

I can't get my Qobuz downloads to play at CD resolution via Android app/chomecast, only mp3, any ideas? Thanks! 

 

Its got to be a setting in your app.  Have you checked to see what resolution you're downloading?


sources:  intel nuc8i5 (roon rock) | intel nuc7i5 (ws2019, ao, roon bridge) (main) | intel nuc6i5 (win10, ao, roon bridge) (headphone)
headphone rig:  schiit yggdrasil (a2, unison) > bryston bha-1 > senn hd600
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc2bp > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rexp said:

I can't get my Qobuz downloads to play at CD resolution via Android app/chomecast, only mp3, any ideas? Thanks! 

This happened to me a couple weeks ago. It has been resolved on my iOS app. 


Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This happened to me a couple weeks ago. It has been resolved on my iOS app. 

There seems to be a glitch, I had to change the streaming setting from CD to 24 bit hires for it to work. 

 

Screenshot_20200618_070636.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rexp said:

There seems to be a glitch, I had to change the streaming setting from CD to 24 bit hires for it to work. 

 

Screenshot_20200618_070636.jpg

If that doesn't work switch to 'Deactivated' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I read an article on another website that Qobuz is finally opening family subscription. Would it be possible to know if is going to be open worldwide and when ?

 

thanks 


patatorz.com / Leedh E2 glass / dCS Vivaldi / JCAT Netcard Femto / Cybershaft OP21A / Ypsilon Phaethon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Hello I read an article on another website that Qobuz is finally opening family subscription. Would it be possible to know if is going to be open worldwide and when ?

 

thanks 

 

Thank you. I found it on the US and UK websites: "Family members in the same home can share up to 6 Qobuz HD streaming accounts with 1 subscription. Try free for a month, then only $24.99/month." https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers/household  → £24.99/month in the UK: https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/music/streaming/offers/household


Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes thanks but no official information in France.


patatorz.com / Leedh E2 glass / dCS Vivaldi / JCAT Netcard Femto / Cybershaft OP21A / Ypsilon Phaethon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lack of parental controls on the Qobuz Family plan (confirmed by Qobuz support) are a big omission and make the family plan a non-starter for my kids. Really disappointed about this. 😪 I really hope that this is a feature that is added soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, David Craff said:

 

Here is a selection of playlists from big Hi-Fi sellers in France :

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/3087957

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2527599

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2535347

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2642109

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/1810672

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/1756626

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/632193

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/1771709

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/1407012

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/1182544

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2349768

- http://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2350748

 

Enjoy

 

OMG, can it get any better. Endless pre-selected music. So joyful to go through this curated playlists. 

I do not want to be negative but Qobuz Germany are not good at creating playlists. Very seldom have I heard anything meaningful. I have given up on them. But the first Hifi Partner playlist section you shared had such gems in it. And I think it makes sense. Those who are showing off their hifi equipment have a natural interest to only present interesting song material. 

If Qobuz is lacking at the moment, it is that the playlists of Spotify are much better.

I wonder why there is no function of a hitlist of playlists of Qobuz members on an international scale. I could see that we as Qobuz family could add so much value if you let us. 

 

Here is one of my slow playlists I use for Pilates: http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/863606

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started using Qobuz yesterday and it was working well. Enjoyed the selection and sound quality. But today the search is just not working. I get an endless spinning icon. The site works in other ways though, such as the discovery feature.

 

Anyone else having this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, are there any news on when the new pricing will be introduced in France? There are many classical releases missing from the U.S. catalogue. I'm thinking of changing my country account even if I have to pay around $13 more a month; knowing the change is in the works would motivate me to hasten my decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 3:42 PM, dmackta said:

Jacco it's a known issue, it's on Yamaha's side, and they are working on fixing it. We don't have an ETA yet. 

 

I've notified Yamaha a month ago, they don't even take the time to send some kind of acknowledgement. Is there any way to find out more about the status of this issue? Has Qobuz heard from them, perhaps? My alternative is to stream Qobuz content to the WXAD-10 using BubbleUPnP, which does offer browsing and playing of latest releases, so I'm not completely lost, but my faith in Yamaha is rapidly decreasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, there is a playback issue with "New Speedway Boogie" on the latest Anniversary Remaster of Workingman's Dead (Grateful Dead) that was just release on Qobuz last week. If trying to play it, it gets hung up and if trying to download the album for offline, this track prevents that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure it's a question for this forum, but still, someone might have an answer. It's about qobuz, but not about the audio, streaming, etc.

 

I'm considering an upgrade from CD-quality to 24-bits (HiFi to Studio), but I really do not understand the pricing involved.

686545250_Schermafbeelding2020-07-16om15_24_59.png.fc947ed3e7a6e2ef822ece3328dafc97.png

So, the price difference is EUR 5/month.

 

But if I choose to upgrade to Studio:

2020653116_Schermafbeelding2020-07-16om15_26_44.png.cc9da7ff3dc5ade2f44dcb373b50a54e.png

Upgrading will cost me EUR 10,16?!

If I pay per month, and I change to a subscription that's EUR 5 more per month, and I change "somewhere in the running month", how can the price for that ever be more than EUR 5? I don't get this, and it's making me reluctant to go ahead with this.

 

Has anybody seen this before, is there some explanation that I'm missing here?

 

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, if this really shouldn't be here, please remove.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacco said:

I'm not sure it's a question for this forum, but still, someone might have an answer. It's about qobuz, but not about the audio, streaming, etc.

 

I'm considering an upgrade from CD-quality to 24-bits (HiFi to Studio), but I really do not understand the pricing involved.

686545250_Schermafbeelding2020-07-16om15_24_59.png.fc947ed3e7a6e2ef822ece3328dafc97.png

So, the price difference is EUR 5/month.

 

But if I choose to upgrade to Studio:

2020653116_Schermafbeelding2020-07-16om15_26_44.png.cc9da7ff3dc5ade2f44dcb373b50a54e.png

Upgrading will cost me EUR 10,16?!

If I pay per month, and I change to a subscription that's EUR 5 more per month, and I change "somewhere in the running month", how can the price for that ever be more than EUR 5? I don't get this, and it's making me reluctant to go ahead with this.

 

Has anybody seen this before, is there some explanation that I'm missing here?

 

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, if this really shouldn't be here, please remove.

 

This is because you have a currently running subscription, that probably expires soon.

 

So here you'll pay to upgrade for probably 1-2 more months to Studio on your existing Hifi deal, after which you're only paying the full price for the monthly or annual rate for Studio for a new subscription year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

This is because you have a currently running subscription, that probably expires soon.

 

So here you'll pay to upgrade for probably 1-2 more months to Studio on your existing Hifi deal, after which you're only paying the full price for the monthly or annual rate for Studio for a new subscription year. 

 

I've been doing some more math on this and I'm going to contact their customer service, it just doesn't seem right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jacco said:

 

I've been doing some more math on this and I'm going to contact their customer service, it just doesn't seem right...


I think you'll find that they are terminating the HiFi monthly sub 'today', resulting in a partial refund.

Then from 'today', your new monthly Studio sub begins less the refund.

In effect you are paying 10.16 for the first month before reverting to the normal full price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...