Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, clipper said:

It stutters and skips for me too.  That track on Tidal is fine.  Just need a re-rip, I guess...

 

Good album...

 

Interesting that you say the TIDAL version is fine. I actually found two versions of the same album on TIDAL (UK account):

https://listen.tidal.com/album/19129698 - track 21 seems to be ok;

https://listen.tidal.com/album/111593186 - track 21 sounds exactly as it does on Qobuz!

 

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cebolla said:

 

Interesting that you say the TIDAL version is fine. I actually found two versions of the same album on TIDAL (UK account):

https://listen.tidal.com/album/19129698 - track 21 seems to be ok;

https://listen.tidal.com/album/111593186 - track 21 sounds exactly as it does on Qobuz!

 

You're right!  I don't know how I didn't notice the other Tidal album before.  

 

Track 21 is messed up on one of them but ok on the other...  Good catch!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 9:36 AM, _JL_ said:

I'm currently registered via Qobuz France as their catalog is better suited for me than the US one. So anyone has news on whether Qobuz Europe (France in particular) will follow the new US/UK pricing anytime soon? I like Qobuz but the pricing disparity is getting very annoying for me.

 

I tried to sign-up Qobuz US and also UK (using VPN) but it seems they no longer accept payment methods not registered in US/UK. Anybody know how to work around that? It's amazing how difficult it is to give money away these days.

 

 

This is worrying. Will geo-blocking become more strict with Qobuz? Primephonic already offers its service worldwide. Up until now you could sign up for Qobuz in any region you wished using a VPN. Industries should adapt to the wishes of paying customers, not the other way around. We ought to be able to access any catalogue we wish regardless of where we live.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

 

This is worrying. Will geo-blocking become more strict with Qobuz? Primephonic already offers its service worldwide. Up until now you could sign up for Qobuz in any region you wished using a VPN. Industries should adapt to the wishes of paying customers, not the other way around. We ought to be able to access any catalogue we wish regardless of where we live.

 

You can blame the record labels for these region restrictions, it is they who impose them.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

 

You can blame the record labels for these region restrictions, it is they who impose them.

 

Those restrictions don't apply to Primephonic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Polyglot said:

 

Both are streaming services and the differences you cite have no bearing at all on the odious issue of geo-blocking.

 

I'd invite you to better explain it then, except that if you could, you'd have likely done that already.

 

I'll refrain from anything further here, except to say the geo-blocking you refer to is directly related to licensing and copyright issues, as imposed by the record labels as I stated originally. Unless all of the classical labels' content available on Primephonic is not subject to licensing and copyright restrictions, then it stands to reason the deal they have with the labels differs in more ways than one, including region restriction or lack thereof.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Qobuz Windows app, I occasionally encounter the following problem while playing an album.

 

The next track begins to play and I can see on the progress bar that it is downloading/caching the track. However, sometimes I see the download progress stop in the middle of the track.

 

At this point the track will be in a bad state. The player catches up to the last download point and everything just stops. It doesn't download the rest of the track and the spinner goes indefinitely. If I restart

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Qobuz Windows app, I occasionally encounter the following problem while playing an album.

 

The next track begins to play and I can see the progress of the track downloading/caching. However, sometimes I see the download progress stop in the middle of the track.

 

At this point the track will be in a bad state. The player catches up to the download point and everything just stops. It doesn't download the remainder of the track and the spinner goes indefinitely. If I restart playing from the beginning of the track, it will just replay to the same point and get stuck again. Even restarting the app doesn't fix the track. To recover, I skip to a different track and delete the bad track from the cache, and if I replay the track again everything will work fine.

 

This may happen a couple of times a day, often enough that when I begin playing an album I don't have confidence that it will play all the way through without stopping. I am running Windows 10 with a good Internet connection (500 Mbps).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2020 at 12:09 AM, RichardSF said:

On the Qobuz Windows app, I occasionally encounter the following problem while playing an album.

 

The next track begins to play and I can see the progress of the track downloading/caching. However, sometimes I see the download progress stop in the middle of the track.

 

At this point the track will be in a bad state. The player catches up to the download point and everything just stops. It doesn't download the remainder of the track and the spinner goes indefinitely. If I restart playing from the beginning of the track, it will just replay to the same point and get stuck again. Even restarting the app doesn't fix the track. To recover, I skip to a different track and delete the bad track from the cache, and if I replay the track again everything will work fine.

 

This may happen a couple of times a day, often enough that when I begin playing an album I don't have confidence that it will play all the way through without stopping. I am running Windows 10 with a good Internet connection (500 Mbps).

 

Hi Richard,

 

We know this issue and hope that can be fix with the next release this month or april.

In the meanwhile you can clear your cache data in the app and reduce the cache to the lower size.

 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RichardSF said:

Now this is even more interesting. The web player and app show different metadata for the same album.

 

Qobuz Windows and Mac apps

921909195_Qobuzapp.png.c4e26309f7c43b49f94bf2fa03d0676d.png

 

Qobuz web player

2131610860_Qobuzwebplayer.png.fff370244bfdf1ea3fd705163ed96d9b.png

 

 

Hi,

 

Must be a cache issue, I have the same information on both app. You have to know that this is the same app. There is only one developpement and 2 differents build, one for the desktop on one for the web player.

 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

 

Must be a cache issue, I have the same information on both app. You have to know that this is the same app. There is only one developpement and 2 differents build, one for the desktop on one for the web player.

 

Regards

 

Thanks David, I cleared the cache in my desktop app and that fixed it. They must have fixed the metadata on the server and I needed to resync.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@David Craff

Asked this question of you in a few pages back, and also many pages ago, but was unanswered...as we in Canada have no way to log into the Qobuz web page since the region restrictions give us the silly and patronizing message...it appears you logging in from a country, etc.....would you please advise if Qobuz has any intention of offering your service in Canada and, if so, at what timeline.  

Long ago, you posted that it would be six to eight weeks following the US release but this has proved to be laughable so I am just seeking some timeline.

As a former owner of the French produced Devialet, an amazingly wonderful musical piece of gear, I am used to the very unique and binary French notion of customer service:

positive: a gallic shrug 

negative: indifference (and possible raised middle finger)

So I ask again, to you the North American representative for Qobuz, kindly respond with some thoughtful statement as to a timelime....if you're planning the gallic shrug....forgettaboutit....

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, chris020 said:

I am on  the studio hi res sub but having trouble getting any of the 24bit options to work on my Yamaha WXC 50 Music cast streamer. Any ideas appreciated.

 

Factory reset solved the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, wdw said:

 

@David Craff

Asked this question of you in a few pages back, and also many pages ago, but was unanswered...as we in Canada have no way to log into the Qobuz web page since the region restrictions give us the silly and patronizing message...it appears you logging in from a country, etc.....would you please advise if Qobuz has any intention of offering your service in Canada and, if so, at what timeline.  

Long ago, you posted that it would be six to eight weeks following the US release but this has proved to be laughable so I am just seeking some timeline.

As a former owner of the French produced Devialet, an amazingly wonderful musical piece of gear, I am used to the very unique and binary French notion of customer service:

positive: a gallic shrug 

negative: indifference (and possible raised middle finger)

So I ask again, to you the North American representative for Qobuz, kindly respond with some thoughtful statement as to a timelime....if you're planning the gallic shrug....forgettaboutit....

 

 

 

 

 

I think you'd have better luck if you tagged him properly. It should look like this: @wdw.

 

This is not a Qobuz sponsored thread (note that Chris started it), so David doesn't have an obligation to check this thread.

sources:  intel nuc8i7 (win10, roon core, hqplayer) (server) | intel nuc8i5 (audiolinux, naa) (renderer)
headphone rig:  schiit yggdrasil (a2, unison) > bryston bha-1 > senn hd600
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc2bp > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...