Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, chris020 said:

Had an email this morning stating my charge for the 19th Feb would be £14.99

The answer to your question will be found on the previous page to this one.  If you are a UK subscriber Qobuz has brought its charging broadly into line with the USA which means a reduction in price for the future. It has also dropped the old MP3 and CD  resolution only plans. So there are now two subscription plans only, Studio Premier and Sublime+. Both offer hi-res but Sublime + also provides discounted downloads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PAR said:

The answer to your question will be found on the previous page to this one.  If you are a UK subscriber Qobuz has brought its charging broadly into line with the USA which means a reduction in price for the future. It has also dropped the old MP3 and CD  resolution only plans. So there are now two subscription plans only, Studio Premier and Sublime+. Both offer hi-res but Sublime + also provides discounted downloads.

Many thanks I understand all of this but why charge something when they say something else. Also surprised not to get any response from customers support.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chris020 said:

Many thanks I understand all of this but why charge something when they say something else. Also surprised not to get any response from customers support.

 

The email I got was dated 21 February (not sure if that was the send date or the date I received it). It said that I would be charged the new rate from my next payment, which is 7 March. I think that means I will then move over to the Premier tier - I'm certainly not able to play hi res files yet.

 

If your payment was due on 19 February, a day or two before the announcement, wouldn't it be correct to charge at the old price? Unfortunate, but I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere!

 

Regarding customer service, it does seem to have slipped over the past few years. Previously I would always get a personal response, generally with a free album download added to my account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrahamH said:

 

The email I got was dated 21 February (not sure if that was the send date or the date I received it). It said that I would be charged the new rate from my next payment, which is 7 March. I think that means I will then move over to the Premier tier - I'm certainly not able to play hi res files yet.

 

If your payment was due on 19 February, a day or two before the announcement, wouldn't it be correct to charge at the old price? Unfortunate, but I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere!

 

Regarding customer service, it does seem to have slipped over the past few years. Previously I would always get a personal response, generally with a free album download added to my account.

Feels like a crossover issue and where it stated change from 19th Feb was incorrect. Same here unable to get Hi res as yet, another month wait me thinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a big fan of classical material on both the CPO and Exton labels. However, unlike BIS or Chandos, most if not all of those CPO and Exton albums that were originally released as SACDs appear on Qobuz only as 16/44.  Assuming these were recorded as DSD or high rate PCM, any chance of upgrading them to 24/96, transfered  from the master or at least from the DSD distribution files?  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norton said:

Assuming these were recorded as DSD or high rate PCM, any chance of upgrading them to 24/96, transfered  from the master or at least from the DSD distribution files?  

I wouldn't make any assumption about original recording formats. There is no provenance available not even an equivalent to the CD SPARS code. The vast majority of SACDs do not have a DSD source and , sadly, sometimes not even a hi-rez one.

 

Qobuz does not have any rights to remaster recordings and they have no access to the master tapes or files . They can only stream or sell what the record labels send to them. So your question about improved formats really needs to be addressed to CPO or  Exton themselves.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PAR said:

I wouldn't make any assumption about original recording formats. There is no provenance available not even an equivalent to the CD SPARS code. The vast majority of SACDs do not have a DSD source and , sadly, sometimes not even a hi-rez one.

 

Qobuz does not have any rights to remaster recordings and they have no access to the master tapes or files . They can only stream or sell what the record labels send to them. So your question about improved formats really needs to be addressed to CPO or  Exton themselves.

 

 

My query was addressed to Qobuz, so unless you are a representative of Qobuz your reply is neither helpful or relevant (of course if you are a representative of Qobuz then your reply is just the former of these). In the case of both these labels the original recordings for the SACD releases I have in mind were made in either DSD or hi res PCM and I was thus asking  that Qobuz source 24/96 or 24/192 material from the label, instead of 16/44 if possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Norton, please keep in mind people are only trying to help and doing so by giving their valuable free time. 


Chris, hands up my tone was perhaps rather sharp, but I thought I was addressing Qobuz in an official thread and didn’t find it helpful to have another user (as I saw it) butting in with assumptions and undermining a legitimate and respectful request to Qobuz.

 

On the civility front, there’s nothing in my post that was ad hominem, the subject of my sentence  concerns the response, not the person.  It’s kind of ironic though that I am being called out for civility by members who think nothing of using language like “the big  finger” and “FU” (now deleted but still emailed to me) and to whom you apparently give a free pass to so conduct themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to revisit the issue of Linn Kazoo suddenly not working as of late Dec. 2019.

 

I believe to date there has been no actual response or explanation provided by either Qobuz, or Linn. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

 

Is there a reason (that isn't top secret) that Qobuz wishes to share with it's paid subscribers as to why the Linn Kazoo apps simply won't accept Qobuz login credentials as of late 2019?

 

I'd ask on the Linn forum, but that was shut down by Linn in 2018, and I don't wish to register at who knows which U.K. forum in order to get this answer, I'd really appreciate a comment here from Qobuz, thank you.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott TIDAL

Boycott Warner Music Group

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 10:29 PM, Jud said:


Hi Sal. Yes, it does bit perfect, hi res, and at least with Ubuntu and similar Debian-based distress, no problem avoiding Pulse and using ALSA.

 

Jud,  could you elaborate a bit on your last statement?  Provide some guidance/ suggestions maybe? (offline message if necessary)

 

I am unable to get 24/ 96 sampling from Qobuz Studio (only 16/ 44.1 thru Google Chrome web player or Nuvola Qobuz app... both sound really good) to my i7-6700k Linux Ubuntu 18.04 music server > Gustard DAC. I can successfully upsample to DSD256 or 24/ 192 from HQPlayer 4.3 desktop. If I connect a Windows 10 laptop w/ Qobuz app, I can get 24/96 using exclusive mode.

I worked yesterday on tweaking Pulse Audio per the attached link, but still only getting 16/ 44.1:

 

 

i7-6700k Server- Ubuntu 20.04LTS, HQPlayer Desktop 4.7.1: 44.1k x DSD256 ext2 7EC > Cat6 > Cisco 2960-8TC-L switch > Cat 6 > NUC7CJYH NAA- USB: HQPlayer 4.1.1 x64.7z image > 0.3m Ghent JSSG USB > USB Regen/ USPCB A>B Adapter > Singxer SU-1 > 0.3m  I2S > Gustard X20u DAC > Canare XLR > B & O Icepower 1200AS2 amp > GR Research N3 speakers > GIK Acoustics room treatments

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 9:29 PM, MikeyFresh said:

I'd like to revisit the issue of Linn Kazoo suddenly not working as of late Dec. 2019.

 

I believe to date there has been no actual response or explanation provided by either Qobuz, or Linn. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

 

Is there a reason (that isn't top secret) that Qobuz wishes to share with it's paid subscribers as to why the Linn Kazoo apps simply won't accept Qobuz login credentials as of late 2019?

 

I'd ask on the Linn forum, but that was shut down by Linn in 2018, and I don't wish to register at who knows which U.K. forum in order to get this answer, I'd really appreciate a comment here from Qobuz, thank you.

 

I am just a Qobuz users so do not know why, but could it be possible that Linn Kazoo was using one of the shared application id and keys instead of their own?  Similar to what had happened mid last year where bunch of open source Qobuz clients were using the application id and keys that were assigned to Kodi, which got revoked breaking bunch of clients.

 

I will try to setup an OpenHome server to act as front end for HQPlayer Embedded over the weekend and see if I can help figure out the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I am just a Qobuz users so do not know why, but could it be possible that Linn Kazoo was using one of the shared application id and keys instead of their own?  Similar to what had happened mid last year where bunch of open source Qobuz clients were using the application id and keys that were assigned to Kodi, which got revoked breaking bunch of clients.

 

Quite possible, even probable. But I don't understand why that is so super top secret. Neither Qobuz nor Linn comments, it's just simply broken with no explanation of why or how it can ever be restored.

 

47 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I will try to setup an OpenHome server to act as front end for HQPlayer Embedded over the weekend and see if I can help figure out the issue.

 

I tried that and it didn't work on my end, but I'd be very curious to hear your results. Thank you.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott TIDAL

Boycott Warner Music Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently registered via Qobuz France as their catalog is better suited for me than the US one. So anyone has news on whether Qobuz Europe (France in particular) will follow the new US/UK pricing anytime soon? I like Qobuz but the pricing disparity is getting very annoying for me.

 

I tried to sign-up Qobuz US and also UK (using VPN) but it seems they no longer accept payment methods not registered in US/UK. Anybody know how to work around that? It's amazing how difficult it is to give money away these days.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a contact link to send a message to Qobuz about apparent defects in an audio file played thru my streaming account?

 

FYI, it's track 21 of the Robyn Hitchcock album I Often Dream Of Trains, it stutters and skips during playback. Happens in either the Qobuz player app for Windows as well as thru Audirvana. The other tracks play fine, so this is not a problem with my internet connection or computer, it is just the one song. I'd report it to Qobuz If I had a link.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...