IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 2/2/2020 at 5:01 PM, Jud said:

Thanks Jud.
I have to look into if the current PCLinuxOS dev team is interested in building Nuvola apps to run on our distro.

But before bothering I need to find out if the output of its dedicated Qobuz app to direct for bit perfect playback as it does in Windoz with Exclusive.  Working around Pulse and getting the stream into Alsa can be difficult. Tricky stuff modern linux sound config is.  LOL

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

1 hour ago, Sal1950 said:

Thanks Jud.
I have to look into if the current PCLinuxOS dev team is interested in building Nuvola apps to run on our distro.

But before bothering I need to find out if the output of its dedicated Qobuz app to direct for bit perfect playback as it does in Windoz with Exclusive.  Working around Pulse and getting the stream into Alsa can be difficult. Tricky stuff modern linux sound config is.  LOL

Hi Sal. Yes, it does bit perfect, hi res, and at least with Ubuntu and similar Debian-based distress, no problem avoiding Pulse and using ALSA.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 hours ago, PAR said:

Any such album ID cannot be seen when using any of the Qobuz desktop apps nor if you use a device that incorporates the Qobuz API. It is only viewable in the Qobuz Web Player

Yes, the web based form is directly tied to the web based album information.   

To be quite clear here.  I was relaying information from earlier in this thread posted by a Qobuz employee.  

On 2/3/2020 at 5:02 PM, rando said:

Album ID would be the album ID as listed in the browser address for that exact album on the Qobuz browser player.  Observe.

So you would (and I personally in the US had zero issues logging in which brought me to the metadata reporting page) insert "8018344014494" into the browser address after "?p=" [slight error in first post] followed by filling in all pertinent info to the field on the form.  

Et voilà, ça marche comme un charme!

image.thumb.png.d9b9859f2a50c276c2ae4270a71f4c08.png

I tried your corrected instructions on the browser version of Qobuz with and without quotes, using the same album you used as an example. I got a "404 page not found" error in the US. I do appreciate your help. Maybe a screenshot of what the entire address looks like in the browser address bar would be even better. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Talisman said:

Maybe a screenshot of what the entire address looks like in the browser address bar would be even better.

Is the entire address not present in the screenshot?  It looks complete to me.  

This is the same screenshot, but I just repeated the process of inserting the album ID and it loaded this page (after signing in) with no 404.

image.png

11 minutes ago, rando said:

Is the entire address not present in the screenshot?  It looks complete to me.  

This is the same screenshot, but I just repeated the process of inserting the album ID and it loaded this page (after signing in) with no 404.

image.png

I see now...thanks. What I needed to do was enter https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/customer/metadata, then paste ?p=8018344014494 (or any other album number) directly after "metadata" in the browser address bar. I wasn't understanding the first part of that before.

I may be late in noticing this, but the Favourites section of the Qobuz website (UK) has recently become significantly less useful to me following its redesign.

Both pricing information and batch edit seem to have been removed from Favourites, nor does there seem to be any method to be able to skip quickly to the end of my list - currently that means I now have to navigate through 27 pages.

(On my iPad mini, unless I put it into portrait mode, I cannot even access Favourites because the dropdown section is hidden behind an overlaying section).

In practice, I used Favourites as an easy way of keeping an eye on price drops for potential purchases - I could readily see if any of my Favourites were affected by one of Qobuz's periodic offers. Now, I have to navigate through 27 pages and open each individual album to access price information. I can see my purchase habit diminishing significantly, and I wonder if this is really a desirable outcome for Qobuz? (It probably is for my partner)

Does anyone else see this redesign of Favourites as a step backwards in functionality, or am I missing something when using the site?

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

35 minutes ago, church_mouse said:

Both pricing information and batch edit seem to have been removed from Favourites, nor does there seem to be any method to be able to skip quickly to the end of my list

You can still sort the list in order of artist name or release date if that helps, at least on the desktop. You can make the end of your list now the beginning which may help . Maybe the box for doing this is obscured on your i-pad ? In fact are you referring not to changes on the desktop but to changes on the iOS version for mobile devices?  Or are you talking about the web browser as you refer to their website? It would help if you would kindly clarify which of the Qobuz applications you refer to.

@PAR

I am referring to the Qobuz website, whether visited on my iPad or on my MacBook browser. I see no sorting options. I can view "My Favourites" Albums, Tracks, Artists (though there is no cross-referencing between those categories). Each category gives a view of the first 10, and I can navigate to the next page only. There is a search bar. No pricing information shows, nor can I see a batch edit function.

David

1 hour ago, church_mouse said:

I am referring to the Qobuz website

I am sorry but I am still unclear. Qobuz has 2 basic  websites. Are you referring to the Qobuz Download Store which is basically separate from the streaming operation ( although the desktop streaming app links to it) ? However that doesn't have a Favourites option. Nor does the other website which is where you sign up to join.

I still think that you are not referring to a website but to the Qobuz Web Player i.e. the browser player. That does have a Favourites selection , but it also has a sort option.  I could, of course, be wrong and you are talking about something that I haven't come across.

@PAR

I am referring to the Qobuz website, which includes the download store, not the Web Player (I never use the Web Player).

On the Qobuz website, within my account details I have "my profile" - within that I can access my account details, my purchases and my favourites. The design of that section of pages has changed recently and it is that to which I refer.

David

24 minutes ago, church_mouse said:

I am referring to the Qobuz website

This, as far as I am concerned, is the Qobuz website. Are you referring to this? If it isn't his or the download store AFAIK all that is left is one of the Qobuz player apps. If so which ?1263929128_Screenshot(123).thumb.png.02b33338504696bb0a52a8a2d0b67e96.png?

On 2/3/2020 at 8:12 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Those "directions" about the album ID above are confusing as hell, I agree with the others here.

If we're linking to albums, here is one:  

ID:  0886443712072

LInk: https://play.qobuz.com/album/0886443712072

Her name is not James, I guarantee it. It is Morgan James.  Not James Morgan. All of her albums are like this.

Yes. Her name is definitely Morgan James. I hope that gets fixed as she is a brilliant singer.

Check her out on YouTube. She is remarkable to watch. She puts 150% into her art.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

@PAR  That is correct. In the top right, select My Account. Then My profile. Within there you will see to what I refer. 

All that said, if you have never been to that section before, you will not know of the changes which have been made.

David

As I said there may be something I haven't come across before and I haven't used the Qobuz webpage since I signed up with them four years ago.

I can only suggest that , at least for the time being , you now access your favourites via the player. At least you can sort the list to a degree. Prices will have to be found by opening the album and clicking the bag ( buy) icon. I have to say that in any case if I want to buy a download I will not just click the buy icon but will go off to competitive websites to see if Qobuz are really the cheapest. Often they are but certainly not always. And at least you should be receiving emails from them about any discount promotions e.g. currently for the UK there is one on Pentatone,  but caveat emptor.

I have some sympathy with Qobuz for not showing the prices at first glance for every album in a favourites list as there are usually 3 different prices for each and they no doubt want to upload this information once only to  a single linked  location.

13 minutes ago, mourip said:

Not sure which one you are referring to but she mostly does covers of other artists.

Yes, the album Mourip provided the link for. I did a quick check and recognised all the songs as being associated with Nina. I hope she (Morgan) does them justice. I'll give it a listen when I get a chance. There's a 1950's rock'n'roll version of 'I Put A Spell On You" by it's writer Screamin' Jay Hawkins which is absolutely incredible.

1 hour ago, Masterstroke said:

Yes, the album Mourip provided the link for. I did a quick check and recognised all the songs as being associated with Nina. I hope she (Morgan) does them justice. I'll give it a listen when I get a chance. There's a 1950's rock'n'roll version of 'I Put A Spell On You" by it's writer Screamin' Jay Hawkins which is absolutely incredible.

unless I missed something he provided the link by quoting me...

ha. 

she is amazing. You won’t be disappointed at all. 

No electron left behind.

13 hours ago, PAR said:

As I said there may be something I haven't come across before and

I have some sympathy with Qobuz for not showing the prices at first glance for every album in a favourites list as there are usually 3 different prices for each and they no doubt want to upload this information once only to  a single linked  location.

The sad thing is that, until the very recent redesign, showing all the prices in the My Favourites list is exactly what they did do. Perhaps I was the only user who found that very useful.

David